• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

Ascheroth

Yep, last season had a lot of anime that spawned discussion by comparison.
Erased, Rakugo, Grimgar, Phantasy World...
While this season also has some very good shows, they don't really give much discussion material.

I freaking love Kiznaiver but the most I write about is an episode impression.
And I'm not even bothering with JoJo impressions, because they'd just be some variation of 'great' and 'awesome'.

Line_HTX

I feel like there was very little anime discussion this season amongst ourselves, there were individual posts with impressions but that was it. There was some MHA and Kiznaiver discussion but that was it really. I feel like I haven't seen everyone as engaged as we were when SNAFU2 was airing. I feel like that was the last show that pretty much everyone on here was watching, and everyone was having interesting and fun discussions.

The 2nd season was that compelling, huh.

At least next season will bring us detailed Berserk teardowns by Metroidprimerib

And Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars impressions from me that begin with OMG MECHA IS SAVED 2D SUPER ROBOTS with the first few episodes that slowly simmer down into distilled anger and disappointment if the show pulls another Comet Lucifer.

Of course, I'm wishing that this doesn't happen. Please don't happen.

I just want a good 2D Super Robot show.

Line_HTX

I'm getting sort of bummed out that Anime OT and Fighting Games OT have been dwindling for a while.

I wish both would speed up again.

Narag

And Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars impressions from me that begin with OMG MECHA IS SAVED 2D SUPER ROBOTS with the first few episodes that slowly simmer down into distilled anger and disappointment if the show pulls another Comet Lucifer.

Of course, I'm wishing that this doesn't happen. Please don't happen.

I just want a good 2D Super Robot show.

Susumu Tosaka (Infinite Stratos series director) is directing the anime at Actas.

Hm, will give a chance.

Grexeno

For me, I just can't organize my thoughts enough to post more than a sentence, so I just don't post.

And then there's JoJo, which is just "how many different ways can one say PERFECT"

blurr

Deconstructing harems? that's maybe putting it lightly if not inaccurate, I really thought it was more along the lines of understanding the self and deconstructing social/anti-social norms.

jbug617

Banned
Next season watch list:

Shokugeki no Soma S2
Nanatsu no Taizai S2
Handa-kun (Barakamon Spinoff)
Mob Psycho 100
New Game!
Momokuri
Days
Battery

Line_HTX

Deconstructing harems? that's maybe putting it lightly if not inaccurate, I really thought it was more along the lines of understanding the self and deconstructing social/anti-social norms.

How would one deconstruct a harem show?

:lol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If you have not read Derrida you are not allowed to use the word "deconstruction". These are the hard rules we have to make.

MHA 12
giphy.gif

This was a good episode.

Ascheroth

Re:Zero #12

Great way to start a new arc. Lots of new characters, old ones returning, more information about the main plot and Subaru in the midst of everything.
Will be interesting to see when and how and why he'll die this time around and where his last bonfire was. (No, I don't want an answer to this).

Exalted

Re zero episode 12

Finally a new arc, and it looks like it will be quite interesting. Was surprisingly chill episode, with lots of story progression and new characters introduced. Now we wait for the suffering to start again.

Sansha Sanyou 9

As ordinary school festival episodes go, this is one of the better ones I've seen. Futaba and Yoko were especially entertaining. Also there were a lot of >< faces, which is always a sign of quality.

my hero academia latest episode, the one with the punches

Those were some good punches. Saitama would be proud. This also proves All Might makes this series

e_i

Kumamiko episode 12

Instead of Machi
growing up, we have her have a mental breakdown and go back into her hole.

zulux21

rezero 12

I am glad this show has 13 more eps still.

MHA 12

it's a shame that this show doesn't have more eps, but at least people are starting to see why we were excited for this series as this arc is where the series becomes good, and it doesn't really stop from here :p

Qurupeke

Kumamiko episode 12

Instead of Machi
growing up, we have her have a mental breakdown and go back into her hole.

The show deconstructs the concept of "character development" and proves that people can degrade because of peer pressure and social anxiety.

lol Lame ending. I don't even feel like going back to the show now.

Top Bottom