• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Beast Fighter Dancougar - 01

This so.. glorious. Screw all CG mech show for this season, I'm watching my backlog oldie mech show.
Shinobu and Shapiro are such a engaging rival that I don't see in long time, Stealing your antagonist GF in opening episode? man 80's were such a awesome era.

And you can't tell me this ending song wasn't greatest thing ever.
Yeah definitely watch Plus after, watch the OVAs first and the Movie later, I think I prefer the Movie though it seems more people like the OVAs.

I think Plus is argubly Kanno's best score as well.

Ignore 2, not canon, ignore 7 if you have a large backlog, not worth it lol.
Aw yiss, I'm gonna watch plus when the BD-Box out.

I'll just follow 7 from SRW.

Kurita

http://natalie.mu/music/news/87669

So, remember when I mentioned that there would be 4 different versions of the Aku no Hana OP, with 3 mystery vocalists? Looks like they announced it all finally. Each of the different versions are themed to one of the main characters, with the fourth one being themed to the city itself. The lyrics will be different as well, but I think they're supposed to sort of create one full single together. Anyway... here it is.

"Aku no Hana -Takao Kasuga-" Vocal: Noko (from Shinsei Kamattechan)
"Aku no Hana -Sawa Nakamura-" Vocal: Mariko Goto
"Aku no Hana -Nanako Saeki-" Vocal: Shiho Nanba
"Aku no Hana -Kiryu City in Gunma-" Vocal: Asako Shinosaki (from Uchuujin)

Aside from Shinosaki, who I looked up when they first announced she was producing the OP theme, I have no fucking idea who the other vocalists are, so anyway I went on Youtube to pull some links to some of their songs. Yeah... erm... this sure is going to be special! Lol. Enjoy.

Noko: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzpE6d3c7PY
Mariko Goto: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1xOtdT0sxw
Shiho Nanba: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJf6EB59tq4
Asako Shinosaki: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuYcl_O8_6o

Oh shit, a member from Shinsei Kamattechan?
Welp, this is interesting, didn't expect this.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Accel World is a similar Nerd Power Male Fantasy, but at least its protagonist isn't oblivious to that fact. Plus, he actually has an actual arc.

No, no. It's a NERD power fantasy anime. That's the appeal. Kirito isn't a man, he is a nerd that is only good for playing videogames. Sadlife justification anime.
Sounds like just another form of male power fantasy. Just with less jock and more nerd.

And the reason it is a problem sounds about the same, anyway. I cannot see how either of these power fantasies are any less or more justified.

Higurashi s2 e24 fin

I'm glad it had a happy ending. Major Takano was evil, but I grew sympathy for her, she just wanted to prove her grandfathers research...

higurashi10rvy16.png

I had a complete U turn on this show. I consider season 1 to be the worst thing I watched.

7/10 (s1 2/10)

GAF: whats wrong with this guy! I know right? :p

7Th

Sounds like just another form of male power fantasy. Just with less jock and more nerd.

And the reason it is a problem sounds about the same, anyway.

SAO's "sadlife justification" is worse than the usual male power fantasy. There is a reason firehawk singles it out from the hundreds of male power fantasy shows that come out every year.

SAO's "sadlife justification" is worse than the usual male power fantasy.
I guess I just don't see it. I also haven't seen the anime so I don't %100 know what you're talking about.

Though I am suspect of the words "sadlife justification". What is a "sadlife", and why is it unjustified?

Westlo

I guess I just don't see it. I also haven't seen the anime so I don't %100 know what you're talking about.

Though I am suspect of the words "sadlife justification". What is a "sadlife", and why is it unjustified?

Only one way to find out, watch it yourself! And after you've seen the horrors it has you too can be a voice speaking out against it.

From what I understand, it's decent to OK for the first 10-12 episodes or so, then it decided to become a story about incest.

I seriously dislike this ..
And i'm talking about those who speak "incest" in sao .. there was never any incest in this anime, just a simple one sided love that i had no chance in hell to work because the character was already taken ... it just show how people made things blow out of proportions regarding SAo regardless of the other shortcomings the anime had.

There was NO incest in SAO ..never was , never will .. all you had was a girl with a hard time to communicate with her close familly.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Don't follow the darkside, next its gonna tell you to watch Ro-kyu-bu

That kind of fucking shit logic would indicate that I'd recommend the show that involves little kids having sex because of chimpanzees. Or whatever the hell it was.

Christ I remember why I hate posting in this place to begin with.

cajunator

Banned
The halfway point was a good stopping point, I would have had a less negative view on the series overall had I stopped there, second half was just on a higher level of pure insulting shit from beginning to end.

I would probably think even worse of it if I continued past 15. I only know of the gifs though. I couldn't face it myself.

The author of Working has another manga being made into an anime. Servant X Service is a workplace comedy that takes place in a Health and Welfare office. It's coming out in July.

Here is the voice cast so far revealed.
Ai Kayano
Mai Nakahara
Aki Toyosaki

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...thors-servant-x-service-slated-for-july-anime

This looks like a funny idea and the main girl character is kind of :cajun

we are all gonna watch Oreimo 2, right?

Its not just me, right?

Sure. I'm all in for more Kuroneko.

So it's a male power fantasy anime?

Yuck.

Yes it is. I think that's one reason I didn't like it.
I don't self insert into anime shows. I don't identify with blank slate characters in that way.

Shergal

[Welcome to The Space Show]

This is undeniably showy film, a veritable feast for the eyes, from the animation, down to the sheer variety it offers in its settings. With so much going on, it’s difficult to become bored, but therein lays its problem. It is seemingly so intent at offering a little of everything, that there's a distinct possibility, that the stuff you do like, will only ever be fleeting.

It didn’t really need several simultaneous plots, either, because the central conceit of the journey through space was perfectly serviceable, and something which I would have (and had) been content to watch. It instead threatens to undo all of its momentum by introducing a needlessly convoluted subplot, which although not offensive, just makes for a frantic finale.

It was an charming film, which had great visuals, an endearing cast, and I certainly felt satisfied with the time I spent with it. I just wish that it had a more cohesive narrative, on which it could hang all that obvious quality. If you want an unassuming feel good film, one with more than a little of a Ghibli-esque vibe about it (I know, but its true), then I’d recommend it.

And with all that said, it’s odd to remain so conflicted about Welcome to The Space Show. I guess it’s just all that latent potential, I can easily acknowledge that it’s good, though I can’t shake the feeling that I should be calling it great.

I really liked this film, even with all its flaws. It seems to be a widespread opinion too; I've seen many people state something along these lines. I think there's a sort of charm in what Space Show is trying to achieve, even if it doesn't fully succeed.

Also I always got the feeling of a 2D Pixar movie from it. Maybe it's due to the child cast, the wacky space setting full of strange stuff, and the animal sidekick.

Taruranto

Higurashi s2 e24 fin

I'm glad it had a happy ending. Major Takano was evil, but I grew sympathy for her, she just wanted to prove her grandfathers research...

I had a complete U turn on this show. I consider season 1 to be the worst thing I watched.

7/10 (s1 2/10)

GAF: whats wrong with this guy! I know right? :p

Just so you know, what you watched isn't Higurashi, it's Higurashi DEEN version.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 12 END

Well that was hardly an ending. If the cliche of OP playing at the end of the episode didn't happen I probably would have expected another episode.

I enjoyed this series for the interesting concept of developing a country both agriculturally and technologically, via war and other means. The characters also played a big part, as all of them added more comic relief than I expected in this sort of show, definitely present even in the first episode. I would love to see a season 2 of this as the ending more than implies it, but I'm also pretty sure nobody is buying this so RIP Demon Korbo.

Maoyuu 12

Well that was a non-ending. And we'll never see a sequel either. Oh well, this show was such a disappointment. Remember the Spice and Wolf comparisons? Hah.

Well, yes, let's agree that Seitokai Yakuindomo was the best of these types of shows. lol

Ichizon's humour ranged for situational to meta, so in that respect it was much broader than just cute girls being cute and a boy being non-plussed over and over again. But yeah, the character drama was really weird... especially since you get the impression that once they solved the gimmick of why the guy wants a harem, they really had no idea how to resolve it other than by getting rid of all the female characters at the end of the series.

I want to say that it could have worked, but it was never really strong enough in either front to make it all that meaningful.

SYD really isn't the same kind of show as Ichizon, though. I mean, it's a pure comedy series, while Ichizon is also a harem show. Sure Seitokai Yakuindomo has one guy and a bunch of girls, but there's no harem there, and that's what distinguishes it from those others... that and that it's actually funny, and actually good. Yeah, what little I watched of Ichizon was so, so bad... bad, harem-junk garbage, with a brain-dead idiot for a female lead, a main guy who does all the work just so the girls won't have to actually do anything, etc. That stuff is unbearably sexist. I haven't watched GJ-bu, but if it's more Ichizon than SYD, I don't know that I want to.

What if I told you that I actually owned that game?
and that I've never played it so I don't know if it's bad or not

I would actually recommend 5D's if you at least liked the original Duel Monsters. Granted, I don't know how it is after episode 50 or so because (spoilz)
they killed off my waifu. TWICE. and I ragequit years ago
but the couple of seasons I watched were an entertaining mix of dystopian futurism, ancient conspiracy, and good old card games on motorcycles. It's more serious than GX and (presumably) ZeXal.
There are lots of games I own but haven't played, but that isn't one of them. If I did get the game, I would at least try it... but I do like that genre a lot.

Whats the difference?

edit Seems all Higurashi anime is made by Studio Deen so what do you mean?

They just mean that the Vns are much much better and deen version had some shortcomings

there ar eplenty of things that make much much more sense in the vns that deen could have used more properly ... they didn't

Theonik

Girls und Panzer Special 03
iRYeZ5TaxKefz.png

Dat scale
:lewd :SDBurton :Cuilan
So they finally explain the academy ships and they are as crazy and revisionist history like as everyone expected. Kinda telling what sort of world GuP is set on.
I like the whole "We saved the economy by making people build huge ships. I guess tankery is the same as it's a huge industry booster probably/
Also
hotspring episode in disguise!
Seriosuly though if the
Ships are staffed by the ship studies and engineering students what does the staff do? That must look terrific on their resumes regardless. Engineering masterace confirmed in GuPiverse.

Momo's momos fluctuate wildly in size throughout the series. And Yukari in a backwards baseball cap is still the most lovely thing.

Also everyone but ponytail has flat butts, disappointing!
Yes yes they do. Yes yes it is. Yes yes they are.
*nod nod*
There is also a couple of things I didn't mention for spoilers and such. Everyone should watch this!

SYD really isn't the same kind of show as Ichizon, though. I mean, it's a pure comedy series, while Ichizon is also a harem show. Sure Seitokai Yakuindomo has one guy and a bunch of girls, but there's no harem there, and that's what distinguishes it from those others... that and that it's actually funny, and actually good. Yeah, what little I watched of Ichizon was so, so bad... bad, harem-junk garbage, with a brain-dead idiot for a female lead, a main guy who does all the work just so the girls won't have to actually do anything, etc. I haven't watched GJ-bu, but if it's more Ichizon than SYD, I don't know that I want to.

GJ-bu is both similar and (thankfully) different to Ichizon. Kyoro is sort of spineless and is the butt of the joke for everything, but he's in no way seeking a harem in the club which makes him more likable than some other main characters. And the comedy plays more on how goofy the characters can be instead of "HEY WE'RE MAKING AN ANIME REFERENCE LOOK AT US".

Also, SYD is usually only compared to Ichizon because it involves a student council and not really the content of the show. SYD will always be the better show even if people absolutely hate the toilet humor.

Kazzy

I really liked this film, even with all its flaws. It seems to be a widespread opinion too; I've seen many people state something along these lines. I think there's a sort of charm in what Space Show is trying to achieve, even if it doesn't fully succeed.

Also I always got the feeling of a 2D Pixar movie from it. Maybe it's due to the child cast, the wacky space setting full of strange stuff, and the animal sidekick.

Yeah, I do think that it achieves that broad appeal that you'd generally associate with them. And to say that it's evocative of that style, isn't to belittle it, because I mean that as a compliment.

Metrotab

Banned
Yes! My Easter break has finally started! Planning on watching both Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (that's a hard anime title to spell) and GJ-bu during the next two weeks.

Also excited for OreImo S2 starting soon. Can't wait for the waifu wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom