• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

I restarted and did everything quickly as possible. Didn't do the tape, used basement lockpick to get axe. Didn't even pick up all bullets (have like 8 or 9), and the axe on picture worked on first try this time.

Aikidoka

You shouldn't get the ending though.

How else do you get the ending? Maybe the game bugged as the transition was a bit awkward. I chopped the monster right arm off after it jumped through the bodybag, then just kept circling/ hitting. Then, the screen went black except damage bloodstains of the UI for a few seconds and then the monster was gone.

Kinsei

Banned
So there is bloody writing on the wall in the cow room that says "MUST". Is that new or was it always there and I just never noticed?

Restarted and got third giggle this time. Started, got fuse, put in fuse box, grabbed bullets from bathroom and hallway with notebook, grabbed notebook, grabbed finger, went to attic, grabbed basement key and bullets from under bed, grabbed hand piece, put hand together, read message on wall, got first giggle, got first hand print, got bolt cutters and vhs, got second giggle, got second hand print, grabbed valve, didn't get hit, got gun, got lockpick from basement, got axe, got third giggle. Didn't have attic key this time, didn't interact with anything extra.

Oh when I got the third giggle it was a strong axe swing right in front of picture that missed.

Did literally this right now and it worked. Don't know what i did wrong last time.

Actually, i did get lockpick before i got the gun and it still worked.

Kinsei

Banned
Where at? Screenshot? I don't see it.

You can see the "UST" behind the chair. The really strange thing is that when I pushed a chair into the room it teleported over to the letters.

CyzuuSMXUAAc_9-.jpg:large

Where is the gun?

In the toilet. Use the valve to fill up the water tank so you can flush the blood.

hughesta

Banned
Man I don't even know how to leave the room with the Moulded without getting fucking wrecked, can someone explain this to my dumb ass

kyan_hexagon

Neo Member
From what I've gathered, you can take damage and still escape with no change in endings, but there is a particular bite animation by the monster that will result in the infected ending.

I got lightly swiped as I ran by after grabbing attic key and got infected from it. So I then went back to kill him and he jumped at me and busted the basement light and everything went pitch black for a couple.of seconds and he was gone when the lights came back on.

Man I don't even know how to leave the room with the Moulded without getting fucking wrecked, can someone explain this to my dumb ass

First time... get behind the body bag, when he spawns, wait for him to get up, then push bag. It'll stun him for a few seconds. Immediately run to door, kick it twice and run up stairs. Go back down... run through door, run to back to get attic key, run back out. Basically run the whole time and hope he doesn't touch you.

Javin98

Banned
Shit, fourth giggle not working for me. Dusk, you got or did anything noteworthy in particular?

Edit: Got the attic key, went back to the mirror and quick turned. Still nothing. I have 10 bullets and have not been injured.

Wait, where was the second giggle again?!
Make sure you have the VHS tape in the closet, go up to the attic hallway, go all the way to the barricaded door.

kyan_hexagon

Neo Member
Got all four giggles so far. Did not go back into monster room for attic key. Currently have gun, 12 bullets (7 in gun, 5 loose), hand, notebook, bolt cutters,and vhs. I'm not infected. Haven't been to vhs world. Haven't interacted with piano, faucet, or soup pot. Hope that helps.

Javin98

Banned
I just want to make sure, where are the last two bullets? I have 10, 3 from the box in the attic, 1 under the bed, 1 from the bathroom, 2 on the shelf in the new area, 2 under the stairs and 1 in the gun.

Kinsei

Banned
I just want to make sure, where are the last two bullets? I have 10, 3 from the box in the attic, 1 under the bed, 1 from the bathroom, 2 on the shelf in the new area, 2 under the stairs and 1 in the gun.

Medicine cabinet in the bathroom.

kyan_hexagon

Neo Member

Bullets in medicine cabinet in bathroom and dresser in bathroom.

Javin98

Banned
Thanks, guys. Got all 12 bullets, but the fourth giggle is still not triggering. I hope I don't have to start over. :(

Edit: I forgot to point the finger at the door! Did that and quick turned and got the laugh instantly

kyan_hexagon

Neo Member
Can anyone summarize how to get where you gigglers are at?

Wake up, open crawl space from fireplace, grab fuse, insert fuse in fuse box, go to new area, get notebook out of dresser, grab dummy finger, go to attic, grab basement keys, grab dummy hand, read writing on attic wall for first giggle, combine finger and hand, point finger and hand at fallen wardrobe underneath clock at foot of stairs, get bolt cutters and vhs, go to dead end hallway in attic for second giggle, go to basement, grab lockpick to the left at foot of basement stairs, in basement point hand at head of dead body on gurney, grab valve, press x on door until character kicks it once, then and run around monster, position body hanging in middle of room between monster and yourself, kick body and knock monster down, kick door again and escape, get gun from bathroom toilet using valve, use lockpick to get axe, face painting of lady with a bag on her head on the stairs to second floor and hold L2 with axe and do a heavy swing for third giggle, point hand at boarded up door under stairs, look at mirror just outside that room and hold back and hit circle to do a quick turn for fourth giggle, point hand at blue and white wire on ceiling of attic by bed. That's where we're at.

Wake up, open crawl space from fireplace, grab fuse, insert fuse in fuse box, go to new area, get notebook out of dresser, grab dummy finger, go to attic, grab basement keys, grab dummy hand, read writing on attic wall for first giggle, combine finger and hand, point finger and hand at fallen wardrobe underneath clock at foot of stairs, get bolt cutters and vhs, go to dead end hallway in attic for second giggle, go to basement, grab lockpick to the left at foot of basement stairs, in basement point hand at head of dead body on gurney, grab valve, press x on door until character kicks it once, then and run around monster, position body hanging in middle of room between monster and yourself, kick body and knock monster down, kick door again and escape, get gun from bathroom toilet using valve, use lockpick to get axe, face painting of lady with a bag on her head on the stairs to second floor and hold L2 with axe and do a heavy swing for third giggle, point hand at boarded up door under stairs, look at mirror just outside that room and hold back and hit circle to do a quick turn for fourth giggle, point hand at blue and white wire on ceiling of attic by bed. That's where we're at.

You are awesome--thank you

Javin98

Banned
What Kensei said got me thinking. The fourth clue mentions a white and blue necklace. That seems to coincide with the colours of the crossing wires. In addition, Kensei mentioned the angels in the bathroom. Surprise, one is blue and the other is white. Perhaps our fifth giggle will be here?

There are also newspaper clippings of several people, presumably the victims. We're on a trail here, people. There are articles of a woman. Could that be Marlene?!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Jesus christ how are y'all even finding all these giggles and stuff out lol.

Top Bottom