• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
This has been happening frequently enough lately that I just wanted to throw out a friendly reminder: solicitation, discussion, and linking of pirated material is prohibited. This includes illegal streams, torrents, aggregators, fansub & sub group discussion, links to websites containing entire anime soundtrack albums magically for free, etc. Use common sense here. Discussion of legal, ethical, and economic implications of piracy is okay.

Basically, the section on piracy & copyrighted material in the Terms of Service applies here to anime as well.

D. Emulation/Piracy

The topics of emulation and piracy in the context of the technical nature of emulators and ROM images, hardware modification technology, as well as their effect on the industry as a political topic are deemed to be generally acceptable.

Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get pirated software to work, reviews or impressions of pirated software, and livestreams of pirated software play are all strictly prohibited.

Full Spring Schedule

Simulcast Schedule
Simulcast Time Converter (Listed times are PDT/EDT)
Monday
  • Diamond no Ace: Second Season - CR - 3:30am/6:30am
  • Kaitou Joker 2nd Season - CR - 10:00am/1:00pm
  • Teekyuu 4 - CR - 10:30am/1:30pm
  • Takamiya Nasuno Desu!: Teekyuu Spin-off - CR - 10:32am/1:32pm
Tuesday
  • Hibike! Euphonium - CR - 10:00am/1:00pm
  • Mikagura School Suite - FN - 1:35pm/4:35pm
Wednesday
  • Kyoukai no Rinne - CR - 12:00am/3:00am
  • Gintama° - CR - 3:30am/6:30am
  • Triage X - CR - 10:30am/1:30pm
  • Ore Monogatari!! - CR - 12:00pm/3:00pm
  • Wish Upon the Pleiades - CR - 12:15pm/3:15pm
  • Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Alternative Architecture - FN - 4:30pm/7:30pm
Thursday
  • Ninja Slayer - FN - 7:00am/10:00am
  • Etotama - CR - 8:30am/11:30am
  • Urawa no Usagi-chan - CR - 10:30am/1:30pm
  • Punchline - CR - 11:30am/2:30pm
  • I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying - CR - 11:30am/2:30pm
Friday
  • Saint Seiya - Soul of Gold - CR - 8:00am/11:00am
  • Nisekoi: - CR - 10:00am/1:00pm
  • Is It Wrong to Try and Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? - CR - 10:30am/1:30pm
  • Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu - FN - 11:10am/2:10pm
  • Shokugeki no Soma - CR - 12:25pm/3:25pm
  • Future Card Buddyfight Hundred - CR - 4:30pm/7:30pm
  • Re-Kan! - CR - 10:30pm/1:30am(Sat.)
  • My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO! - CR - 10:30pm/1:30am(Sat.)
Saturday
  • Denpa Kyoushi - FN - 4:00am/7:00am
  • Owari no Seraph (Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign) - FN - 7:00am/10:00am
  • High School DxD BorN - FN - 10:00am/1:00pm
  • Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation - CR - 10:00am/1:00pm
  • Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - CR - 10:30am/1:30pm
  • Utano☆Princesama Revolutions - CR - 10:30am/1:30pm
  • Plastic Memories - CR - 11:00am/2:00pm
  • Kekkai Sensen(Blood Blockade Battlefront) - FN - 11:28am/2:28pm
  • Tesagure! 3 - CR - 12:30pm/3:30pm
Sunday
  • Arslan Senki (The Heroic Legend of Arslan) - FN - 2:00am/5:00am
  • Baby Steps 2nd Season - CR - 3:00am/6:00am
  • Show By Rock - FN - 7:00am/10:00pm
  • Rainy Cocoa - FN - 8:30am/11:30pm
  • Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches - CR - 9:30am/12:30pm
  • Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic - CR - 9:30am/12:30pm
  • Grisaia no Rakuen (The Eden of Grisaia) - CR - 10:00am/1:30pm
  • Grisaia no Meikyuu (The Labyrinth of Grisaia) - CR - 12:35pm/3:35pm

Legend:
Show - Streamer - Time(PST/EST)
CR - Crunchyroll
FN - Funimation
DS - Daisuki
HL - Hulu
YT - YouTube

