• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix has an ethics department; Told the Final Fantasy 7 remake developers to "restrict" Tifa's chest

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I agree, instead of "REEEEEEing" they are "EEEEEEERing".
I'll call shit where shit needs to be called but it's a bit overkill sometimes.

I know.... Not precious about a bit of shitposting, but it kind of bothers me that this subject seems to have caused a bunch of inverse-Resetera type threads to pop up.

Polarity on the issue doesn't matter when the topic is so retarded. Its just tribalism.

Psykodad

Banned
Lol all this over some ingame boobies and to make it worse, it's a discussion about big boobs vs bigger boobs.

People need to step outside for a second. This is getting even more pathetic.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
You know, for the past few posts people had even stop bitching about the issue, talk about beating a dead horse. There's even 2 more threads about this before, I myself and couple others doesn't even care anymore - hype deflated a bit though, changes be damned.

Still if you guys want to continue, help yourselves.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
I have yet to see anything that shows Tifa being changed because of SJWs. The translation was debunked almost immediately when it was posted here. People are jumping at boogeymen in the shadows.

The translation was more accurate, yes, the fact of the matter is that it was still a design change imposed onto them from the "Ethics Department" whatever that may be.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The translation was more accurate, yes, the fact of the matter is that it was still a design change imposed onto them from the "Ethics Department" whatever that may be.

It wasn't imposed. It was suggested and the designers looked into that suggestion. As stated by the translation at that.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
That's a very particular "suggestion", don't you think?

No. I don't. A "particular suggestion" I would say would be removing the Honeybee Inn Scene entirely. Changing it so Tifa shows no skin or is built like a body builder - not simply adding a bloody sports bra.

Listen, I am all for fighting against censorship. I am one of the first to decry idiotic decisions made by companies and will actively fight with my money on that front. Hell, I am not buying CTR because they censored the trophy girls. This just isn't censorship and people are getting in a huffy over nothing.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
No. I don't. A "particular suggestion" I would say would be removing the Honeybee Inn Scene entirely. Changing it so Tifa shows no skin or is built like a body builder - not simply adding a bloody sports bra.

Listen, I am all for fighting against censorship. I am one of the first to decry idiotic decisions made by companies and will actively fight with my money on that front. Hell, I am not buying CTR because they censored the trophy girls. This just isn't censorship and people are getting in a huffy over nothing.

You understand that this "Ethics Department" "suggestion" falls in line with all the other "suggestions" that the SJW are pushing for in gaming? I mean they targeted Tifa and her breasts exclusively and the Honey Bee Inn scene which would be altered, this speaks to me what kind of mindset made those decisions and I really don't wish to see this continued.

Tabata at least kept to his principles..

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
You understand that this "Ethics Department" "suggestion" falls in line with all the other "suggestions" that the SJW are pushing for in gaming? I mean they targeted Tifa and her breasts exclusively and the Honey Bee Inn scene which would be altered, this speaks to me what kind of mindset made those decisions and I really don't wish to see this continued.

Tabata at least kept to his principles..

Nope. Most "suggestions" that come from SJW types are the complete removal of characters, scenes, costumes, and gameplay segments. The only thing people should be worried about right now is the Honeybee Inn scene like I had mentioned. Tifa isn't an issue here.

I agree, instead of "REEEEEEing" they are "EEEEEEERing".
I'll call shit where shit needs to be called but it's a bit overkill sometimes.

I really hope the Honeybee Inn isn't changed too much. It's wait and see at the moment.
The other problem is that some are quickly assuming the intent of censorship based on flimsy evidence.

This is unlike the situation with Sony’s censorship where there was a repeating pattern and corroborating comments from various Japanese developers. Heck, a Japanese publisher (D3) made a commercial mocking Sony. So while Sony hasn’t gone out and said “Yes, we are censoring Japanese games”, there is enough evidence to suggest that with 100% confidence.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
What's unreasonable with 36 DDD boobs, the ones she had in the original without bra support?

1. Her boobs weren't 36 DDD in the original game.
2. Polygons back in the PS1 era were all pointy and most people didn't look natural due to the limit of the graphics of the time.
3. Not giving her bra support would be stupid. It'll only make sense to do that for the horny 14-year-old virgin boys that's never touch a girl before and for the 40-year-old married men that haven't seen their wives naked in 10 years.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
1. Her boobs weren't 36 DDD in the original game.
2. Polygons back in the PS1 era were all pointy and most people didn't look natural due to the limit of the graphics of the time.
3. Not giving her bra support would be stupid. It'll only make sense to do that for the horny 14-year-old virgin boys that's never touch a girl before and for the 40-year-old married men that haven't seen their wives naked in 10 years.

