• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minami-ke Tadaima - end

It's a total shame it ended.

Let me tell you a secret : minami-ke is a amazing comedy.
Minami-ke%20Tadaima%20-%2013.jpg

This 4th season was more of the same of the third in term of comedy
and i can't wait for us to get a 5th season !

I'm actually watching the 3rd season of Minami-ke now. The art and animation is a mess, but the comedy has bounced back from the 2nd season. It's good to hear season 4 has been received well.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 30: Lost Things

~ Prince Lohengramm won't open his heart to anyone other than to the dead? ~

With the warp test completed succesfully, the Iserlohn plan has no barriers left. It seems Mittermeyer, von Reuental and Hildegard are all upset by Reinhard's new unbridled ambition for galactic domination since the demise of Kircheis.
Meanwhile, Yang is getting called away from the front for an 'inquiry'. I have no doubt this inquiry will prove problematic.
I'm curious to see what the Landesherr's plan exactly entails. Is it going to work, or will Premier Reinhard somehow find out about it before?
And this is the first time the spotlight is on Admiral Mecklinger. Seems he is the modern embodiment of the uomo universale.

Theonik

AKB0048 NEXT STAGE 13 (END)
iu2CYUCmRerKa.png
icCYHCNcRGt8h.png
ibnE8AaEyDkbog.png

:fakerussian :loveandfriendship :lol
Oh lawd. That was certainly something. Not sure how the Kawamori levels compare with his other works but this felt quite high.
I loved the part where they are about to kiss but then stop be cause you know idol chastity bullcrap lmao
This was fuckin' scary.
Kinda disappointing even though the crazy levels were high, need a movie to properly conclude it.

Kurita

A little manga-anime comparison:

If my memory serves me right,
Onizuka was never present with Yoshikawa and Anko in the cave. Not sure why they added him there in the anime. The bomb certainly didn't exist.

One of the liked about GTO was the development of the "asshole" characters. Much of the time you come to understanding why they became the way were.

Since we're talking about GTO, I'd love to see a spin-off following the anime's ending.

DiGiKerot

I still think Horizon will end up the better seller, Love Live Vol 1 did have an event ticket, I'm expecting a drop, just a question of whether it's a Magi like off the cliff drop or a expected and reasonable one like Jojo.

Probably, but I'd imagine that Love Live is a far less onerous production than Horizon is, and all the media-mix stuff for Love Live has been doing pretty dang well. Even if there's a big drop-off in sales between volumes, it's probably been worthwhile purely in CD sales.

Narag

Transformers 93

Want to go through the series proper sometime but realized this was on Netflix and that I should finally check out Call of the Primitives as Masami Obari was the animation director for it according to the Vanishing Trooper blog. Same old sort of story you'd expect but it looks nice as heck what with the better animation models, all sorts of Kanada style effects, and just decent television animation.

Same blog posted this comparison I'll pass on.

Predaking stock combination:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2ZNvt2X5ZCI

Predaking Obari-style:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g98Y43Ngm0w

Good stuff all told and I'm glad I came across that blog.

cajunator

Banned
Kamisama Dolls 01

I recently purchased this show having been curious about it as well as ABSOLUTELY LOVING the opening theme.

First impressions of this show are pretty positive. Kyohei left his village behind after a series of unusual past events. After attending something of a group date with friends in tokyo, he happens upon a mutilated corpse in the building. His younger sister, adorable little Utao, shows up with her Kakashi which is apparently a large wooden doll that she is able to control.
She brings word that an old foe named Aki has escaped from the village and is now wreaking havok. she suspects the guy who was killed was the work of Aki, who later actually confronts Kyohei and Utao in his apartment. After fending him off, Kyohei wishes to find out more about everything.
For a first episode in a short series, I like that it gets right to the point of everything and leaves you wanting more. Great first episode. The art is nothing special but it is nice to look at. Musically this show has some very interesting choices. Consider me well intrigued.

Syrinx

I think I remember cajun saying she never actually dressed like that on the show. Did I remember right? If so, what's the deal with the figure?

Second half on the show is shitty filler.

Well, the first half of the show seemed to be shitty filler from what I saw, too. Maybe it was in the manga (I never read it), but it was all a bunch of shitty episodes where nothing of consequence happened which felt like they were recycled from 20 other shows.

Dammit, I want to believe.

I know the adaptation is going to be shit, but I keep tricking myself into thinking it won't be.

That sure is some of the more shameless pandering I've seen. Creating a figure of a character wearing a sexually suggestive outfit that doesn't even appear on the show.

This happens with just about every popular character who has official artwork wearing something else. So yes, shameless pandering.

Westlo

Yes holy shit kallen indeed, someone get some pics up pronto.

I missed the SFXT final because of Easter. :mad:

Would you be able to let me know the timestamps for when SFxTK, SFIV and UMV3 start once the event is over? Heck maybe even the semi finals for those as well, as long as I can avoid spoilers they're still hype.

Anyway I'll pm you later if that's cool.

Got Geelong Vs Hawks to watch tomorrow as well as Heat vs Spurs, no time for Final Round!

cajunator

Banned
Yes holy shit kallen indeed, someone get some pics up pronto.

Would you be able to let me know the timestamps for when SFxTK, SFIV and UMV3 start once the event is over? Heck maybe even the semi finals for those as well, as long as I can avoid spoilers they're still hype.

Anyway I'll pm you later if that's cool.

Got Geelong Vs Hawks to watch tomorrow as well as Heat vs Spurs, no time for Final Round!

Your wish is my command

JJBA 25

Whoever penned this story really does make it border on being both utterly hilarious and intenese. The whole first portion to the enactment of the "plan" was way incredible and fun. Cars ftw. Loved how everything just continued to escalate and the visuals and effect filters and what not, even the colors corresponding to the direness of the situation or if the situation were good made it quite memorable.

However, I did almost just stop the episode and not finish it
When the pirahnas were chewing the plane and such and Speedwagon went on that long thing about how all the joestar family is cursed with short lives and then Joseph was like he'd just drive the plane into the volcano in a final suicide attempt. If he somehow dies and meets the same fate as Ceasar then Ill just give up on the franchise. Because this is just too much at times and I need some sort of happiness in the anime. Hopefully next week, they survive on the volcano and make it out alive.

People working on the show must be done and are just bored as adding the sound effects in the OP was amazing, the balls clinging to chime, the whoosh and such sound when Ceasar and Joseph was there on it and a bit more.

Detective Conan 167:
When they have great material to work with, they can really make this show excel. This was such a well executed episode. I just love the soundtrack for this show. It really helps at bringing the story to life. It's always fun seeing Conan and Heiji working together and trying to come to terms with the case.
Heiji panicking about Kazuha
lead to some great moments, and on a more comedic side, the show did a perfect job with the scene where Heiji asks her to take her clothes off.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Detective Conan 167:
When they have great material to work with, they can really make this show excel. This was such a well executed episode. I just love the soundtrack for this show. It really helps at bringing the story to life. It's always fun seeing Conan and Heiji working together and trying to come to terms with the case.
Heiji panicking about Kazuha
lead to some great moments, and on a more comedic side, the show did a perfect job with the scene where Heiji asks her to take her clothes off.

The show really can be great at moments, like with the ultimate team-up between
Akai Shuuichi
and Conan. That got me a lot more hyped than the manga version did.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Dokidoki 09:

so it's p. obvious at this point that Ai is the reborn Marie Ange. Same hair/eyes, angel wings, etc. It's shitty that she served yet again as a plothax bailout in battle and I hope that once she's ingrained herself comfortably into the plot like a botfly in human flesh, that this doesn't become a regular occurrence. Fresh's Precure Baseball battle was still better and it didn't require stat buffs.

And still, somehow the episode was okay in spite of it being a designated mascot episode. Like the previous episode, there was consistently on-model animation, great expressions, fun character interaction, and an unconventional fight. The show is really playing fast and loose with descending into self-parody and it knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom