• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Square Enix announces "Bravely Default For The Sequel" for 3DS

duckroll

Jun 7, 2004
Leaked in Jump.

- Dec 5 2013
- Retail: 4990yen
- Expansion digital download: 2900yen

Includes:
- New story events
- New controls for more comfortable play
- Auto-mode can make battles up to 4 times faster
- Difficulty options
- Save slots increased to 3
- Supports old save files

This is an expansion + re-release of Bravely Default. Not a sequel. Presumably the subtitle suggests that they're selling this to fund the sequel? Lol. Hopefully this is the version used for the US/EU release.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
Western version better be based on this game :-/

Phazon

Mar 3, 2012
Belgium
www.4gamers.be
I wonder if Nintendo will be giving this version a localistion instead of the previous one?

The new features sound cool, I'd be okay with waiting a bit longer and having these things.

Asd202

Jun 18, 2013
Poland
I've made this post in another thread I think it will fit here :p.

Wait? WHAT? I really hope the localized version will include those extras. Thinking about it now maybe that's why we haven't seen the game since announcement at any convention. Wishful thinking I know :(.
This subtitle is really fucking stupid though.

Andrefpvs

May 18, 2010
Europe
twitter.com
"Bravely Default For The Sequel"

I beg your pardon?

This is an expansion + re-release of Bravely Default. Not a sequel. Presumably the subtitle suggests that they're selling this to fund the sequel? Lol. Hopefully this is the version used for the US/EU release.

This would be great.

Sep 11, 2007
Leaked in Jump.

- Dec 5 2013
- Retail: 4990yen
- Expansion digital download: 2900yen

Includes:
- New story events
- New controls for more comfortable play
- Auto-mode can make battles up to 4 times faster
- Difficulty options
- Save slots increased to 3
- Supports old save files

HAHA good one Ducky, we know this is SE we're talking about...

dramatis

May 28, 2008
They're asking you to go bankrupt so that they may have a sequel. Good stuff.

I wonder if they consult the localization department for these titles...

tuffy

Sep 17, 2010
If this is the version that's coming over, that would explain why the EU release was unexpectedly pushed into next year.

AranhaHunter

Banned
Mar 20, 2006
So this looks like a "GOTY", "Ultimate", "Complete" version of the game that is often used in the west on re-releases. Am I right with that assumption?

GuitarAtomik

Jun 13, 2008
We better get this version in the US. I'm going to assume this is why it's taking so long to localize
It's probably not why though :[

duckroll

Jun 7, 2004
In the article, the producer says that this is the "complete edition" of Bravely Default, and they want to give people a chance to play a version of the game with all the improvements they've made before they release the sequel. Sounds like the sequel is a done deal, and it would be very shameful if this isn't the EU/US version because the producer has also acknowledged the interest of overseas fans previously.

Mael

Oct 23, 2009
France
Holy SHiT! This needs to be a massive success!!
And I need this in PAL in my 3DS like yesterday!!!!!!!!

Bomber Bob

Banned
May 29, 2010
Always be interested in this game.

is it feasible in Japanese or use some overcomplicated archaic rpg dialogs?

Asd202

Jun 18, 2013
Poland
In the article, the producer says that this is the "complete edition" of Bravely Default, and they want to give people a chance to play a version of the game with all the improvements they've made before they release the sequel. Sounds like the sequel is a done deal, and it would be very shameful if this isn't the EU/US version because the producer has also acknowledged the interest of overseas fans previously.

So BD 2 in 2014? I wonder what will be first localized version or the sequel :p.

Rapstah

Jul 20, 2009
Maybe they mean "The sequel for Bravely Default" in a combination of a complete lie, a misunderstanding of English prepositions as postpositions and a poor choice of preposition.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Jun 3, 2011
Tokyo
twitter.com
2k yen for something like this? No thanks. BD was awesome, but I don't feel like playing it again just for "New story events".

Dec 5, 2009
"Bravely Default For The Sequel" is the real name of the game? Really? This has to be the most bizarre game title Square-Enix has come up with yet.

Elaugaufein

May 11, 2013

I hope you're right, but the release date makes me doubtful. I mean if BD is still due for a Europe release late in 2013, it'll be close to simultaneous and it would be unusual to do that, though I guess not unheard of.