• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of these days, Cajun. One of these days. BELIEVE.

That or Kyoani should make another mecha series.

There's no point to beg Fujimi Shobo for the rights to adapt it. The big push for Euphonium from KyoAni is merchandise. We're two months into the show and KyoAni has produced 78 pieces of merchandise for the show; way more than anything else at this point in scheduling. They wouldn't get the rights to produce scale mecha, so there's utterly no benefit to producing it other than a small amount of disc sales.

I'd beg Fujimi Shobo to produce it with staff at another studio; there's no business sense for it and your hope is futile.

Another mecha show is possible, but there's little motivation to do so. Of course Gundam and Eva are big names, but the market has shifted away from that and there's fewer good timeslots to promote that merchandise to a new audience. You're better off adapting character dramas than mecha at this point.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but reality has to be faced at some point. I believed in a third season of the Haruhi franchise for nearly 4 years, and it was hard to accept that it wasn't going to happen anytime. That was on a much huger scale than Full Metal Panic as well. Celebrate what you had, curse Tokyopop for screwing up the novel situation in English, and move forward.

cajunator

Banned
Oh right, also, Sound! Euphonium while has gotten better has not lived up to the hype.

How would it have lived up to hype? Like what could they do differently?

DNA2 1-2
Decided to watch some since it was recently added to crunchyroll. Wow at how stupid this is. Especially with the Mega-playboy powers turning him into a saiyan basically.

Wish someone would bring back Gatekeepers.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Another mecha show is possible, but there's little motivation to do so. Of course Gundam and Eva are big names, but the market has shifted away from that and there's fewer good timeslots to promote that merchandise to a new audience. You're better off adapting character dramas than mecha at this point.

The market is ripe for a serious take on the character drama mecha formula, in the vein of Infinite Stratos but with Quality™ writing.

Time to put our game faces on.

photo.jpg

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Oh hey, new thread!

Even without yuri bait, i'm still going to watch Hibike, because sensei is awesome and i want to see more of him.
Mad Max: Fury Road (not yet out in Japan)

Show is awesome. This show taking the best part from Road Warrior and thunderdoom, and applied modern cinema technique to it. And there's a dude rocking with a guitar that fire flamethrower on top of huge car equipped with huge ass amp. Great car chase, easy to understand plot, and boy, shit is craaaaaazy

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Also, I guess people have finally found that show to rally around for the season, well, for the moment.

Seraph of the End - 09

l072FD7.gif

Fisted
pERCZ33.png
fuck the cast give me her and shinoa against the world.
I bet Eren is going to junk up 5 of those power up pills and ofcourse be able to survive. Since stuff is actually happening in the last episodes I'm finding this to be more entertaining.

Background imagedump

There's no point to beg Fujimi Shobo for the rights to adapt it. The big push for Euphonium from KyoAni is merchandise. We're two months into the show and KyoAni has produced 78 pieces of merchandise for the show; way more than anything else at this point in scheduling. They wouldn't get the rights to produce scale mecha, so there's utterly no benefit to producing it other than a small amount of disc sales.

I'd beg Fujimi Shobo to produce it with staff at another studio; there's no business sense for it and your hope is futile.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but reality has to be faced at some point. I believed in a third season of the Haruhi franchise for nearly 4 years, and it was hard to accept that it wasn't going to happen anytime. That was on a much huger scale than Full Metal Panic as well. Celebrate what you had, curse Tokyopop for screwing up the novel situation in English, and move forward.

As true and harsh as this is, part of me still wants to hold out hope. But yeah, I guess you have a point.

At least there's always the manga.

Tetsujin-28 go (2004) 9-11

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE WATCHING EUPHONIUM WHEN YOU COULD BE WATCHING THIS.

It's so very mediocre and by the numbers that it is boring to watch. Just check out the background image dumps instead.

It's not great, but it works if you like nice backgrounds and a smug companion with the occasional good bits

It's not a good show.

I am thoroughly enjoying it to be honest, and no pretty boy goggles here. Now on the other hand, let me tell you all about this girl:

Avoided then

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
As true and harsh as this is, part of me still wants to hold out hope. But yeah, I guess you have a point.

At least there's always the manga.

Tetsujin-28 go (2004) 9-11

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE WATCHING EUPHONIUM WHEN YOU COULD BE WATCHING THIS.

I needed a show to replace Triage X.

Despera

Banned
Not watching but Arise might very well be the best anime airing this season !
Only watched the first two Arise OVA releases, which aren't anything to write home about. I hope what you say is true though as I plan on watching the rest of the OVA + tv series.

Whenever I see futuristic jets I think of the long forgotten anime Yukikaze.

I've actually heard of that one recently. Is it any good?

why wont bandainamco give me an AC:Zero HD remaster WHY WHY WHY

They're still sucking people's wallet's dry in Ace Combat Infinity. There is apparently something happening for the series' 20th anniversary though. I'm hoping for an Ace Combat 3 remake myself!

I've only payed for the campaign so they've barely gotten any money out of me from Infinity.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Learning what dramatic tension is would be a good start.

Serious?

The mountain walk is one of the best scenes in modern anime, up there with Benten flying through the trees.

cajunator

Banned
I've actually heard of that one recently. Is it any good?

They're still sucking people's wallet's dry in Ace Combat Infinity. There is apparently something happening for the series' 20th anniversary though. I'm hoping for an Ace Combat 3 remake myself!

I've only payed for the campaign so they've barely gotten any money out of me from Infinity.

Its not that great really but its something obscure if somebody wants to watch a show out of the limelight.
its your typical high tech sentient jets fight an alien menace to save Earth kind of thing. Very heavy on early cg.

VRMN

DanMachi I skipped because of the stupid name.

The sad thing is it's probable that the author just wanted to go with "Familia Myth" as the title but was basically forced to go with the LN dreck title because that's what sells now, depressingly.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Serious?

The mountain walk is one of the best scenes in modern anime, up there with Benten flying through the trees.

Yes, I am serious and also for the record that was romantic tension I am talking about the half-baked sports underdog story that you probably already forgotten about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom