• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

You reckon the manga will end in a years time? Seemed like it had a lot left in the tank last time I stopped reading it to let some more chapters build up (the descent into Magnostadt).

Only having 62 chapters to adapt sounds like a recipe for Yoshino to add some awesome filler to me.

Yes I really feel the manga is being rushed to end based on the lat few chapters. Others disagree, but we'll see who's right in the end!

There won't be "only 62 chapters", because by the time the anime starts airing in October, they should already have 80-90 chapters, and more each week as it airs. Since the publisher and the mangaka are working closely with the anime production, I'm sure they know what's going to happen before it's even printed. Similar to FMA:Brotherhood.

Dude, there's no way the manga's ending in a years time.

I'm so convinced of this that I'm willing to bet on it. AVATAR BET TO THE MAX?!

wonzo

Banned
I'm so convinced of this that I'm willing to bet on it. AVATAR BET TO THE MAX?!
gambling is for chumps and the delusional. no thx

magi134.png

Westlo

I just read a review of the manga and saw this line

Probably not gonna be watching it then.

lmao

also the mal description in the manga section.

Utsutsu and Yume Hasegawa have been living all on their own. One day, Yume sees red butterflies and something strange happens to her body!! As the siblings are toyed with by “Pupa,” so begins their tale of heroic love...

The courage to tell a tale of heroic love!

Westlo

Honestly expecting Titans to get the Ao no Exorcist treatment more so than Magi. The property is popular enough to get a reboot down the line like Brotherhood anyway.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Honestly expecting Titans to get the Ao no Exorcist treatment more so than Magi. The property is popular enough to get a reboot down the line like Brotherhood anyway.

For the uninformed, what does getting the Ao No Exorcist treatment mean?

I'm burnt out on Higurashi... Kai was great. Rei was cool because I love the characters and I didn't expect more Higurashi. Kira was pushing it, and now I don't really feel excited for more.

Lol, if you think about it, it's been almost 7 years since the first Higurashi.

Tell me about it, I watched most of it in a week. Kira felt unnecessary, it didn't brought anything new or opened new paths for the show, Outbreak looks like a retelling of the first season.

BluWacky

Speaking of Brotherhood, I'm taking a positive view on Titan's "anime original" content. Maybe it's not popular to say any more but I loved where the original FMA anime went after it spun off into its own thing, and I would hope that Titan would be similarly entertaining.

I know very, very little about Titan beyond the premise (and would like to keep it that way) so whatever the anime does I won't have any preconceptions about it.

That doesn't mean it can't end up being rubbish, obviously - I had no preconceptions about Magi, and that became rather boring rather quickly for me - but I am staying positive!

Dresden

Well, Blue Exorcist's 'shitty filler' was better than the manga, despite whatever the fanboys might say.

The problem with Titan's manga is that it's actually good, though. And the people involved in adapting it . . .

duckroll

I think it would be more useful to look at the other adaptations Araki has directed to get a sense of how this adaptation might go:

Death Note
Highschool of the Dead
Kurozuka

About to watch Wolf Children, I know many in here liked and its by the same director who did The Girl Who leapt through time. Can't disappoint right?

Pooya

magi season 2? that was fast, is it safe to assume A1 will get SAO out this fall too? it's probably high up on their to-do list.

all the good shows from 2012 seem to be returning this Fall.

Conan-san

magi season 2? that was fast, is it safe to assume A1 will get SAO out this fall too? it's probably high up on their to-do list.

Yeah, thay'd be dumb to leave Fairy Dance as the last animated SAO thing for too long.

Defuser

SAO2 : Electric boogaloo. Another few more months of downward spiral SAO arguing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
AKB0048

kDUleO4.jpg

Oh sweet Jesus, it's Jesus making a cameo appearance on this Easter Sunday morn. But you don't have to be omniscient to know how good this show is.

Truly the holy grail of anime. If you haven't watched it you haven't lived. One could argue all of mankind's achievements have been making way for this day.

Westlo

Its mean "better treatment than magi" actually.

But Westlo, PIG not making good anime anymore!

Save us based Araki?

I think it would be more useful to look at the other adaptations Araki has directed to get a sense of how this adaptation might go:

Death Note
Highschool of the Dead
Kurozuka

Faithful full adaptation
Faithful adaptation that probably won't get continued since the manga goes on hiatus more than Hunter X Hunter.
Changed up from the manga a bit but the manga was pretty shit anyway.

What about F/Z stuff? I assume they only showed one episode. Any responses or anything like that?

I guess one could look for cam footage of the dub, the initial trailer already highlighted most of the voices and we already had the full cast list...

Magi - Episode 25 (End)

That was a terrible way to adapt the end of the Zagan arc, but it's par for course as far as Magi goes. Awful adaptation, dodgy direction, etc. But at least the final two episodes here have tons of fanservice for the manga readers in terms of seeing crazy action and cool shit animated rather well. In the end it's still shit. BUT WAIT, IT'S NOT OVER!

MAGI SEASON 2 COMING FALL 2013!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Wait seriously? Another 26 episodes with hopefully more Judar, Alibaba, and Ren Hakuryu is just the news I was hoping for. I hope everyone receives significant power boosts.

Defuser

Minami-ke Tadaima FINAL
Man, Hosaka got fucked over again lol, Hayami is such bitch.

Studio Feel taking over did this series justice. Solid show till the end.

1 > 4 > 3 > 2

Perhaps if
Accel World 2
Horizon III
SAO 2
Phi Brain 3
Magi 2
New Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
Soul Eater remake
JJBA 2

Then fall would have tons of returning good shows

Westlo

soul eater remake is a bit random dtl, manga is still ongoing anyway and yeah it would def need to be a remake lol.

I mean lol @ killing off
medusa
in the anime compared to what happened in the manga.

DiGiKerot

Perhaps if
Accel World 2
Horizon III

SAO 2
Phi Brain 3
Magi 2
New Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
Soul Eater remake

Then fall would have tons of returning good shows

I get the feeling Love Live season 2 will be announced before Sunrise 8 jump on either of those. Like, announced a few hours from after the end of the first season degrees of before.

Metrotab

Banned
Samurai Champloo - 9

I think it's reasonable to assume that when old records talk about herbs which bring ecstasy or peace they're pretty much talking about drugs.

Westlo

I get the feeling Love Live season 2 will be announced before Sunrise 8 jump on either of those. Like, announced a few hours from after the end of the first season degrees of before.

I still think Horizon will end up the better seller, Love Live Vol 1 did have an event ticket, I'm expecting a drop, just a question of whether it's a Magi like off the cliff drop or a expected and reasonable one like Jojo.

I expect OreShura to fall off a cliff too without an event ticket.

fertygo

Love Live does seem like planned split cour show from the start, the announcement of s2 would be fully expected after the last episode tonight.

duckroll

AKB0048 - Episode 26 (End)

This was such a stupid ending I refuse to comment further on it. What a disappointment. :p

----

Love Live does seem like planned split cour show from the start, the announcement of s2 would be fully expected after the last episode tonight.

Isn't Gargantia taking over the time slot? We know Gargantia is 1-cour, so that's entirely possible.

Magi - Episode 25 (End)

That was a terrible way to adapt the end of the Zagan arc, but it's par for course as far as Magi goes. Awful adaptation, dodgy direction, etc. But at least the final two episodes here have tons of fanservice for the manga readers in terms of seeing crazy action and cool shit animated rather well. In the end it's still shit. BUT WAIT, IT'S NOT OVER!

MAGI SEASON 2 COMING FALL 2013!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

WHAT.. i don't think they have that much manga to animate for another 25 ep set especially if they rush it like before.

One day maybe we'll get a magi "brotherhood" that will have a better pacing and will follow the manga events properly ..

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
AKB0048 - Episode 26 (End)

Ride is over. Lot of dumb, but I knew what I signed up for. I had fun with it.
I'm not sure what to make of the ending besides it being entertainment.

Westlo

WHAT.. i don't think they have that much manga to animate for another 25 ep set especially if they rush it like before.

One day maybe we'll get a magi "brotherhood" that will have a better pacing and will follow the manga events properly ..

Dude why you worried? Yoshino will handle any things that need to be filled, he's a manga writer himself so don't be worried at all.

-Minsc-

GTO 39

So Yoshikawa proves he's a man, gets to feel up Anko, and apparently she also falls in love with him. As an added bonus, they find the treasure, inasmuch as valuable Christian relics from the goodness knows when period are treasure (fun fact, the Japanese word for Christ is Portuguese in origin because Portuguese missionaries were the first Christian missionaries into Japan.) They also manage to destroy all these artifacts as well as a nifty cross carved into the wall of the cave (the so called golden cross, which when lit with sunlight would well have appeared to be gold.) by exploding an unexploded bomb, presumably from WWII.

Meanwhile, Onizuka is dressed up in some bondage gear, calling Kanzaki's tastes into serious question.

A little manga-anime comparison:

If my memory serves me right,
Onizuka was never present with Yoshikawa and Anko in the cave. Not sure why they added him there in the anime. The bomb certainly didn't exist.

One of the liked about GTO was the development of the "asshole" characters. Much of the time you come to understanding why they became the way were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom