• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idolmaster is better IMO
uZTm8CC.gif

DanMachi 09

Really liked this episode a lot, but I gotta say again this show just feels like a 2-cour because of its pace, Bell has met new friend and party member. They better announce a season 2 for this, because it just feels like his adventure is getting started now, and we only have a few episodes left.

I'm pretty sure that we're going to see another season with how popular this show is. I do think the pacing is kinda off but as long as this cour ends on a high note (something as good as the minotaur fight) I won't complain.

I really REALLY hope that Noragami S2 doesn't resort to having that kid whine and cry again. The show is so much better when the drama is coming from elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure that we're going to see another season with how popular this show is. I do think the pacing is kinda off but as long as this cour ends on a high note (something as good as the minotaur fight) I won't complain.
Yeah I agree. This show was such a nice surprise, I'm glad it's doing well.

I really REALLY hope that Noragami S2 doesn't resort to having that kid whine and cry again. The show is so much better when the drama is coming from elsewhere.
Having read a bit ahead on the manga I can tell you that you can rest easy.

duckroll

I feel bad. :(

But Tomorrowland taught me that I must not be negative, so I will look upon AquaWateria's fate positively and smile. :)

Mandelbo

Tomorrowland is ok. It's not great, just ok. The third act is where it kinda goes to shit, but it's pretty enjoyable prior to that though.

NISEKOI S2 - 08

Magical girls are serious business , or are they ?
Anyway i guess i should resume my viewing of precure.. i'm almost 1 year behind.

Haru is 200% better than onodera.. chitose is however still the best.

That anger scene was typical shaft animation lol.

Tuck

UBW - 21
The first third of this episode was pure garbage. It spent the entire time regurgitating everything that had been said (repeatedly) in the last episode. Fucking horrible.

Thank god Gil showed up to bring us to the next phase. Liked that Saber recognized him (and all the other F/Z shoutouts). No idea why Rin gave two shits about
Archer dying though. And also Archer suddenly doing a 180 and saving Shirou was questionable. Shinji's fate was great though.

My patience with this show is getting very close to its limits. Good thing theres only 3 episodes left.

Midonin

High School DxD BorN 09

Now the show's title makes sense. I was always thinking it had something to do with casting magic missile at the darkness, not that the show hasn't had things like that.
"Killing" Asia
felt a bit like shock value for the sake of Issei turning into Megidramon, but it was an alright episode.

Fate/Stay Night UBW 21

I'm reasonably satisfied with Shiro and Archer coming to terms with each other. The bigger threat at this point is blondie. I've wanted him offed since a few episodes ago, and if it's not going to be happening in summer, it should be happening soon. At least Shinji was lifted by his own petard on this one.

Plastic Memories 09

The main thing with evolving technology is how it affects us as people. You don't need to have intense sci-fi battles for the impact of technology to be felt. If people can fall in love with a highly advanced robot, that's a sign that it's impacted technology already. Now there's just the matter of clearing the air with Isla here.

phaze

FSN: UBW 21

What a disgustingly predictable end to the Archer-Shirou conundrum.

Gilga, like Dio, doesn't amount too much besides "buhahaha I'm evil and I want to kill people" but in a show like this, it's probably better this way. Like Dio, at least he has presence and an entertaining way of showing off his dickery. Though the n-th time he put off the showdown because "reasons" sucks. I enjoyed learning bits of new info about the grail though I'm confused on how this meshes with things we learned in F/Z. ( F/Z spoilers )
Angra Maiyu where art thou ?

I liked Euphonium before it was cool.

Learning what dramatic tension is would be a good start.

Episode 7 had incredible dramatic tension. I would hardly say that tension has been something that Euphonium has been lacking in.

It's a low stakes show, in terms of the fact that it's just focused on the sort of every day lives of the characters and their drama, but it fills up that story with plenty of tension.

cajunator

Banned
Apparently there's a game called Yandere Simulator? You can like make your own school girl yandere and like kill people. What the fuck haha.

I might play that.

I'll give it a go sometime, it can't be any worse than Sky Crawlers (Do get the game on Wii though, that's actually pretty good).

is Sky Crawlers really bad? What makes it bad? Looked interesting to me back when I had watched Last Exile.

Eh, No, I have no desire to watch DeMachi ever.

You wouldnt like it.

cajunator

Banned
As the lover of BONES that you are in here, I'm surprised you haven't been checking out Show by Rock!

I mean, your opinions on it would be interesting to read, given the kind of show that it is.

both Show by Rock and S1 of Chaika have been really solid Bones productions. Bones done good.

Ushio to Tora [1992] | 01 - 04

Since the new adaption will air in the summer I decided to check the OVA for a taste.

This was more comical than I expected. Specifically regarding Tora's reactions and personality. It sort of feels like a movie with a bad guy who is forced to team up with an officer.
Up to this point there's been episodic challenges, a la 'monster of the week' if you will. I haven't picked up on any plot but the ongoing dysfunctional partnership and the interactions.

I like the monster/spirit designs and the types seem varied with monster fish, worms, samurai, centipedes and so on.
Mappa did Garo last season(s), and I really liked their odd and often unique monster designs. Makes me excited to see how they'll handle the spirits in this, and if they'll put in some original outlandish ones.

I'm happy to see they decided to keep the spirit of the old school design for their adaption by the looks of it. After a certain episode of HxH I have a fetish for long hair, so it all checks out.
This peek got me looking forward to the summer show. I'm not expecting any AOTS/AOTY, but I believe it'll be a fun and entertaining show to watch every week.

Post the moe side of Ushio and Tora. So much cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom