• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Spring 2015 Preliminary First Volume Sales
Many show won't have data(or full data) til Thursday, since top 30 BD cut-off is 2.7k

17,626 Kekkai Sense
11,148 Yahari
*8,598 Show by Rock!
*6,555 Hibike! Euphonium
*5,957 Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic
*5,784 Owari no Seraph
*5,588 Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki
*5,334 Funassyi no Funafunafuna Biyori
*5,275 Nisekoi:
*5,135 DanMachi
*2,853 Tesagure spin off
*2,142 Gunslinger Stratos
**,840 Re-Kan!
**,494 Etotama

Well damn, Show by Rock sold pretty good too, the Spring of Bones finally here.

SHOW BY ROOOOOCK :D

*squees a lot

hamchan

Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Season 2

These are the most vaguest people on the planet. We all know that these two girls like Hachiman but are both afraid to say it because it would ruin their status quo. But even Hachiman in his damn head is speaking super vaguely about it all that it's super confusing. This whole season has been actually rather confusing. I wouldn't blame anyone for not knowing what the hell all this drama is about, or why there is a strain in the first place.

Also this didn't feel like a final episode of a season. It felt like a middle episode, with more to come next week. I don't know whether there's enough book content left to make another season but here's hoping. If not I'll just keep reading the light novels.

OceanBlue

What is the general tone and structure of Show By Rock like? I think I remember seeing posts talk about the CG fight scenes being good. Is it structured like Precure? I've kinda been interested in giving it a try.

Sola 01-15

Well this is way better than Sora no Method(both are by Hisaya Naoki), though even after watched this show, i still don't know how can Sola voted as best anime of 2007 in Japan lol.
OP&ED is awesome btw.

Hm... I thought it was one of the most boring shows I've seen so far. The music was pretty good though.

Your Lie in April 9-10 [REWATCH]
complicated.png

Your-Lie-In-April-Ep-9.png

your-lie-in-april-episode-4-metronome.png

maxresdefault.jpg

your-lie-in-april-episode-9-kouseis-resolve.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Kousei_20150412120155.jpg

9YI5QLR.png

Oh man. Them visuals. That character development. That music. Just keeps me wanting to watch. But it is now 1:40 am and I need to wake up early for work tomorrow. I am completely sucked back in. This show is just amazing.

Link Man

Banned
Many show won't have data(or full data) til Thursday, since top 30 BD cut-off is 2.7k

17,626 Kekkai Sense
11,148 Yahari
*8,598 Show by Rock!
*6,555 Hibike! Euphonium
*5,784 Owari no Seraph
*5,275 Nisekoi:
*5,135 DanMachi
*2,853 Tesagure spin off
**,840 Re-Kan!
**,494 Etotama

Go go Kinmoza!

cajunator

Banned
What is the general tone and structure of Show By Rock like? I think I remember seeing posts talk about the CG fight scenes being good. Is it structured like Precure? I've kinda been interested in giving it a try.

Show By Rock is one part magical girl (not as much as you might think), one part shounen action, one part band competition, one part drama, one part moe slice of life. Its a bunch of things together.

OceanBlue

Show By Rock is one part magical girl (not as much as you might think), one part shounen action, one part band competition, one part drama, one part moe slice of life. Its a bunch of things together.

I'm not completely sure how that all meshes together, but you mentioned moe slice of life so I might as well give it a try. Thanks!

Alrighty. Thanks.

May I ask the regulars here when does Darker than Black pick up? I'm 2 and a half episodes in and I don't find it all that intriguing.

Is this thread only about current shows or all anime?
Your avatar has already captured the absolute peak of animation, there's no need to discuss more.

All anime talk is welcomed here.

Except like half of the shows this summer lmao

I incline to think that was what saved it from being rock-bottom.
Although like most anime trend it kinda died out after a while.

It's still strange. Maybe the craze died out before Blu-rays were available?

phaze

lulz

Toei > Bones

Alrighty. Thanks.

May I ask the regulars here when does Darker than Black pick up? I'm 2 and a half episodes in and I don't find it all that intriguing.

For the most of its run, the series continues the pattern of self contained 2/3 episode story arcs sprinkled with some main character backstories and especially Hei's past. The main storyline doesn't really begin in earnest till eps 15/16 and is then finished in the last few episodes. The ending is all kinds of bullshit so I'd say if you're not feeling it by end of episode 6 (one of better arcs that introduces some important characters and Hei's backstory), drop it.

KazenY2J

17,626 Kekkai Sense
11,148 Yahari
*8,598 Show by Rock!
*6,555 Hibike! Euphonium
*5,784 Owari no Seraph
*5,275 Nisekoi:
*5,135 DanMachi
*2,853 Tesagure spin off
**,840 Re-Kan!
**,494 Etotama

Thought Danmachi would sell more due to it's popularity.

17,626 Kekkai Sense
11,148 Yahari
*8,598 Show by Rock!
*6,555 Hibike! Euphonium
*5,784 Owari no Seraph
*5,275 Nisekoi:
*5,135 DanMachi
*2,853 Tesagure spin off
**,840 Re-Kan!
**,494 Etotama

Those Kekkai Sensen numbers

tumblr_no6tg4Osfk1u7esf3o1_500.gif

Mandelbo

Gut Punch Extravaganza 09

God damn.

Akemi's long, drawn out, undignified death scene was painful to watch, especially when Shuji tried to prop her up with her blood sticking to the sheets. Tetsu's dead, Chise looks as if she's going to level an entire city to kill four people again (why doesn't she just blow them up like she did that wall last episode?) Atsushi is realising the true horror of war, with his friends dropping like flies - I'm betting now that he lives, only to go home and find his town in ruins and Akemi dead. Or maybe he'll just get shot. Or get caught in one of Chise's attacks.

Once again, the situation just keeps getting worse.

Mendrox

Holyshit @ Kekkai Sensen

Another final episode delay in my lifetime. I did hate this shit with Madoka back then and the Monogatari series. Well I don't care anymore now...

Szadek

I watched Nekomonogatari: Kuro.
It wasn't as interesting as Bake and had way too many cat puns,but it was alright.
Will take a break from the series for now,but I'm planning to watch the rest at some point.

I'm also watching Kekkai Sensen.
It has a cool premise,but after 5 episodes I don't really care about anyone so far,which is kind of a big deal for me.

After that I'm not sure what I should watch next.
Here is my myanimelist anime list
My PTW list is pretty damn long and I have a few series on hold as well.

I should probably also rewatch Neon Genesis Evangelion,because I was very young when I watched the series for the first time.
The things,I kind of don't want to,because it's Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Than again I liked the rebuild movies (except for 3), so maybe I will like the series more than I think.

Am roughly 17 episodes into Mushi-shi and am thoroughly enjoying it. I have to say though, this anime has some major same-face character design. Fortunately the episodes are independent from one another and introduce a new story and new characters each time, so it doesn't really matter.

It's kinda bound to happen with an abstract art style lacking in detail and actually giving most people black or brown hair. Still, every episode I keep thinking "yep, it's this face again!"

Will truly be bad writing if Silver Mask dies in this franchise.
will it ? the guy is basicly the main antagonist , on a spiral of vengeance ready to sacrifice everything and anything to achieve his goals.
If he doesn't die, i'll be disapointed , forgiveness is OUT OF THE EQUATION ALREADY.
i just want a glorious sword battle , suikoden 2 style before his death.

Yup the art has been weird for the past 3 or so episodes. In this one specifically, when they are inside the castle already, depending on the camera angle, you see Arslan's hair tied even though he had untied it earlier. Then the camera angle changes and it is untied again lol. Then there's the faces of the characters that just don't seem consistent and keep changing in minor ways. The story is top notch, but they are slacking on the animation a bit.
didn't notice that , but i did notice , the lack of detail on many things , especially on the background that weren't there on the previous episodes...mixing 2D and 3D when neither is detailled enough , make for quite average scenes.

That's... not the best cover art I've ever seen.
Indeed , that's very disapointing , especially for this anime.

I'll get it too.
THIS IS RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS.

Haven't seen Magical Warfare, all I can do is attest to the quality of Witch Craft Works.
Magical warfare starts poorly , but still ok , promises to get better and then drop the ball in the most anti-climatic way possible.I trusted this show to do something simple, it said "ok" but they burned trhough so much book material, so fast , so poorly , so badly animated i have no words how bad magical warfare is... a glorious waste of time
494 for Etotama :(

Sad indeed , the initial reception didn't get to the japanese viewers

kewlmyc

17,626 Kekkai Sense
11,148 Yahari
*8,598 Show by Rock!
*6,555 Hibike! Euphonium
*5,784 Owari no Seraph
*5,275 Nisekoi:
*5,135 DanMachi
*2,853 Tesagure spin off
**,840 Re-Kan!
**,494 Etotama

1. Yay for Yahari, glad it's doing well.
2. Kekkai Sense did super well, I'm shocked.
3. Owari no Seraph did way better than expected (was expecting a huge flop) considering the Amazon tracking for it. From what I hear, yaoi fans usually don't buy from Amazon, so maybe that's why.
4. Considering Hestia fever, DanMachi did mediocre sales. It's Chaika all over again. At least the novels had a severe bump in sales, but Yahari did the same and managed to have good anime sales as well.

Cornbread78

It wasn't as interesting as Bake and had way too many cat puns,but it was alright.
Will take a break from the series for now,but I'm planning to watch the rest at some point.

It has a cool premise,but after 5 episodes I don't really care about anyone so far,which is kind of a big deal for me.

I should probably also rewatch Neon Genesis Evangelion,because I was very young when I watched the series for the first time.
Than again I liked the rebuild movies (except for 3), so maybe I will like the series more than I think.

First and foremost you must watch Clannad After Story. You finished S1, but now the adventure truly begins.

Then Grisaia & Grisaia S2. Then Etotama. Then Kanon.

Then you need to add and watch Cross Ange for the trainwreck and entertainment.

Jex

Am roughly 17 episodes into Mushi-shi and am thoroughly enjoying it. I have to say though, this anime has some major same-face character design. Fortunately the episodes are independent from one another and introduce a new story and new characters each time, so it doesn't really matter.

It's kinda bound to happen with an abstract art style lacking in detail and actually giving most people black or brown hair. Still, every episode I keep thinking "yep, it's this face again!"

You're trying to say that all Japanese people look the same?

Sterok

Go Princess Precure 21

How can something so intense be so boring? Shut was the only good part of this. That and Twinkle being a boss. That backstory is weak. Personification of despair kidnaps princess and brainwashes her. Tragic, but I don't particularly feel anything. We're just told Towa's struggles, so we barely get a sense of what she was apparently failing to do. And as a character she didn't earn a redemption. Actually that's my main problem for this episode. The show hasn't earned any feels, and sob stories just fall flat because I don't care about Kanata, and Twilight hasn't really been developed beyond evil princess. Instead of her learning something, or at least having some moral beaten into her, she's just shot with rainbow hope and everything's good. Well Kanata got stuck behind, who cares? Eh, maybe Scarlet will inject some life into this show and make it something other than by the numbers. But I'm not confident.

phaze

From your to watch list you should prioritize these:
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
Ping Pong The Animation
Shin Sekai Yori
Space☆Dandy
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Texhnolyze

Didn't see all of Mushishi or Rourouni Kenshin but they are well regarded.

Oh, whaaaaat? Hopefully DVD sales were higher than that...

Nah, DVD sales are less than 570.

Of course... There's this:
Keep in mind these (as always) are estimates from Oricon from their partner stores. They are not a 100% conclusive amount of the units sold to retailers by the distributors. Additionally, the KyoAni Shop is not a partner store for Oricon, so there is a guaranteed amount that will not be calculated by them. It's somewhat of a comparison to other titles released around that time, but it's useless in actual determination if anything's sold well.

I jokingly say Oricon's like Whose Line is it Anyway: everything's made up and the points don't matter.

Mandelbo

Nah, DVD sales are less than 570.

Of course... There's this:

That still doesn't fill me with confidence, but at least the sales numbers aren't definitive. I was under the impression that Plastic Memories was fairly popular based on Isla's position on that chart a few days back, but then again Danmachi didn't do brilliantly either and I thought that was popular too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom