• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

Zycban

according to someone else, this is how to get the different phonecalls:

someone is saying the last message is "Thanks, Moon Moon!" ?? did anyone get that ?

not yet but that would point to the logo with the hands in front of the moon and the short index finger.

edit:

ONaTp1R.png

N.Domixis

Banned
I was watching a stream were the guy was dreaming of becoming a millionaire and internet famous all due to being the first to solve this lol. He played for 8 straight hours.

Roscoe182

someone on reddit has mentioned they had a 4th call. after destroying 3 mannequins . fone msg was you on the right path.

normally i wouldn't take any notice but he didn't make a big deal about it so it didn't seem like an attention post .
im trying to replicate now but i cant get the 1 at the top of the stairs to spawn .

thought it may be worth mentioning.

Kinsei

Banned
someone on reddit has mentioned they had a 4th call. after destroying 3 mannequins . fone msg was you on the right path.

normally i wouldn't take any notice but he didn't make a big deal about it so it didn't seem like an attention post .
im trying to replicate now but i cant get the 1 at the top of the stairs to spawn .

thought it may be worth mentioning.

I just did it and didn't get a new call.

MrCow

hey guys,

german guy here who just read the German Facebook page again that is dropping "hints".

the "hint" regarding the helicopter photo is only a response to some dumb people on facebook claiming that Resident Evil 7 has nothing to do (story wise) with the previous RE games.

response from the facebook mod: look upstairs for a hint.

thats it. he just means that you will find the photo of the helicopter upstairs with the umbrella logo on it. thats the connection to the previous RE games and thats all hes saying.

EDIT: there is no mention of any axe or photo or combination of the two, at least i don't see any

now i hope that is not all this demo has to offer but from my point of view there is nothing more behind the photo of the helicopter.

Zycban

I'm also reading that people are getting *click* noices when doing certain actions or looking at certain things.

Anybody heard those?

Inviusx

I'm also reading that people are getting *click* noices when doing certain actions or looking at certain things.

Anybody heard those?

Yes I heard them on my first play through and immediately thought they sounded out of place, almost like I was activating a trap or something. There were a few spots i noticed the click, I remember it happening in the hallway between the bolt cutters and the VHS tape.

It might just be ambient noise but who knows....

MisterBronze

Neo Member
I have to confess, I thought the clicks were an audio bug. It's like audio clipping that I have experienced on some other PS4 games that were not well optimised. I'm not dead against the idea that they are intentional, though..

Ourobolus

Banned
FYI guys I'm pretty sure the clock reads 10:37 and not 7:47.

Also, my other theory is the picture of the woman with the bonnet. It's the only out of place picture in the house - the rest are landscapes or seemingly normal photos of people.

I've hacked the shit out of the picture and the wall behind it though :/

Zycban

Yes I heard them on my first play through and immediately thought they sounded out of place, almost like I was activating a trap or something. There were a few spots i noticed the click, I remember it happening in the hallway between the bolt cutters and the VHS tape.

It might just be ambient noise but who knows....

From the reddit thread:

Click noise when I look at the back of helicopter photograph upside down. I also noticed that the question mark resembles "2" while upside down.

Looking at one of the pictures/paintings triggered a click.

Unlock the frontdoor without opening it. When you do that, you get a "Click"

As soon as you start the game look underneath the table with the TV on it and theres a box with a name fairly visible and scribbled out and underneath it is the number 1 as soon as I looked at it it made that clicking sound

PartyElectrify

Neo Member
Does anyone know why you can't break the 3 manikins upstairs? Also have anyone else noticed that if you destroy the boxes and manikin in the attic, and then go to the TV room, they respawn?

Roscoe182

now i may have missed a post that went over this (or the 20 hours i have been up are affecting me) but after you get a knuckle samich and it cuts to the guy cutting you lose as the screen is still black and fading in the guy says bill or phill i thought the names of the 3 guys were Clancy, andre and pete who is phill or bill??

have i missed something.

Kinsei

Banned
now i may have missed a post that went over this (or the 20 hours i have been up are affecting me) but after you get a knuckle samich and it cuts to the guy cutting you lose as the screen is still black and fading in the guy says bill or phill i thought the names of the 3 guys were Clancy, andre and pete who is phill or bill??

have i missed something.

The guy you play as in the present is not Clancy. I think he's meant to be Lucas going by what the woman on the phone says. Maybe he got his name changed or the guy that watches Pete get killed is a different character altogether.

Interesting, then there's only 3 manikins you can hack and how many boxes?

Five boxes. So there's 7 objects you can destroy. It all comes back to that number.

OniBaka

From the reddit thread:

Click noise when I look at the back of helicopter photograph upside down. I also noticed that the question mark resembles "2" while upside down.

Looking at one of the pictures/paintings triggered a click.

Unlock the frontdoor without opening it. When you do that, you get a "Click"

As soon as you start the game look underneath the table with the TV on it and theres a box with a name fairly visible and scribbled out and underneath it is the number 1 as soon as I looked at it it made that clicking sound

Interesting, then there's only 3 manikins you can hack and how many boxes?

Then also how many times the ghost appears.

I fell asleep watching someone streaming this last night.

Then I had a dream that he finally progressed and was on the roof or whatever. But then he got swarmed by bees, it was weird. But then I got super hyped that the puzzle is finally over.

Then I woke up. I was in the same place where my dream took place, so I was convinced the puzzle was still over, but then I saw that the streamer was still streaming the same thing, nothing new or anything. It was the worst.

Roscoe182

The guy you play as in the present is not Clancy. I think he's meant to be Lucas going by what the woman on the phone says. Maybe he got his name changed or the guy that watches Pete get killed is a different character altogether.

this is why im confused the name is said really quietly i only heard it with my headset on.
but its 100% bill or phil

i mention the 3 guys cus they are the only names we know?

i dont think the name hold any relevance at all but i hadn't seen it mentioned.

Manu

Wait, one of the messages on the phone is "you have the choice to change things" or something like that, right?

What if, right after hanging up but before Family Man appears, we pause and hit Retry? Has anyone tried that?

this is why im confused the name is said really quietly i only heard it with my headset on.
but its 100% bill or phil

i mention the 3 guys cus they are the only names we know?

i dont think the name hold any relevance at all but i hadn't seen it mentioned.

It is Phil I think, interesting!

AAMARMO

Banned
Back at it again. Someone onreddit posted how to get the 4th call.

Here
Ok so in order to get the 4th phonecall that says "You're so close"
Pull the lever, get the fuse, go get the bolt cutters, get the tape, grap the finger on your way back
Open the drawer in the VHS, finish the VHS
In present time, go grab the axe and go in the hallway, destroy the dummy here
Go upstairs, look at the dummies, try to push the button, the dummies should have changed position. Check the table where the headset is in the past, get back, there should be a dummy on top of the stairs, destroy it
Go downstairs, get put the fuse in, go into the phone room, look at the heli pic, the 3rd dummy should have spawned behind you. Destroy it.
At this point, if you answer the phone, you get the 4th phonecall message. I think at this point, the "use the axe" thingy becomes a thing and the finger opens the "hidden door". Try looking at the heli picture again. Avoid family man though.
If someone tries on stream, link it to me please.

Roscoe182

Did you try it doing it step by step like he outlined?

i did indeed once on my own twice with his instruction and twice with the other instruction.

obviously i could still be doing something wrong the more that try the faster we can say yes or no.

Ardenyal

From the reddit thread:

So maybe you need to activate 1-7 in order.

1 ??? Maybe the burnt / disfigured doll by the bolt cutters

2 might be the backside of the umbrella pic?

3 mannequins, either destroy or the ones standing?

4 cockroaches in the pot?

5 ??? boxes maybeperhaps

6 ???

7 voodoo dolls

PartyElectrify

Neo Member
Does anyone know what those weird "clicks" are? I just tried picking up the phone twice after the phonecall, the second time I did it I heard a click sound, like a switch or something

Top Bottom