• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...this is apparently happening.

80282.png

Apparently it's not a joke. Just confirmed on Toonami preflight.

I can't believe it. It might be the cruelest April Fools ever.

Edit-Nope. Not a joke.

Sölf

Shin Sekai Yori 10
What the fuck, we Shaft now? This episode was all over the place with the visuals. And I understood not much of what was going on. This show is good, really good, but confusing as fuck.

Space Patrol Luluco - 01

Over Justice gave me some giggles with the dryness of the repeated behavior. He makes me want to check out that Inferno Cop thing.
Can't tell if the long moments of next to nothing stems from LOLTRIGGER or budget, possibly both. I liked the animation effects at the end though.

Uplifting, hasty and short. I'm happy enough with that.
ED song made me think of the Yuri Kuma Arashi OP, that voice is distinct!

Line_HTX

That's what I was forgetting. I thought it was interesting that Luluco specifically had Season 1 as the title, which probably means they have a season 2 already planned out.

Line_HTX

Terraformars REVENGE 01

Yes, the glorious Michelle K. Davis is back and kicking ass again. She definitely changed personality wise, haha. I thought just the mere mention of a shower scene was a complete joke, but wow... O////O And Akari trying to be real clever saying he doesn't have any strength left after that dumb, cheesy ass power yell to "summon his powers" out of nowhere and try to shounen hero fight that special Terraformer and then proceeding to grope Michelle's breast.

The look of the new season is completely different, as someone else mentioned before with a completely new staff. And with the new season, the memories come back, as well as the dragged out flashbacks AGAIN. I wish they would find a way to not do that and just stop wasting time. At least it looks brighter and less bleak and dark like the previous season.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu - 13 [End]

The show has done a great job of making me care for the characters, so it comes to no surprise to me when I got emotional during the graveyard scene.
I think Rakugo is an excellent show that I would absolutely recommend others to check out. Well crafted and polished. I'm pleased to hear there is going to be more!

pbayne

Rakugo 13

Surprised they didn't cut back to the present of episode one and went a bit further forward. Thank god there is another season because that cliffhanger.

Wonder what direction season 2 will go in as Rakugo seems to be on its last legs in the present.

Cornbread78

Onegai Teacher ep.4-6
So conflicted about this show. There's a ton of drama and the relationship development isn't exactly what I thought it would be, but there have been some pretty sweet scenes mixed in there (although, the best one was with the supporting cast... shocking, I know.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You'd think posting a massive picture would get people's attention but nope, still posts in the old thread…

LDopbSV.png

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 13:

Thank the Star Heaven that we are getting another season of this program. Anyway, this is a show the reminds we of why I enjoy Anime as an artform and I will have much more in the way of words come to AOTY voting this year.

Cornbread78

Dagashi END
Interesting ending. This episode should really have been over 3 mins into it with the Hotaru x Saya scene! The show was fun at times, but for most of I was a lost because I had no idea about anything they were talking about with the candy...

Chindogg

You'd think posting a massive picture would get people's attention but nope, still posts in the old thread…

LDopbSV.png

GOOD

KEEPS THE RIFF RAFF OUT

Dagashi END
Interesting ending to this one since it should have been over 3 mins in with the Hotaru x Saya scene ended. They show was fun at times, but for most of it was a west because I had no idea about anything they were talking about.

Looks like they're gonna keep the love triangle going for another stretch.

6. Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto (Sakamoto desu ga?)
First year high school student Sakamoto isn't just cool, he's the coolest! Almost immediately after starting school, he began attracting everyone's attention. The girls love him, and most of the boys resent him. There's even a boy in the class who works as a model, but who is constantly upstaged by Sakamoto! No matter what tricks the other boys try to play on him, Sakamoto always manages to foil them with ease and grace. Though Sakamoto may seem cool and aloof, he helps others when asked, such as in the case of the boy in his class who was being constantly bullied. No matter what difficulties Sakamoto encounters, he moves through his high school life with confidence and class.

anime sounds hilarious, trailer sold me

Terraformars REVENGE 01

Yes, the glorious Michelle K. Davis is back and kicking ass again. She definitely changed personality wise, haha. I thought just the mere mention of a shower scene was a complete joke, but wow... O////O And Akari trying to be real clever saying he doesn't have any strength left after that dumb, cheesy ass power yell to "summon his powers" out of nowhere and try to shounen hero fight that special Terraformer and then proceeding to grope Michelle's breast.

The look of the new season is completely different, as someone else mentioned before with a completely new staff. And with the new season, the memories come back, as well as the dragged out flashbacks AGAIN. I wish they would find a way to not do that and just stop wasting time. At least it looks brighter and less bleak and dark like the previous season.

this shit was successful enough for a 2nd season?

damn

Dennis

Banned
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable Episode 1

That was OK, the art style is a little rough. Like the new JoJo guy.

The villain seems like quite the step down from Dio.

Grexeno

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable Episode 1

That was OK, the art style is a little rough. Like the new JoJo guy.

The villain seems like quite the step down from Dio.
Needless to say, but Angelo is not the main villain.

Just T

JoJo's Bizzarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable: 1

Well dang Joseph. This was a good episode, visuals are looking nice, I like the setting. Jotaro appearance sticks out though after just finishing Stardust Crusaders. As for Josuke, he's alright, going to have to get used to him, the stand he has is pretty interesting though. Also Tomoko was vicious.

Jojo Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable 1
Good first episode. Liking the color and new style and the subtle hints to future events.

Cornbread78

GOOD
Looks like they're gonna keep the love triangle going for another stretch.

Wait, are they making a second cour for the show?

I feel bad for Saya because she would be the best ship, but as the childhood friend, she has already lost. Not that Coconuts constantly staring at Hotoru's tits wasn'ta dead giveaway..

Oh well, it doesn't matter, there's no shipping in the show anyhow; it's a straight SoL/ comedy about Japanese candy we've never heard of.

Has no one posted the Wall of Shame?

Who Posted? Total Posts: 7,421
User Name Posts
Cornbread78 437
hosannainexcelsis 393
Dedication Through Light 309
MetroidPrimeRib 264
Jarmel 202
Line_HTX 194
Qurupeke 187
TUSR 180
duckroll 161