• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix - Blood of Bahamut

-Kh-

Banned
duckroll said:
Blood of Bahamut is a DS game, and it's in next week's Jump. But because there's a lack of Nomura involvement, that's about all I can tell you now. People on 2ch with the mag aren't interested!

Awesome, another RPG for DS! Which I hope does get localized.

And Nomura fanboys suck just as much as console fanboys
:lol

duckroll said:
Blood of Bahamut is a DS game, and it's in next week's Jump. But because there's a lack of Nomura involvement, that's about all I can tell you now. People on 2ch with the mag aren't interested!

true

Aeana

nelsonroyale said:
eh the detailed art is wasted on a ds game....haha can't wait to see how it is translated...or not

dhvCbkaRP.jpg
OtkeoQWva.jpg
qJhfJFgio.jpg

I think it'll be okay.

Cedille

DarknessTear said:
Sounds like Hitoshi Sakimoto music.

I am actually surprised to see many people come to feel that, although every speculation should be respected at this moment.

If I associate the music with a high-profile composer, probably Yasunori Mitsuda (you know, while he is best known for something Celtic, his recent dry orchestral music is really reminiscent of Sakimoto... please listen to Armodyne or Soma Bringer).

If this is the next work of the Revenant Wings or FFT A2 team, Sakimoto or some Basiscape is likely, but still, I'll be disappointed if any of them gets even more generic like this.

By the way, isn't Isamu Kamikokuryo busy with FFXIII?

-Kh-

Banned
Pureauthor said:
Why did Revenant Wings have to look so good and play so bad?

I really liked RW's gameplay. Very simple to give commands, but just hard trying to raise a dead guy manually in a middle of a crowd.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So what kind of game will it be ? Any ingame screens in the issue?

PolyGone

Banned
I definitely thought of FFXII Revenant Wings after seeing the artwork, if it is the same team hopefully they will make a GOOD game this time

Basiscape with Iwata or (insert name of unrecognized drone composer here) composing this particular track is by far the most likely, IMO. It sounds a lot like several of Iwata's pieces from ASH.

PolyGone

Banned
Sword Familiar said:
I own this game and I have yet to play through it. I have to get around to that sometime. Perhaps. Backlog gaming. Yeah.

I found it to be too easy, therefore boring. But it had some decent ideas and the battle animations were pretty nice.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
PolyGone said:
I found it to be too easy, therefore boring. But it had some decent ideas and the battle animations were pretty nice.

Ok. Well, I don't mind it being easy, as long as it makes up for it in other areas. As much as I love a deep and engaging combat system, it isn't the main reason for me to play an RPG. Story and music are just as important to me and, quite frankly, I couldn't care less about battle animations, but I guess it doesn't hurt if the game looks good, too.

-Kh-

Banned
Sword Familiar said:
I couldn't care less about battle animations, but I guess it doesn't hurt if the game looks good, too.

Battle animations are good as far as they can be turned off, or they aren't too long to to perform.

Long fights because of animations during grinding sesions is unaceptable.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
duckroll said:

Interest +100

Zerachiel

Kulock said:
SotC has the legal rights to any and all large monsters, I see. Certainly the "land resting on its back or head" for sure. Nope, never done before.

Yeah, didn't that thing exist in the first Bahamut Lagoon?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This just in. Square Enix is making a game with awesome art. It will probably look nothing like that. More at 11.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
-Kh- said:
Battle animations are good as far as they can be turned off, or they aren't too long to to perform.

Long fights because of animations during grinding sesions is unaceptable.

I meant aesthetically, though I see your point. I rarely grind in RPGs though, unless I want to max my characters out.

-Kh-

Banned
Sword Familiar said:
I meant aesthetically, though I see your point. I rarely grind in RPGs though, unless I want to max my characters out.

If I'm really enjoying the game and like the battle system, I usually go all the way until max level, or highes possible (some older games getting over level 60 was just about the limit because of the huge exp gap between levels and low-exp granted by the highest levle mobs).

But yeah, I don't like to rush through RPGs, but I don't like to be sitting there for 2 minutes during a fight that only took 1 turn to win (FFIII Ds comes to mind).

I noticed the city on the colossus' shoulder instead of the fact that it is a colossus itself. Colossus existed before SOTC, guys.

-Kh-

Banned
xfactor said:
The lack of Q4 PSP games. Those PSPers have nothing else to do

I don't know about that, but the PSP is getting the biggest new IP of Q4 from SE, Dissidia.
The DS gets the biggest old IP tho :lol

Classic_Gs said:
Dang that art work is awesome, and I welcome more portable greatness to my PSP.

:lol

Raist said:
Well, reminds me more of alexander in FFIX. But yeah, whatever.

alexander6-b.jpg

alexander6-s.jpg

alexander8-c.jpg

alexander9-s.jpg

alexander11.png

alexander11.jpg

Top Bottom