• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix - Blood of Bahamut

Dascu

Lost Fragment said:
Another fighting game?

Eh, pass. Cool music though.
Well it doesn't look like your typical fighting game (they're fighting the huge colossus from the artwork). And the screens don't provide too much info, it could be an (Action) RPG.

I'm certainly interested in seeing more on this.

vareon

Just saw the scans. Looks great, but I'm rather confused with the platform of choice, especially since it looks like we're fighting huge ass bosses. Consoles seems to be a better choice to me, unless the game really needs the dual/touch screen.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Dascu said:
Is that big statue in the back 3D?

The big statue in the back, which is 3d, is the boss enemy. It moves towards and away from the platform you are standing on. The main way you attack it is through long range attacks, but when it is close you can use melee.

I suspect the battlefield arenas will consist of multiple platform areas like this, and I'd say you either run around the boss in a circular fashion or you teleport from platform to platform so you can attack the boss from multiple angles.

vareon said:
Just saw the scans. Looks great, but I'm rather confused with the platform of choice, especially since it looks like we're fighting huge ass bosses. Consoles seems to be a better choice to me, unless the game really needs the dual/touch screen.

... or unless this is another 4 player local co-op game.

vareon

Stumpokapow said:
... or unless this is another 4 player local co-op game.

But it can also be done on Wii...in some way....or not...or I think you're right :lol

After Ring of Fates, then Echoes of Time, then this? Too bad I rarely play co-op so I don't think this game is meant for me :(

Dascu

In related news, scans for the other Famitsu stuff is coming out. New scans for Arc Rise Fantasia, Rune Factory Frontier, the Pikmin and Donkey Kong Wiimakes and a bigger scan for Blood of Bahamut.

Oh, and GameKyo posted this info:

- The game will feature two protagonists Ibuki and Yui.
- They live in a fortified city built on the back of a giant.
- The giant will wake up during an enemy attack, our heroes must fight and defend their city.
- Cooperative multiplayer mode for up to four players locally available.
- The game will be presented at Jump Festa expo in Japan at the end of the year.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Coop multiplayer will always be a plus to me. Nice to know it will be at Jump Festa.

SE has been pretty good lately about releasing their titles outside JP, so hopefully it makes it out at least by this time next year (or earlier).

while I wish this would have been a console game, if the game is fun, i guess it really doesnt matter.

Rei_Toei said:
Looks sweet, but the multiplayer has me worried - I hope it's gonna be fun playing singleplayer too.
Pretty much. I have no interest in co-op mulitplayer (especially if it's local) and so I hope for a good single player experience too.

-Kh-

Banned
The game looks great, nice to see they keep the art in-game.

However I hope the game will have enough variety, and that there is some kind of strategy involved (well it is a RPG after all), while fighting the giants. The story might be interesting as well.

PolyGone

Banned
duckroll said:
Cool logo. Can't say much else about it. At least the screenshots resemble the artwork. If it's really a 4 player action game on platforms where you just fight waves of enemies before striking at the giant when it comes close I can't say I'm very interested at all.

agreed, however it looks cool enough to warrant some interest until reality sets in once more info becomes available

speedpop said:
Not enough information to get excited over.

Huh? The part where we know next to nothing about the game is the part where one can legitimately get excited. Once we find out some actual information it'll turn out horribly disappointing and there the lamentations of maidenfolk shall pierce the air.

-Kh-

Banned
Dascu said:
Working on The Crystal Bearers.

Oh no, you didn't!

Leave Nomura out of here! FFCC:TCB is an Itahana game, Nomura has no time to screw up Crystal Chronicles and its wonderful charming art.

KTallguy

Banned
Looks very FF Crystal Chronicles esque.

Is every single company in Japan trying to make a Monster Hunter variant or what?

Darkpen

Banned
-Kh- said:
Oh no, you didn't!

Leave Nomura out of here! FFCC:TCB is an Itahana game, Nomura has no time to screw up Crystal Chronicles and its wonderful charming art.
but crystal bearers didn't even look like the original CC :/

(and you know I mean the revamped crystal bearers, not the one that was originally being planned)

On topic: like said above, not enough info to get excited. I'll wait for direct feed footage, and impressions on controls and gameplay mechanics.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
speedpop said:
Not enough information to get excited over.

It's a Square Enix game without Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest anywhere in the title.

I don't know about you, but that makes me giddy with anticipation.

Regulus Tera said:
It's a Square Enix game without Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest anywhere in the title.

I don't know about you, but that makes me giddy with anticipation.

Did you also felt that for IU?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It really does look like Bahamuth Lagoon. And according to Gamekyo it is on DS.

Anyway what happens when the giant moves? I mean do they have sealed toilets and nailed silverware?:p

zurra

shykyoichi said:
Doesn't matter. Square Enix published that, they didn't develop it.

This looks interesting, though. Eagerly awaiting some screenshots and videos.

Cedille said:
Whilst Nomura hate prevails so much, why GAF has no single Ryouma Ito hater except for me.

Because nobody's heard of him, so he's not popular enough to be hated by the cool kids on GAF.

-Kh-

Banned
Darkpen said:
but crystal bearers didn't even look like the original CC :/

(and you know I mean the revamped crystal bearers, not the one that was originally being planned)

On topic: like said above, not enough info to get excited. I'll wait for direct feed footage, and impressions on controls and gameplay mechanics.

I know it doesn't but just the premise of focusing on the single player game instead of multi, made it really interesting, the flying guy, however, was the least interesting to me.

Anyway gotta support all the other artists in SE if not then the world is going to be ruled by Nomura :lol

OT: just 2 more days to get more info about the game. The sire should open with some screenshots (hopefully a little teaser, and a little bit of info about the story and the gameplay.

If by any chance the site doesn't provide us with all of this, then Jump will.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Cedille said:
Whilst Nomura hate prevails so much, why GAF has no single Ryouma Ito hater except for me.
You haven't been on GAF very long have you? Actually the closest thing I've seen to a compliment to his art on here is that "he's getting better at it."

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
shykyoichi said:

Admittedly no because I got no 360 nor plan to get one at the moment.

But Square's new IPs on the DS? Totally sweet.

Cedille said:

Who?

-Kh-

Banned
Regulus Tera said:

Character designer of FFTA. TA2, RW and Heroes of Mana.

I remember posting an image of TA's Montblanc in the Dissidia thread, and the people started behaving idiotic.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I think it would be funny (and more logical) if they build that city on a supposedly normal landscape, then years later the colossus that was sleeping below awoke and "wat".

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Well, can't say much about the game judging from the pictures, but it looks interesting, at least.

Also, the text on the lower left picture reveals some kind of magnet skill that you seem to be able to use to "gather enemies and mow them down". It's likely that it is the depicted skill. If you can use it on the giant or not is uncertain, but the two hits on the left seem to suggest that it hits all surrounding enemies, giant included.

Wow. Talk about a LACK OF SCALE. This on the DS, though. (Which, I think, is kind of stupid for this kind of premise.)

Looks like it's running on the same engine as Revenant Wings?

zaxor0

I am a little confused on how this game works. I was watching the youtube video and is this like a beat em up of some sort + epic boss battles + rpg ?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
KTallguy said:
Looks very FF Crystal Chronicles esque.

Is every single company in Japan trying to make a Monster Hunter variant or what?

I'm not complaining. We need more portable multiplayer RPGs.

Dragona Akehi said:
This game is going to be neat.

I think that's safe to say.

Jackson

zaxor0 said:
I am a little confused on how this game works. I was watching the youtube video and is this like a beat em up of some sort + epic boss battles + rpg ?

Some exec at Square said:
Square Exec said:
"Hey my son liked SotC, let's do that, but the Square Way (tm)! You know, with overly cumbersome text menus and lots of belt buckles on the characters! And don't forget the dramatic CG! ^^

Oh also make sure it's on a profitable platform!
And that's how babies are made.

Top Bottom