• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

liquidtmd

Banned
5GB for a new room, a hand and some bullets but no gun is kinda insulting.

The new trailer is indeed awesome but I could have done without this.

*Prays for time unlocked features on 17th*

The new trailer is indeed awesome but I could have done without this.

*Prays for time unlocked features on 17th*

They updated some of the graphical assets hence the reason for bigger size.. Or prob just getting ready for final part of the demo (not yet released)

Jawmuncher

They updated some of the graphical assets hence the reason for bigger size.. Or prob just getting ready for final part of the demo (not yet released)

I'm hoping the final part of the demo is when it'll be released on all platforms. Which is why they're only giving PS owners bits and pieces right now. Since it would be rather lame to have all these big events as build up for RE7 that PC and Xbox owners couldn't play until well after the fact of being old news.

gafneo

Banned
Now that the finger can be used, they put in a basement key that can't. They give us 4 bullets making us think a gun is around to use.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Now that the finger can be used, they put in a basement key that can't. They give us 4 bullets making us think a gun is around to use.

I'm guessing it's all leading up to something. It's like they are building a full mini RE7 prequel bit by bit. I'm loving it.

ezwndruv6olx.jpg

Pif

Banned
Just got to play this after a media blackout.

The graphics look kinda dated. But I guess this is being done from scratch for VR.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
I've played through the demo once. It's cool to see a new room. But where is this hand everyone is talking about?

Ydelnae

I watched the demo several times when it came out and joined a bunch of streams trying to figure out what was going on.

I still shat my pants during the first "Welcome to the family, son".

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Not falling for this shit again, Capcom. I played through the minuscule amount of new stuff and will way for this second update.

Firecrest

After glitching that attic door open last night on stream, then spending five hours trying to replicate it, and another three hours today... I am... so fucking done. It would have been nice to have the axe on hand to smash open those crates just to see if there was anything inside, but screw it.

I need an alcoholic beverage.

EDIT GUYS: the stream where I glitched open the attic door on Youtube is now viewable. It starts at 1:43:22 here but I didn't realize it was open until 1:44:19... lol:

https://youtu.be/N5-8WN24fLs

Do they ever mention the family having a daughter? In the tape section they only mention a son and the trailer is mom, dad, and son.

Who is the little girl in the new photo above the mantle? It did I just miss something?

Jawmuncher

Do they ever mention the family having a daughter? In the tape section they only mention a son and the trailer is mom, dad, and son.

Who is the little girl in the new photo above the mantle? It did I just miss something?

They haven't flat out said daughter, but there's been a lot of hinting.

We have the song lyrics, and most recently "She made that for you" didn't seem like it was referring to ellen baker.
I feel that this supposed daughter, is the source of their mutation/powers.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
After glitching that attic door open last night on stream, then spending five hours trying to replicate it, and another three hours today... I am... so fucking done. It would have been nice to have the axe on hand to smash open those crates just to see if there was anything inside, but screw it.

I need an alcoholic beverage.

EDIT GUYS: the stream where I glitched open the attic door on Youtube is now viewable. It starts at 1:43:22 here but I didn't realize it was open until 1:44:19... lol:

https://youtu.be/N5-8WN24fLs

and it doesn't have a thing there. Goddammit!

Bashtee

The phone call is givings us some hints:

"Did you find what you were looking for?" - Hand for the dummy finger
*something about closed doors - for now* - another update

Seems like that's it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I hope the actual games isn't just crypitc bs like this demo.

It's confirmed the game has secrets, multiple endings, and the like, but to beat it? Probably not. But there may be some cryptic hidden stuff in the game itself, especially as exploration is a focus.

gafneo

Banned
I noticed a door closing as I walk up stairs after putting in a fuse. Maybe the door sound is set off if things are done incorrectly. It closes the door near the window

Neff

My guess is that we're going to get an update each month until release, with a finger in each update until we get a complete hand which gives us some sort of shocking cliffhanger ending in time for the game.

Top Bottom