1. Yes, they were, check her iddle fighting animation.
2. So what is unnatural about big breasts? Don't avoid the question.
3. So, being extremely offended by polygons is the sign of mental maturity past 8 years of old as it would seem...

mckmas8808

1. Yes, they were, check her iddle fighting animation.
2. So what is unnatural about big breasts? Don't avoid the question.
3. So, being extremely offended by polygons is the sign of mental maturity past 8 years of old as it would seem...

The unnatural part is having 36 DDD boobs on a woman that size "AND" her deciding to not wear a sports bra when she knows she'll be fighting all types of monsters on the journey. And the only people that are offended are the anti-SJW crowd and the guys that wanted to see swinging boobs bouncing so hard that they hit her in the face when she fights. Some of you are acting as if you wanted one of her summons to be a boob fight.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
The unnatural part is having 36 DDD boobs on a woman that size "AND" her deciding to not wear a sports bra when she knows she'll be fighting all types of monsters on the journey. And the only people that are offended are the anti-SJW crowd and the guys that wanted to see swinging boobs bouncing so hard that they hit her in the face when she fights. Some of you are acting as if you wanted one of her summons to be a boob fight.

Ι asked twice, give me a straight answer, what is wrong with a woman with big breasts fighting monsters? What is unnatural about it in this game? And keep your "no you" to yourself we have enough evidence to see who hates women in gaming and who not.

mckmas8808

Ι asked twice, give me a straight answer, what is wrong with a woman with big breasts fighting monsters? What is unnatural about it in this game? And keep your "no you" to yourself we have enough evidence to see who hates women in gaming and who not.

You don't seem to understand my point. Nothing is wrong with a big breasted woman fighting monsters. The problem is the whining babies that are doing 400% zoom on each screenshot and slowing down the video by 80% to see just how much bounce her boobs has and then getting mad that the boob bounce isn't up to DOA Beach Volleyball levels.

AGAIN......it's unnatural for a woman the size of Tifa to have 36 DDD boobs "AND" also decide to "NOT" wear a sports bra when she's going to be doing athletic activities. Don't forget that it's not just men creating these games. Women tend to know a thing or two about bras.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
You don't seem to understand my point. Nothing is wrong with a big breasted woman fighting monsters. The problem is the whining babies that are doing 400% zoom on each screenshot and slowing down the video by 80% to see just how much bounce her boobs has and then getting mad that the boob bounce isn't up to DOA Beach Volleyball levels.

AGAIN......it's unnatural for a woman the size of Tifa to have 36 DDD boobs "AND" also decide to "NOT" wear a sports bra when she's going to be doing athletic activities. Don't forget that it's not just men creating these games. Women tend to know a thing or two about bras.

What is the natural conclusion of a man or woman when he eats a sword through his chest? Or some bullets...or plasma fire to his or her face? Or when facing with a 40 ton robot?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
It's funny to watch how prosthetic-augmented women leading the charge in Battlefield V is okay because games about World War 2 don't have to be realistic, but goodness we can't have a busty chick fighting demon-possessed Hell Houses and Elfedunks and literal Ghost Ships! That wouldn't be realistic.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Fair, but wearing a sports bra or not is the least unrealistic part of the whole thing with you know taking on huge monsters and robots in a bare knuckles fight ;).

mckmas8808

Fair, but wearing a sports bra or not is the least unrealistic part of the whole thing with you know taking on huge monsters and robots in a bare knuckles fight ;).

True, but I think that's missing the point. I don't think the devs and ethics department are trying to say the whole game is realistic. I think they are just trying to get the character design for each main character right. They want the reimagining of each character to make sense. Barrett has an arm gun for goodness sake lol, of course, they aren't trying to make it 1 to 1 realistic to real life.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
True, but I think that's missing the point. I don't think the devs and ethics department are trying to say the whole game is realistic. I think they are just trying to get the character design for each main character right. They want the reimagining of each character to make sense. Barrett has an arm gun for goodness sake lol, of course, they aren't trying to make it 1 to 1 realistic to real life.

Yet, only Tifa's boobs were altered, it makes you think, doesn't it?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Yet, only Tifa's boobs were altered, it makes you think, doesn't it?

False. Cloud's entire physique was altered as well. Barret is no longer as buff/large as he was in the original. The only one who looks close to her original design would have been Aerith.