Regional Streaming Restriction May Apply

Continuing Shows - Winter(Etc.)
  • Naruto Shippuden - CR - Thur. 4:00am/7:00am
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - CR - Fri. 9:30am/12:30pm
  • Ansatsu Kyoushitsu - FN - Fri. 10:25am/1:25pm
  • Fairy Tail - CR - Fri 7:00pm/10:00pm
  • Sailor Moon Crystal - CR - Sat. 3:00am/6:00am
  • Kuroko no Basket 3 - CR - Sat. 11:30am/2:30pm
  • World Trigger - CR - Sat. 3:30pm/6:30pm
  • One Piece - CR - Sat. 7:00pm/10:00pm
  • Cardfight!! Vanguard G - CR - Sat. 7:00pm/10:00pm
  • Tribe Cool Crew - CR - Sun. 3:00pm/6:00pm
  • Pankis! 2-jigen - N/A

Individual OTs

Highlights

Hibike! Euphonium
MljOtVb.jpg

| Kyoto Animation | Original | PV1 | PV2 |

Nisekoi:
SnxrcDj.jpg

| Shaft | Sequel | CM1 | PV1 |

Ninja Slayer
r1xvUfv.png

| TRIGGER | Graphic Novel | PV1 | PV2 |

Shokugeki no Souma
ePAMP1c.jpg

| J.C.Staff | Manga | PV1 | PV2 |

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season
fd6f801d77097e20eb5ffb9232de14d01430173031_full.jpg

| Ufotable | Sequel | PV1 | PV2 |

Gintama°
Z02Ettd.jpg

| Sunrise | Sequel | PV1 | PV2 |

Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu
ims11ME.png

| Satelight | Manga | PV1 |

Kyoukai no Rinne
rbvFPLW.jpg

| Brains Base | Manga | PV1 |

Ore Monogatari!!
5RT3c2X.jpg

| Madhouse | Manga | PV1 | PV2 |

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
vDIGAz0.png

| J.C.Staff | Light Novel | PV1 | PV2 |

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

TUSR

Banned
ANIME RECOMMENDATIONS - (Thanks to Jexhius)
Considering that I did a whole lot of talking about preserving valuable discussions about anime on this forum I thought that I better go out of my way to actually do something about it. To that end, I've updated my "List of Anime Recommendation Threads" from being kind of a sarcastic info dump into a useful tool for newcomers. Here is the revised list:

NeoGAF Top Anime Voting Threads

Threads which highlight anime from a particular time period or genre

Requests for anime from a particular time period

Recommendations for people new to anime / getting back into anime

Recommendations for anime films

Mecha Anime

Recommendations for Sports Anime

Recommendations for Streaming Anime

Dubbed Anime

Recommendations for Fighting/Action Anime

Very specific anime recommendation requests

Recommendations for ‘The Best’ Anime

Generic Recommendation Threads

Pooya

I've been successfully avoiding this season till now... I guess might as well watch Euriphonium now...

It really makes me incredibly pleased to see the reaction to Euphonium not only here, but elsewhere. After finishing the first novel, my immediate thought was "this is going to be a series that a lot of people will enjoy and it'll surprise everyone." I worked hard to promote it and get it on the watch list of as many people as I could so that it would spread much further once people started watching it.

To see the title of this season's threads go from "The Disappearance of KyoAni" to "The Disappearance of YEART!" in about a week into the season and then to have the title of the second thread be about the show thrills me more than I could ever put into words. I knew it would be a good show and entertain people at a level higher than what it was being promoted as, but I didn't know if there'd be enough interest to look beyond the "K-On!"esque promotion to see how good of a series it was.

Despite the final pages in the last thread getting into a bit of a quarrel, I hope everyone can get back into enjoying the show for what it's going to give us and not fear for possibilities we cannot predict. The auditions happen this week and there's likely going to be some upset people in the band. Let's see what happens musically before going elsewhere.

(Still no staff listing for eps 10-12/13)

lonely

It's a shame Euphonium has to go up against Oregairu S2 otherwise it would probably be my favourite series this season.

Seraph of the End Episode 9

Pretty epic action all those explosions and helicopters and swift Yoichi action. Definitely an awesome to start a Vampire Attack.

And Mika
CGQl84-XIAABmRJ.jpg

Emotional backstory scene made me tear up to see him try to resist so much.

cajunator

Banned
I'm going to watch Euphonium. I didn't watch it all season because I thought it would suck.

