• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

Lucent

So 2nd laugh is at dead end of attic...I wwant there and nothing. That's the top floor with the blocked off white door, right?

NateDrake

I did everything kyan said in that exact order. After that I started trying to help with the fifth laugh. Nothing was working so I thought that maybe I should try and kill the monster. He hit me once, I freaked out, grabbed the attic key and left.
After that I tried looking some more, hoping that maybe grabbing the key would have triggered something but I couldn't find anything.
That's when I decided to do the VHS sequence and finish it all. I grabbed the key for the front door, wandered some more, eventually went back to the basement, noticed the monster wasn't appearing so I started looking at the dolls.
Saw the doll on the floor, crouched, FIFTH laugh

Was there debris on the ground? The monster can knock over that shelving near the entrance of that area of the basement. That could be something we didn't do.

He didn't knock over the debris.

My inventory:
Axe, gun, back door key, notebook, hand and finger combined, tape, cutters, lock pick, attic window key

FULL INVENTORY

Javin98

Banned
He didn't knock over the debris.

My inventory:
Axe, gun, back door key, notebook, hand and finger combined, tape, cutters, lock pick, attic window key

FULL INVENTORY
Exact same inventory as mine, then. I've been hacking away at the bodybags with the axe and still nothing. Did you do anything else before going into the attic?

Edit: Whelp, just realized I don't have the lockpick. Could that be it?

The lock pick I have is the one you get in the basement.

I promise this is all I did.
I'm not holding back, I really want to help you guys or else I never would have even told you.

a harpy

The lock pick I have is the one you get in the basement.

I promise this is all I did.
I'm not holding back, I really want to help you guys or else I never would have even told you.

Did you try pointing at the place in the attic where you can see four different lights at once? Can you even go to the attic after triggering the ending of the video tape?

Kinsei

Banned
Dusk Golem just got it by beating the VHS tape and looking at the doll. I did the same thing and still got no laugh.

ggx2ac

I should add, you don't need to knock down the zombie with the bag on your first encounter to run away. I just stay at the door and keep pressing X. Haven't been hit once.

Then the second time I go down, I run straight for the key and run back out since the zombie spawns elsewhere, you are able to outrun him.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
DID IT!

GIGGLE 5: Complete the VHS Tape and then look at the Doll (I didn't have the backdoor key on me, used it on the door earlier).

MURDER SCENE 5: Point the finger at the pot on the Kitchen Table.

Javin98

Banned
DID IT!

GIGGLE 5: Complete the VHS Tape and then look at the Doll (I didn't have the backdoor key on me, used it on the door earlier).

Dusk, mind sharing your inventory? We fear the lockpick could make the difference.

Did everything in order except right after the tape I:
-Went immediately to the doll. Nothing.
-Grabbed the back door key. Nothing.
-Used key on back door. Nothing.

ggx2ac

DID IT!

I did that and it didn't work for me. Do I need more handgun ammo? I got seven bullets in mine.

Kinsei

Banned
Oh, gotcha.

This is frustrating! So far three people in this thread have completed the puzzle! What are we missing??

I thing it's a timed thing. We probably have to make it to the doll within a certain time after completing the tape for the first time on a fresh file.

Daggoth

I thing it's a timed thing. We probably have to make it to the doll within a certain time after completing the tape for the first time on a fresh file.
I did the tape for the first time after the 4th giggle and finger point ... didn't help.

Javin98

Banned
But IShouldGoPro said he was wondering around before going back to the doll. I did the VHS tape for the first time on this playthrough and immediately went to the doll. No luck.

Kinsei

Banned
coin'd

woo that demo ended before we took 8 years

The demos not over yet since we still don't know how to trigger the final giggle. This is like PT all over again with some people getting lucky and the rest of us trying to copy them but failing.

Soulflarz

Banned
The demos not over yet since we still don't know how to trigger the final giggle. This is like PT all over again with some people getting lucky and the rest of us trying to copy them but failing.

FWIW we never *fully* solved PT
we found out methods to er, mostly get it to work, but we never found out everything across the board iirc.

Lucent

Can't trigger 3rd giggle at painting of Lady with bag on head. I dunno why. I pointed the hand at the dead body. =[

a harpy

Here's exactly what I did:

Use tape to get lock pick. Stop tape and get axe.

Go in basement and get everything but attic key (didn't know where it was at the time.) I got infected here.

Go back up, get handgun, collect all handgun ammo.

Go and trigger all giggles and find all the gravestones in order except for the 5th.

Go and get attic key. Leave basement to despawn the monster, go back, shoot a bullet cause I'm fucking around.

Finish VHS tape. Immediately go to basement after this and trigger the giggle.

Go point at the pot (or like, the floor. Around there.). Get the last grave stone.

Go get my secret special message :3

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is the coin the end of the demo?

Coin is the end of the demo. When you get any of the endings after that:

b4d279e13ab695dfc9854c576c1f4791.png

Guessing it unlocks some exclusive item in the main game.

Top Bottom