• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

After reading the manga, I can say the MC is at least very resistant about going out with a high school girl and realizes it would be kind of creepy

I dropped it after the reveal that happened around chapter ~100,
I felt it cheapened all the tension and the entire premise.
Don't know if I'm gonna watch the anime since I'm still angry.

Eumi

I could do with some sol romance comedy dreck this next season. Is there anything coming up I should keep an eye on?

Grexeno

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 14

ZhATrnf.png
p3VMCyh.png

MzouVXo.png
YIePU4X.png

9ADbiey.png
6YyNBFi.png

"Hello my name is definitely not Hirohiko Araki."

Squalor

What do you mean by gross?
Man who is nearly thirty is turned into a high schooler in appearance only, then proceeds to hang out with high schoolers.

Suspect subject matter further made questionable that this is an anime adaptation of a manga.
After reading the manga, I can say the MC is at least very resistant about going out with a high school girl and realizes it would be kind of creepy
That's a good start.

Mailbox

Okay want me to tell you what I think will happen? They are 3rd years. Basically one year away from being adults (the normal kids that is). I'm putting money down and saying whoever likes him, will accept that he is old and will stay with even even after he reverts back to his normal self after the experiment is done.

That or, there won't be any romance at all, but I honestly doubt it.

As someone who is reading the manga, you're wrong on both fronts.

There is a romance, but for spoiler reasons I can't say, it isn't creepy. Well... It might seem like it at first, but trust me, it's not.

edit: from what i can tell, the anime won't get to the point where it gets to that... i'll watch and if it doesn't, i might clarify for people who are curious in a spoiler tag.

I can't stress enough how much I want Regalia to be good.

2D super robots may play roles here and there in a show like Concrete Revolutio, but it's not a show specifically about the robots. It's about the superheroes. As good as that show may be (from what I've seen from the first four episodes), it's not what I'm looking for.

Regalia, from what I understand from the PVs, seems to be placing the giant robots at the front and center of the plot, which is what I want to see. I want a good story about giant 2D super robots doing crazy giant super robot things, and the effects those robots have on the main characters.

Say what you will about Regalia having the most generic character designs out there, it's nailing it with its mecha designs for me.

Look at these things. I can't wait to see them in action in all their 2D giant robot glory.

Please deliver the goods with this Regalia. Don't let me down like Comet Lucifer did.

Jarmel

Banned
Nintendoman, it's generally easier on you mentally when you accept that a show will be bad unless proven otherwise.

Line_HTX

Man who is nearly thirty is turned into a high schooler in appearance only, then proceeds to hang out with high schoolers.

Suspect subject matter further made questionable that this is an anime adaptation of a manga.

That's a good start.

Okay, from what I know about it it sounded like he wants a 2nd chance to get a better job or career because his life was going nowhere. I haven't heard anything about romance or any of that stuff.

Ascheroth

Whew, last exam of the semester is over, and the semester project presentation yesterday was received very favorably with remarks in the line of "Best presentation of the day" and "When can I buy it on Steam?". Feels good.

And today best character made his appearance in JoJo, what a better way to start summer break.
...Until monday at least, because there are still some assignments that need to be finished this month, but anyway summer break is here.

---
nintendo, man, it's great to be positive but you're probably setting yourself up for dissapointment. It's better to go in with no expectations for something unknown and watch the first episode. Worst case, it wasn't good and you'll just move on. Best case it's a pleasant surprise.

Berserk (1997) 6

The atmosphere this episode was great. Zodd was portrayed well as a fearsome beast who lays beyond even Guts and Griffith's range. Seeing Guts trembling in fear was strong enough on its own to signify the level of his opponent. I can't emphasize enough how excellent the background art is. Some of the spreads this episode looked like they could be illustrations out of a (modern work stylized after a) medieval manuscript. It really helps create a believable world.

The 97 anime showed how much you can utilize simple pans over stills image and be able to capture an impression.

Just look how beautiful many of them are (spoilers obviously)

http://imgur.com/a/pzNbD?gallery

Nintendoman, it's generally easier on you mentally when you accept that a show will be bad unless proven otherwise.

settle down nintendo

Truth/Fact

nintendo, man, it's great to be positive but you're probably setting yourself up for dissapointment. It's better to go in with no expectations for something unknown and watch the first episode. Worst case, it wasn't good and you'll just move on. Best case it's a pleasant surprise.

I feel like I'm being taunted here by the industry. Almost every single new 2D Super Robot show made in the last few years have been nothing but disappointments. Captain Earth, GBF TRY, etc.

