• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

FelipeMGM

Sooo, is there any place you can use the basement key.

And I also assume there is a way to ''get out'' trough the window of the attic right?

cchum

There's writing on the wall of the new room a riddle about 5 murdered guests

Edit: andddd I'm stuck hah

Edit 2: writing in the attic says. Five guests murdered, but where is unknown. Nothing to point to their final gravestones.

It's obvious there are 3 more demos and you have to complete the hand.
by obvious, I mean I'm speculating

Daggoth

There's got to be more than this. 2 GB for one new audio clip, one new door texture and ambience, one new room, 2 new objects (not counting bullets here), and some new text and a pre-order link?

That just doesn't add up ... we're missing something for sure this time.

I'VE BECOME ONE OF THEM, SEND HELP

They fixed some bugs from before as well. You can't pause in the beginning of the tape anymore so you won't get the spinning icon or desynced voices.

You can't look around during the color test screen when exiting the tape either.

Rndm

So I played through it again, blind.
Finally did something with the Dummy Finger I thought, got new stuff, bullets, the basement key aaaaaaand.... that seems to be it.
Just like in the original demo you are stuck with items you can't use until the next update it seems like.
I mean the new quote when picking up the phone... it pretty much says it all. All doors can be opened cause they are doors, duh. Some must remain closed for now (until Capcom updates it)

That is a really interesting way of building up to a game's release, by updating a demo over time. But I got to say that this new stuff wasn't satisfying at all. I just got 5 minutes more gameplay out if it which wasn't even that exciting.

Maybe I missed stuff, but I doubt it.

However I got to say that I appreciate the fact that they polished the demo quite a bit. In the secret are with the pit they fixed some extremely low res textures. The "black roof" in the entrance room when playing the tape has also been fixed. All in all the demo looks a lot more polished, probably because the E3 demo was rushed I guess. Still not amazing looking, but at least there are not as many "ugly" parts in it anymore and if the look of the final game is as polished as the new demo I'm ok with it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They tried to be so clever with this shit but failed hard.

You are not Kojima, Capcom.

Solving P.T. was fun, this is just annoying and stupid now.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
They tried to be so clever with this shit but failed hard.

You are not Kojima, Capcom.

Solving P.T. was fun, this is just annoying and stupid now.

giphy.gif

How can I download it? I put to update The Beginning Hour and nothing happened

Rndm

How can I download it? I put to update The Beginning Hour and nothing happened

For me it just started downloading automatically after booting up the PS4. That's how I got wind of it. I'm in Europe and it seems like the update isn't live in NA yet.

Also was this a stealth drop or did Capcom announce something at TGS about the update? I was genuinely suprised about it because I only expected an update for when PSVR comes out.

The weird shadows that you could see at the edge of your flashlight on the wall that was missing and wall facing the room that the new locked attic door leads to still appear on the wall that's intact. (Does that sentence make any sense...?)

Maybe that wall will be gone in the next demo so you can see one more room in the attic.

It seems like they cleaned up a bunch of the little issues that could allow you to sequence break/see things they didn't want you to see.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

VAD

I just finished my first run of the Twilight version.
I still haven't found what to do with the finger, got up in the attic, found the basement key and answered the phone.

But doesnt it say "Twilight Demo" on the opening screen now? I don't know for sure since I don't have it downloaded yet, but I could have sworn someone said that. Maybe they are talking about the U.S. release?

It says Twilight Version on the bottom right of the menu. You'll also notice that you'll have new menus and stuff.

dlauv

Very misguided and obtuse attempt at stringing people along and capitalizing on the unexpected mania concerning the first demo. This update feels impromptu.

We back boys!

And I think We are out again!

The update seems to just open a new area that's been analyzed by some for hours already. The huge update seems to indicate for graphical fixes in the demo which you can tell once you explore the demo again..

But yeah, I am back to being depressed again! :(

I haven't been able to find a clear answer to this. I have a Play Station Plus membership and the original Re7 demo downloaded. Is the Twilight demo available in the United States yet? I'm looking at the PlayStation Plus exclusives area on my PS4 and I'm not seeing anything about the new Re7 demo.

Edit: Sorry, looks like the demo update doesn't release till the 17th

Kyolux

Damn, I'm jealous.. I'm out of town. Will be back tonight, guess I'll try it then. I'm gonna try and go as blind as possible... So I guess I'm out RE7 threads for a bit.

Top Bottom