Oh no, Tifa's large breasts are only *slightly less large* because of a Sports Bra. You do realize how you sound exactly like the SJWs, right? You even use the same arguments.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
False. Cloud's entire physique was altered as well. Barret is no longer as buff/large as he was in the original. The only one who looks close to her original design would have been Aerith.

Oh no, Tifa's large breasts are only *slightly less large* because of a Sports Bra. You do realize how you sound exactly like the SJWs, right? You even use the same arguments.

9a2181c61d5c8f602d06e68a94226cfb.jpg

Put remake's Barret on the same lighting and they are same, except Barret now has longer legs and all others around him got resized tot their actual sizes so he does not stand out that much.

Javthusiast

Banned
Yes they changed her somewhat, thankfully she still looks pretty good.

Square should have kept their mouth shut about the changes and the ethics department and spare us all the back and forth.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
9a2181c61d5c8f602d06e68a94226cfb.jpg

Put remake's Barret on the same lighting and they are same, except Barret now has longer legs and all others around him got resized tot their actual sizes so he does not stand out that much.

"They are the same, except that they are different."

Which is the point. Each character had to be changed to fit the art direction they were going for in the modern remake. Tifa is no exception. It wasn't because of SJWs, no matter how desperately you want it to be.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
"They are the same, except that they are different."

Which is the point. Each character had to be changed to fit the art direction they were going for in the modern remake. Tifa is no exception. It wasn't because of SJWs, no matter how desperately you want it to be.

So no adressing how they are different? Please demonstrate so, sorry that Barrett is not twice Cloud's size with their 24cm height difference, but that's how real height work!

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
So no adressing how they are different? Please demonstrate so, sorry that Barrett is not twice Cloud's size with their 24cm height difference, but that's how real height work!

Why would I explain how they are different when you literally did just that in the previous post? You openly proved my point that they are different.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Lol all this over some ingame boobies and to make it worse, it's a discussion about big boobs vs bigger boobs.

People need to step outside for a second. This is getting even more pathetic.
You don't think it is worse to actively go into every single one of these topics, not contribute to said topic's conversation and just call others pathetic?
Gk3Ow5h.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Why would I explain how they are different when you literally did just that in the previous post? You openly proved my point that they are different.

The only difference is that Barret's in game model is not twice the size of Cloud's in-game model, everything else is the same on his physique.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

So her boobs not being too alluring / held firm by a sports bra is where realistic portrayal started and ended as they did not mind general realism issues and the fact that other characters are also not realistic... c’mon this is a puritanical / political choice: every time it is the same... if a character shows too much sex appeal even if overdone the answer is “oh come on, it is one character you are boobs obsessed” every time. Underlining it is an idea that sex appeal is somehow immoral and that exaggerated sex appeal portrayal is a cave man like anachronistic imagery that corrupts men and teaches that women are objects.

mckmas8808

Yes they changed her somewhat, thankfully she still looks pretty good.

Square should have kept their mouth shut about the changes and the ethics department and spare us all the back and forth.

The truth is 80% of the gaming public couldn't care less about this whole conversation. Only the most rabid 20% of gamers are really talking about this (I'm counting myself in the 20%).

So her boobs not being too alluring / held firm by a sports bra is where realistic portrayal started and ended as they did not mind general realism issues and the fact that other characters are also not realistic... c’mon this is a puritanical / political choice: every time it is the same... if a character shows too much sex appeal even if overdone the answer is “oh come on, it is one character you are boobs obsessed” every time. Underlining it is an idea that sex appeal is somehow immoral and that exaggerated sex appeal portrayal is a cave man like anachronistic imagery that corrupts men and teaches that women are objects.

Absolutely not! How do we know this same ethics group didn't talk about other design choices too? It's stupid to consider literally any boob size besides 36 DDD or more to be puritanical and political in nature. And yes you are boob obsessed (if you care this much). And it's silly to think Tifa has lost her sex appeal due to her slight change.

And YES, it is caveman like to only be attracted to exaggerated sexy characters. It makes you look bad and also makes you look immature. Some people have got to grow up! Like what you like, but the world doesn't have to bend to you just because you want face crushing boobs on your favorite video game characters.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The only difference is that Barret's in game model is not twice the size of Cloud's in-game model, everything else is the same on his physique.

...and a change in his disproportionate chest, waist, legs, arms, etc. He is still built, but not nearly to the point where he was in his original artwork. Cloud is more scrawny now than in his original artwork. I.E. They are different.

The truth is 80% of the gaming public couldn't care less about this whole conversation. Only the most rabid 20% of gamers are really talking about this (I'm counting myself in the 20%).