I'm approaching this with more cautious optimism than I was with Comet Lucifer, but the PVs keep showing me the kind of mecha stuff I want to see, which fills this sliver of hope in me that maybe, just maybe, this can be good.

As someone who is reading the manga, you're wrong on both fronts.

There is a romance, but for spoiler reasons I can't say, it isn't creepy. Well... It might seem like it at first, but trust me, it's not.

edit: from what i can tell, the anime won't get to the point where it gets to that... i'll watch and if it doesn't, i might clarify for people who are curious in a spoiler tag.

I could think of another routes this thing is in but I'll keep those ideas to myself before someone ends up telling me that I'm right and it spoils the entire show. The bit you gave me was enough to tell me that it won't be generic when it comes to how the events will unfold. So yeah I'm excited

Cornbread78

I feel like I'm being taunted here by the industry. Almost every single new 2D Super Robot show made in the last few years have been nothing but disappointments. Captain Earth, GBF TRY, etc.

I'm approaching this with more cautious optimism than I was with Comet Lucifer, but the PVs keep showing me the kind of mecha stuff I want to see, which fills this sliver of hope in me that maybe, just maybe, this can be good.

We're just looking out for your mental health buddy! You can only drink so much away on any given day..

Susumu Tosaka (Infinite Stratos series director) is directing the anime at Actas. Keigo Koyanagi (Go! Go! 575, Angel Beats! setting production) is in charge of the series composition. Kimitake Nishio (Moetan, ToHeart2) is serving as the chief animation director and character designer. QP:flapper is handling the original character design, while Kanta Suzuki (Buddy Complex) is handling the mechanical design. Kentaro Tokiwa (Honey and Clover's Key Animation) is in charge of sub-character design.

Narag

Best brush up on Sturgeon's Law.

We're just looking out for your mental health buddy! You can only drink so much away on any given day..

Rather than drink during these times, I indulge myself in JAM Project Mecha AMVs to remind myself what I love about mecha.

Not a fan of Regalia's mecha design, looks too busy.

Not sure what you mean by that. I'd describe something like Aquarion EVOL's mechs as "busy". These mechs seem more restrained in terms of their design.

javac

Never seen Berserk and I have absolutely no intention to ever do so but funnily enough I'm a fan of the soundtrack, and it goes without saying that the OP has always been a fave of mine. Of course that's not indicative of the show itself but whatever, it's cool.

ReLIFE Episode 2
CmSohBCXYAExpD4.jpg

Oga is smart and very attractive and friendly, what more could anyone want.

I like how he is so warm to Arata. Arata actually fits into high school perfectly especially all his awkward moments, I never get tired of them.

L.O.R.D

kabaneri of the iron fortress 12 END

ummm,,,is that it? nothing left?
WTF is this ending?
it's just like they giving hope on this anime
a mad man decide to kill an entire town just because they fear the dead?

and after all that he inject ikuma with the white blood to save him?
i don't even know.

phaze

Rather than drink during these times, to remind myself what I love about mecha.[/URL]

Have you seen Macross Plus perchance ? I never see you mention that one and though not 100% the brand of mecha you prefer, it still seems like a better bet than what I dare say looks like an unbridled shit but now with robots the anime.

Line_HTX

It's listed for Monday, but there was an early screeing/broadcast of it? Spoilers and discussions are popping up all over the place online for Masou Gakuen HxH, which is set to start on Wed.

That's probably what it sounds like, like some special event or something.

What's the first airdate for New Game on what channel?

Have you seen Macross Plus perchance ? I never see you mention that one and though not 100% the brand of mecha you prefer, it still seems like a better bet than what I dare say looks like an unbridled shit but now with robots the anime.

I've only heard nothing but negative things about Macross Plus.

I'm sticking with Delta for now when it comes to that franchise and eventually 7.

Narag

CmTRVd5WEAAUQNe.jpg

thx evilkatarn

I've only heard nothing but negative things about Macross Plus.

I'm sticking with Delta for now when it comes to that franchise and eventually 7.

This is why you should watch shows instead of letting people decide for you based on their hot takes. Yeah, there's some questionable stuff in Plus but there's also a lot of good things like the YF-19, the filght animation, the Koji Morimoto Sharon Apple concert, the OST, etc.

Wanderer5

Izetta, The Last Witch, an original anime that takes place in WWII starring a witch that has a flying rifle. Sure why not, I keep it in mind lol.

Top Bottom