You should. Its quite impressive!

^The top three posters could be combined into a delicious meal

Cajun styled Prime Ribs with Cornbread

incredibly fitting for the season. Should be a soma dish!

It really makes me incredibly pleased to see the reaction to Euphonium not only here, but elsewhere. After finishing the first novel, my immediate thought was "this is going to be a series that a lot of people will enjoy and it'll surprise everyone." I worked hard to promote it and get it on the watch list of as many people as I could so that it would spread much further once people started watching it.

To see the title of this season's threads go from "The Disappearance of KyoAni" to "The Disappearance of YEART!" in about a week into the season and then to have the title of the second thread be about the show thrills me more than I could ever put into words. I knew it would be a good show and entertain people at a level higher than what it was being promoted as, but I didn't know if there'd be enough interest to look beyond the "K-On!"esque promotion to see how good of a series it was.

Despite the final pages in the last thread getting into a bit of a quarrel, I hope everyone can get back into enjoying the show for what it's going to give us and not fear for possibilities we cannot predict. The auditions happen this week and there's likely going to be some upset people in the band. Let's see what happens musically before going elsewhere.

(Still no staff listing for eps 10-12/13)

Its worthy of praise. Definitely one of KyoAnis best efforts. Perhaps ever.

Still waiting for KyoAni to adapt the rest of Full Metal Panic!

I mean, it's gonna be in the next Super Robot Wars, so it'd be a better time than ever to do it after Euphonium.

javac

All my Reviews from the previous thread, for posterity's sake:
--------

Macross: Do You Remember Love? Review (1984 Movie) Link

Summary: Do You Remember Love is a movie adaptation of the phenomenal 1982 Super Dimension Fortress Macross series, with the movie being released back in summer of 1984 to a huge marketing campaign. The film is without a doubt a defining pillar of anime, one that set the stage for things to come with its foundations still being used today. From the phenomenal soundtrack to the awe-inspiring visuals, Do You Remember Love is without a doubt an all-time classic and a must watch for anyone who has a love for animation and all things anime.

In the end it’s plain as day that I’m head over heels for DYRL. Macross is without a doubt one of my favourite TV series of all time, and DYRL is a love letter to that series. Many things are skipped and changed but that’s fine because the changes they made were the right ones for the format. Instead of cramming everything into barley 2 hour film down from a 16 hour series, the story has been reconstructed in a way that makes sense for the time that they have. The reoccurring music is a delight to hear with the new visuals, and the new music being some of my favourites in the series. Like the TV series itself, DYRL is a happy, sad, emotional roller-coaster, one that I’m happy to ride on again and again and again. DYRL to put it simply is a 2 hour Macross Music video, beautifully choreographed and lovingly put together, a ride though memory lane. In the end, I remembered the love that I had for Macross, and got to experience it all over again.
10/10
----

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Flash Back 2012 - Review Link

Summary: Macross: Flash Back 2012 is essentially a collection of Macross Music videos, accumulating to a total run-time of 30 minutes and was released back in the year of 1987, a fair few years after the animated TV series had ended (1983) and after the 1984 theatrical release of the amazing film, Do You Remember Love. In fact, it was released in order to celebrate the fifth anniversary of the series.

In the end, I without a doubt recommend this to anybody who has seen the Macross TV series and Do You remember Love film. Not much new content is found here, but if you love Macross, this is a massive piece of fanservice that will have you smiling and reminiscing all over again. It features all of Minmays beautiful music, with both old and new scenes that are sure to take you back down memory lane, a flash back to the year of 2012.
9/10
-----

City Hunter 1: Review (TV Series, 51 Episodes, 1987) Link

Summary: City Hunter is a fantastic, hilarious, heartfelt show that not only hits all of the right notes; but it does so with flying colors and keeps its audience fully entertained from start to end as it twists and turns through some of the most hilarious and yet emotional scenarios in a show of this fashion to ever grace the medium. From the absolutely fantastic character designs by the man, the myth and the legend Tsukasa Hojo, to the gorgeous Soundtrack, City Hunter does everything within its power to make each and every episode memorable and each and every character lovable. You’ll laugh and you’ll most definitely shed some tears as you follow these characters throughout 51 impeccable episodes.

City Hunter is without a doubt a show that everybody should see, it’s on the longer side (51 Episodes) with 4 seasons in total bringing it to a total of 140+ episodes, and a few spin offs and films in the mix, so it’s a long trek, and one that even I feel that I’ve only just begun. The story goes on, and with it I too go on, eagerly awaiting the next episode, wanting to know what happens next, where the characters go and where they find themselves next has become a part of my daily routine. Whatever the case, City Hunter is one of the greatest shows I’ve had the pleasure of watching. It’s funny, genuinely so with an amazing cast of characters that you care for, with each episode reeling in a new story for you to enjoy, all wrapped up with a soundtrack that gets your blood flowing, and the smiles long, a show that’s pure, and upfront about its intentions. A show that’s aged with grace, with comedy as sharp and funny as ever, with each and every gag hitting all the right spots, you’ll find yourself entertained during the 21 hours of animation goodness. Drama, comedy, action, M&M’s and beautiful girls, it’s all here, in the city that never sleeps, with its watchful protector looking over as long as one beautiful girl still exists, ready to strike. At the end of it all, through thick and thin, with chance and luck, all I can truly say is, Mokkori!

10/10
-----

Gunsmith Cats: Review (1995, OVA) Link

Summary: Gunsmith Cats is a slick, cool and stylish OVA from the year 1995 and directed by Takeshi Mori (Otaku no Video). Its only 3 episodes so not much really happens on the outside, but truth be told there’s a lot of depth here in terms of attention to detail that both fans of cars, guns and comedy will thoroughly enjoy as you follow these two hilarious characters on their day to day lives as Gunsmiths.

In the end, Gunsmith Cats is a highly enjoyable OVA, which is both short and straight to the point. Don’t come here expecting loads of depth and character development, but watch the show for the level of detail and silky smooth animation and attractive character designs. Even so, don’t let the details get to you too much, this is a show that you can and should relax while watching, soaking in all of the environments. Gunsmith Cats is a very fun series that entertains and leaves a smile on your face unlike many shows of recent memory.

10/10

Oh right, also, Sound! Euphonium while has gotten better has not lived up to the hype.

But there was basically no hype going into it. It wasn't on my radar at least until some people I trust on here said the first episode was really good. For me the show kind of came out of left field.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
But there was basically no hype going into it. It wasn't on my radar at least until some people I trust on here said the first episode was really good. For me the show kind of came out of left field.

Kyoto Animation shows command a certain amount of hype just because of the studio. Though I will grant you I don't recall this one being hyped up like Free! was.

Yasumi

Banned
4MwFykI.png

All the cast coming back really brought the warm fuzzies, enough that it honestly elevates the show for me. Also, I think Michelle Ruff does a better Yuki+emotions than Chihara does. Looking forward to the rest of the series with additional Crispin Freeman.

Vito

Banned
Posting a disclaimer on piracy under a fullsized embeded scan of a Nyantype pinup is kinda hilarious to be honest.

Midonin

OreGairu Too 09

So can we stop with turning Hachiman into Batman now? Because that would be swell. I always felt like that was glorifying his antisocial behavior, and that never sat well with me. I also find it odd that the times people most sympathize with a leading character is when they don't show empathy, it seems. But now that he's making an honest effort to not be Anime Holden Caulfield, that would be nice. Because this season I finally understood the good people were seeing in him (I never really got that in the first season), but that just made the Batman meme come across as even weirder. Batman may have cultural staying power, but Nightwing or Batgirl can be more interesting - because they don't hide themselves behind a super cool logical antisocial exterior.

Re-Kan! 09

Speaking of people hiding behind barriers they erect themselves, another cute story about Hibiki helping a ghost of someone move on from their past. I wouldn't mind if Kamen Rider Ghost took some influence from this and other shows like it when comes time for it to air.

DNA2 1-2
Decided to watch some since it was recently added to crunchyroll. Wow at how stupid this is. Especially with the Mega-playboy powers turning him into a saiyan basically.

javac

What I plan to both watch and finish during this thread:
  • 3x3
  • Ace wo Nerae!
  • Assemble Insert
  • City Hunter 2
  • Dirty Pair
  • Dominion
  • Genesis Climber Mospeada
  • Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai!
  • Leda: The Fantastic Adventure of Yohko
  • Megazone 23