• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

N.Domixis

Banned
Ive axed for about an hour every single place in the attic. I even found you can axe the boxes and mannequin from the other side of the wall. There is nothing. And the seem people said was a door. The other side of the wall is the same. I managed to see through the wall a it bit by crouching and I did not see an opening it was just wall. I give up.

Kinsei

Banned
I don't have a PS4, but I'm infatuated. At the risk of spreading misinformation, I've read from multiple people that the German Facebook page has said the axe can be used in certain situations in the attic, and that hints will be given later on.

I've read that too. My recent idea was to answer the phone and then bac into a corner and wait for the family man to show up by coming through the door. He never did.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've read that too. My recent idea was to answer the phone and then bac into a corner and wait for the family man to show up by coming through the door. He never did.

I don't think the back into the corner thing is even intentional. That's the biggest problem I'm having, people's exploration seems to be at the point of actively breaking what they expected people would do, lol. Same with the texture seams in the attic room.

MisterBronze

Neo Member
Has anyone tried booting the demo with a PSVR connected? I'm having trouble convincing the Sony testers in my office to down tools and try it ;)

Keihart

So i was reading the reddit topic, and more then one guys seems to have made it out of the phone room after answering the call. Some have walked backwards and the more interesting one said that he did everything before answering the phone including ghosts in the VHS and then run put got cauth going dow the stairs to the first floor, because he got stuck on the corner.

Okay so after two and a half hours of me and my brother trying different scenarios and a different "order of operations" so basically we did everything needed to be done, we believe in proper order. (1. get the fuze. (2. get the tape. (3. unlock the drawer for the axe in the video. (4. get the key. (5. grab the axe. (6. unlock the back door but do not open it. (7. go up the stairs and press the button, stand in front of the stairs as they come down and the mannequin that shows up next to the button, destroy that first with the axe, then destroy the other three. (8. go up to the third floor and as you enter the room destroy the mannequin. (9. look at the picture next to the phone. (10. answer the phone. (11. sprint out of the door and down the stairs.
See we made it out of the phone room alive but my brother got stuck on the corner just before the last flight of stairs and the family man showed up. We are way too tired to continue tonight but i will keep trying tomorrow. Might as well stream it again too to save it

It lacks video proof, interesting nonetheless.
Walking backwards would make sense if the family man comes through the wall.

Hektor

So i was reading the reddit topic, and more then one guys seems to have made it out of the phone room after answering the call. Some have walked backwards and the more interesting one said that he did everything before answering the phone including ghosts in the VHS and then run put got cauth going dow the stairs to the first floor, because he got stuck on the corner.

It lacks video proof, interesting nonetheless.
Walking backwards would make sense if the family man comes through the wall.

I'm pretty sure you can't destroy the three mannequins in front of the stairs

There better be more to this. Such a let down if not.

And yeah I whacked away at the 3 mannequins and got nothing. I whacked at the door that doesn't open too and noticed the handle was broken. Is it always broken?

saskayzx

Neo Member
has anyone tried to stop the VHS tape at each ghost sighting and replaying and triggering the next sighting? maybe that's the whole purpose of multiple sighting and the ability to stop the tape.

I really hope there is more to this....

Roscoe182

Ah ok, I won't bother trying then. I knew the demo wouldn't be in VR; but I thought having the device connected might trigger something. As if the demo reveals something new when people have PSVR in their homes.

that would be better than this compete brain ache.

i bet all we get at the end is a splash screen that says Resident E-vil

Slaythe

To avoid getting killed in the phone room :

Get fuse

Stop the video after unlocking the axe

Do not pick up finger

Pick up axe

Go upstairs

Check photo

Phone

Survive

That seems to work most of the time for me.

Brhoom

Banned
1: pick up the phone.

2: hug the wall and go downstairs.

3: go to the hole with no ladder.

4: get punched there.

5: Fall into the hole?

Yeah I just woke up and I'm fasting so this is the best I got.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I posted this in the other RE7 thread, but it is kind of related as it's about finding the secrets of the RE7 demo. Someone spotted a BIG HINT that might suggest Resident Evil 7 will come with a demo of REmake 2:

e178f69d72bf24f8c9d0f59d369f0640.jpg

Capcom are going with really interesting clues in this, I will say.

I posted this in the other RE7 thread, but it is kind of related as it's about finding the secrets of the RE7 demo. Someone spotted a BIG HINT that might suggest Resident Evil 7 will come with a demo of REmake 2:

You know what, this might be the "reward" for completing the demo (a trailer for RE2 REmake).

Hanmik

Played for a couple of hours last night.. liked it a lot..

when you hit the axe on the wall beams (just outside the telephone room) you can make some much longer marks.. not just the small marks. I think there are like 3 of those planks(boards?) up in the hallway outside the telephone room that can be hit like that. I couldn't make those marks on any other stuff in the game. Just hit the planks and some of them can be hit in a different way, leaving bigger marks.
It probably has no significance, but it still is strange.. I am at work and didn´t take any screenshots last night..

And if you look at the planks/boards just across the door to the telephone room, you will notice that one of the boards disappear (go black), when you look at it from a certain angle.. might be a glitch but I only noticed it there.

Kinsei

Banned
What you guys are doing is remarkable, but... What if there isn't another ending, and you are just wasting your time?

The journey alone has been worth it. Finding the ghosts, the Umbrella photo, and the variations in the phone calls has been really fun for me (even though it's been a bit maddening haha).

JohnDrake

I went to sleep 10 hours ago and I see so far there was 0 movement. Everyone is still stuck. I need to buy a month of Plus to play this.

Kinsei

Banned
I went to sleep 10 hours ago and I see so far there was 0 movement. Everyone is still stuck. I need to buy a month of Plus to play this.

There's been some little things that have been discovered like the symbol that appears on the pause screen. You;re right that there's been no major progress though.

Brhoom

Banned
Guys I think I found something.

I tried catching the ghost and everytime I miss her (I think by being too early) I hear a ticking sound, just one tick every time, I only know 3 places and everytime that tick was heard.

Maybe we need to hear the tick 7 times? Since she appears 7 times I think?

Or we need to catch all her places in one go?

Hanmik

according to someone else, this is how to get the different phonecalls:

Phone Call #1 – Find the fuse, go up the fuse-driven stairs in the attic, and then answer the phone.

Phone Call #2 – Do all the steps in the Escape Ending, but instead of trying to leave the house, do all the steps to get the phone call ending. The phone will ring as per usual, but the conversation will be different.

Phone Call #3 – Ignore everything and rush to get the fuse, then head upstairs without the mannequins turning around to look at you. The phone will ring once more, but you'll get an entirely new message this time around.

someone is saying the last message is "Thanks, Moon Moon!" ?? did anyone get that ?

giphy.gif

Dear God don't do this to me.

Brhoom

Banned
If I flip the photo the question marks becomes 2, but I can't understand the other words when they are flipped.

consoul

OK, guys I got this.

When you're the cameraman, the two guys you're with are Peter and André.
Peter André!
Famous for songs such as
Mysterious Swing
Mysterious Girl
and Behind Closed Doors.

;p

Top Bottom