Absolutely not! How do we know this same ethics group didn't talk about other design choices too? It's stupid to consider literally any boob size besides 36 DDD or more to be puritanical and political in nature. And yes you are boob obsessed (if you care this much). And it's silly to think Tifa has lost her sex appeal due to her slight change.

And YES, it is caveman like to only be attracted to exaggerated sexy characters. It makes you look bad and also makes you look immature. Some people have got to grow up! Like what you like, but the world doesn't have to bend to you just because you want face crushing boobs on your favorite video game characters.

You really should have stopped after the bolded, mate.

Last edited:

This is a video game though. It's fiction. You know, that thing where real world effects have no meaning beyond what the creator desires?

Whenever people argue that in a very fantastical/stylized/unrealistic game that something is bad because it's not realistic, the only way they can function is to pretend that they don't see everything else in the game that is unrealistic. The reason they don't target those other unrealistic things is because they like them or at the very least don't have any issue with them.

You probably like that Cloud swings around a huge sword to take down monsters.

You probably like that Barret has a cool gun arm that can shoot cool projectiles.

You probably like that Tifa can uppercut monsters many times her size.

Those are all cool things, but they're all unrealistic so why don't you have a problem with those? They all match the criteria of being bad because they are "unrealistic" but you don't make any argument for them? Why is that?

That's because the "realism" argument is a proxy for the actual argument. That the user doesn't like something for whatever particular reason, but they don't think that their argument can stand on its own so they claim that the reason something is bad is because of "realism" believing that this will grant their argument more levity.

In reality the only thing it demonstrates is that you either have a severe case of tunnel vision or may not be past the developmental age whereby you can differentiate between reality and fiction.

It's okay not to like whatever size of breasts you're currently imagining. Just say that. Just say that you don't like those aesthetics, or that they're not your preference or whatever. I tell you this because this argument is about as convincing as that guy that said shooting yourself in the head gives you magic powers. Obviously flawed despite the earnest insistence that it works.

mckmas8808

You really should have stopped after the bolded, mate.

You don't think it's shallow to be upset with developers slightly decreasing the size of a female character's bust size? And also to act as if it's just PC culture and puritian like thinking?

This is a video game though. It's fiction. You know, that thing where real world effects have no meaning beyond what the creator desires?

Whenever people argue that in a very fantastical/stylized/unrealistic game that something is bad because it's not realistic, the only way they can function is to pretend that they don't see everything else in the game that is unrealistic. The reason they don't target those other unrealistic things is because they like them or at the very least don't have any issue with them.

In reality the only thing it demonstrates is that you either have a severe case of tunnel vision or may not be past the developmental age whereby you can differentiate between reality and fiction.

It's okay not to like whatever size of breasts you're currently imagining. Just say that. Just say that you don't like those aesthetics, or that they're not your preference or whatever. I tell you this because this argument is about as convincing as that guy that said shooting yourself in the head gives you magic powers. Obviously flawed despite the earnest insistence that it works.

1. Why do you need her boobs to be bigger?
2. Why don't you want devs to make the characters that they want?
3. It's possible to like 36 DDD boobs, but also be okay with the same character having a 34 D size bust.

Last edited:
3. It's possible to like 36 DDD boobs, but also be okay with the same character having a 34 D size bust.

1. Quote me where I said this.
2. Quote me where I said this.
3. Don't really see anything wrong with this statement.

If you think I'm being dismissive with the first two, it's only because I'm not interested in replying to things I never actually said.

It's like if I replied to you with these questions.

1. Why do you hate women?
2. Why do you want to enslave developers?
3. Why do you hate life?

I wouldn't bother expecting you to answer these because they are pretty ridiculous and you never expressed these beliefs in your posts.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
You don't think it's shallow to be upset with developers slightly decreasing the size of a female character's bust size? And also to act as if it's just PC culture and puritian like thinking?

I think it is silly to whine about Tifa's bust size given what happened and what was changed (almost nothing). However, you openly called people cavemen for being attracted to exaggerated sexy characters and referred to *them* as immature. You can make a point without coming across as a hypocritical ass.

Psykodad

Banned
You don't have to. That's the thing.
Nor do you need to get triggered. They're if-the-shoe-fits type comments.

So you go on 2 different threads demeaning people on a topic "you don't care" about? Awesome!
If I happen to enter two threads and see something I feel like responding to, then yeah, I make comments.
That's what forums are for.

Anyway, this popped up on my youtube recommendations:

Kasumi70

Neo Member

I don't care about you argument anymore. People like you make me sick, you can not have a discussion without inserting people.

Last edited:
Top Bottom