• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

Qurupeke

Wait, that's a catboy?

Yes.

M7t4276.png

Re:Zero 12

First half was the usual fluffy SoL life, but woaaaah at that ending. We got politics set in motion. This just got really interesting.

Eumi

Ok so I don't really wanna start Re:Zero yet, but I still wanna watch something. What's been good this season that isn't JoJo or Kiznaiver? Or even just anything good that I might not have seen. I have so much free time right now I need something to do when Overwatch gets boring.

Ok so I don't really wanna start Re:Zero yet, but I still wanna watch something. What's been good this season that isn't JoJo or Kiznaiver? Or even just anything good that I might not have seen. I have so much free time right now I need something to do when Overwatch gets boring.

Tanaka-kun wa itsumo kedaruge and Flying Witch, especially if you enjoy relaxing shows.

Oh and Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou

Moaradin

MHA

I can only think of 3:

- Flying Witch
- Kuromukuro
- Tanaka-kun NOTE: do not judge this show by the first episode, I almost dropped it entirely thinking it was just going to be skits with Tanaka being lazy, but every episode after that increases the cast, it became a great funny watch.

I can think of a few

My Hero Academia
Concrete Revolutio
Tanaka-kun
Bungo stray dogs
Twin star exorcist
Assassination Classrom S2

The bold ones are my personal favourites.

I also heard good things about Shonen maid but I did not watch it yet.

Aki-at

Flying Witch is a nice show to watch if you want something to chill with.

List of shows you've watched?

Ascheroth

Watch Majin Bone and Danball Senki.
You can thank me later.

Eumi

That was the most relaxing thing I've ever watched. Like, I could legit curl up and just fall asleep listening to this, and I don't speak a lick of Japanese.

Only problem is I can just feel that they're just teasing us on the gay aspect. Like, they're so close to touching butts but they're not gonna. Maybe they'll introduce a horribly stereotyped lesbian later, these shows seem to like doing that.

Thanks for all the recommendations, I think I've got a better idea on what to watch now.

Cornbread78

ReZero ep.12
Damn, that ending... This is gonna get into some political B.S, isn't it? Oh well, Subaru is gonna get his assistant beat after this one...

Fruit Basket - 08

Dem upgraded visuals, nice. Might be only for this and other single episodes here and there, but it was nice that Tooru was a bit more pleasant to look at. She's got some major bug eyes to begin with and looked ugly/overly derpy more often than not until this episode:

3mzH167.jpg
boilcYU.jpg

left image is from a previous episode, right one from this

The show and episode itself has somewhat competent drama and comedy. It's just that I've seen dozens shows that do this pretty standard mix better and Tooru is a really generic 'goodhearted girl' that inspires everyone around her ;/

But yeh, still enjoying it moderately, I'll see how it goes.

Kumamiko 12
....wow....just wow. So much of this pisses me off, Yoshio is still a complete and utter asshole for forcing all this onto Machi and acts like he did something good. Machi has a complete and utter mental breakdown, and manages to somehow regress character wise. And everyone is acting like there is nothing wrong with this new and broken Machi....I'll give Natsu a slight pass cause he's a bear but still, wow.

3/10 (Bad)

Kuromukuro 11

To see Kennosuke shake like that, damn. Not what I was expecting to see. I wonder if he was shaking because
he killed the guy, or if what he said made him doubt himself.

That was the most relaxing thing I've ever watched. Like, I could legit curl up and just fall asleep listening to this, and I don't speak a lick of Japanese.

Only problem is I can just feel that they're just teasing us on the gay aspect. Like, they're so close to touching butts but they're not gonna. Maybe they'll introduce a horribly stereotyped lesbian later, these shows seem to like doing that.

Thanks for all the recommendations, I think I've got a better idea on what to watch now.

Although it MAY seem that way at times, Tanaka is straight high school boy, he talks and thinks things most high school boys his age do. He notices girls, and one particular scene comes to mind due to why he recognized a girl that was hiding her identity lol.

