• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces "Bravely Default For The Sequel" for 3DS

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
You should check out some of the titles they put out on the DS if you have the time. Tactics A2 and four heroes of light are bretty gud.

and it is sad that they are focusing on mobile than traditional handhelds, but what can we do. Hopefully when the 3DS prints more money in Japan, SE will take advantage of that and release more stuff.

According to Square they view the 3DS as a console and iOS and the like as handhelds.

Messed up I know.

Oh and Lufia 2 Remake. Which probably killed off the franchise but whatever. I loved Lufia.

I will never understand the desire to take classic games/series and turn them into a form that the primary audience will likely find unappealing and the target demographic already has a plentiful selection of. How does it make sense?

DMG-01

You should check out some of the titles they put out on the DS if you have the time. Tactics A2 and four heroes of light are bretty gud.

and it is sad that they are focusing on mobile than traditional handhelds, but what can we do. Hopefully when the 3DS prints more money in Japan, SE will take advantage of that and release more stuff.

It's one of my greatest gaming regrets that I've never played 4HoL. Maybe one day...

According to Square they view the 3DS as a console and iOS and the like as handhelds.

Messed up I know.

Its economics. Gaming handhelds have higher sale prices and production values and a lower acceptance of IAP. Square regularly cops criticism for their mobile prices despite being cheaper tha their portables even for direct ports. From that perspective they are much more like console.

cafemomo

It's one of my greatest gaming regrets that I've never played 4HoL. Maybe one day...

Oh you should check out. It's a really lovely game. It's a bit easy compared to other FFs, and a bit slow in the beginning but it all pays off in the end. You can get it for dirt cheap at gamestop & amazon now.

DMG-01

Oh you should check out. It's a really lovely game. It's a bit easy compared to other FFs, and a bit slow in the beginning but it all pays off in the end. You can get it for dirt cheap at gamestop & amazon now.

I totally would, except I'm a stubborn idiot who for whatever reason decided that I'd rather play it in Japanese for some of dat language practice. I'm not like that with most games, but I've always thought that way about 4HoL and I have no idea why. Though, I'll probably just end up relenting one day and pick it up cheap off of Amazon as you suggested.

Bladenic

Easy? I thought 4WoL was a bit more difficult like old school FF/RPGs?

Top Bottom