Kumamiko 12
....wow....just wow. So much of this pisses me off, Yoshio is still a complete and utter asshole for forcing all this onto Machi and acts like he did something good. Machi has a complete and utter mental breakdown, and manages to somehow regress character wise. And everyone is acting like there is nothing wrong with this new and broken Machi....I'll give Natsu a slight pass cause he's a bear but still, wow.

3/10 (Bad)

Wow, it sounds like this show turned out even worse than I thought it would when it started.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
ReZero, switching to a new arc rife with politics and it is still amazing! That whole 2nd half was filled with intrigue, from the curiosity about how Emilia would feel about Subaru rolling with a queen prospect to the new queen and the interaction between new and returning characters.

This show is the bomb.

Syrinx

Konosuba 3

They're never gonna make it out of the opening town.

Myriad Colors Phantom World 3

Needs more of the dog. Also to throw Ruru in a deep fryer. And what is that kid's deal?

Eumi

Kuromukuro 11

To see Kennosuke shake like that, damn. Not what I was expecting to see. I wonder if he was shaking because
he killed the guy, or if what he said made him doubt himself.

Although it MAY seem that way at times, Tanaka is straight high school boy, he talks and thinks things most high school boys his age do. He notices girls, and one particular scene comes to mind due to why he recognized a girl that was hiding her identity lol.

Damnit. Ah well, I'll just pick out the gayer moments then. I'm sure there'll be plenty.

And here I was hoping I'd found some good gay fun without it being rapey or otherwise creepy.

Damnit. Ah well, I'll just pick out the gayer moments then. I'm sure there'll be plenty.

And here I was hoping I'd found some good gay fun without it being rapey or otherwise creepy.

I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it nonetheless. Putting sexual interest aside: straight, gay, or not, the show is funny and a legitimately good watch. The characters that are introduced each week only add on to this show's fun factor.

Taruranto

Concrete Reconquista #24

Weltall Id?

Ok, this was confusing. Not as confusing as I thought it would be, but still pretty damn random at times. Well, this sentiment is more about the whole season, not just the ending itself.

CR has always been a pretty confusing series, but this season felt waaaay more hard to grasp than S1. Characters are constantly switching sides and shouting stuff that are supposed to be important, but they just come off as stupid and out of touch with the current situation.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about the plot twists
Jiro is an atomic bomb. The other dude is a meteor. Youkai go over to another world.
Uh? Sure, ok.

I really liked Kiku character, but this season did jack shit with her. Same with Detective Raito.

It reminded me of Gundam Reconquista, thought not as bad. Either way, it's not a series I'd recommend. It may had a lot to say, but I don't think it said it well.

Knights of Sidonia 1-2

Am I crazy, or is it hard to tell the difference between some female characters on the show? I'm not joking about the the clones either, I mean the obvious love interests. I look at them, and they all just kind of meld together. Other than that, even by CG show standards, it's not great. The framerate fluctuates wildly. One second it'll be nice and smooth, and the next moment I'm being reminded of blighttown. When people talk, their mouths....sweet jesus. I will admit I like the designs of the mechs though. Story wise, the ideas presented here aren't terrible, but they're presented in such a haphazard way that I can't see myself getting invested in these characters. I'm 2 episodes in, and I'm getting distracted.

I feel like I could get most the enjoyment found here, with better CG just by watching Starship Troopers.

Not the sequels though. Those are terrible.

Cornbread78

Kiznaiver ep.11
Oh goodness, Nori-change has made her move. Is she really going to try and
mass connect everyone to her through the Kizna system?
That is so gigantic leap in the number of
people dumping all their pain and emotions to her... How is that going to help her friends?
I'm really not sure how they will adequately close this show out next week.

Aki-at

Is Kiznaiver getting a second part in the Autumn? Seems a lot of stuff they'll have to get through in one final episode.

Top Bottom