• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix reveals TGS 2014 booth map

Toth

I will never forgive the shit they did to Hope in Chapter 11 "Oh.. let me just forget all my character development so we can fight my Eidolon also guys we have to go to Oerba I know this trust me"

That is not true though.
Hope did have a lot of development (as much as a teenager can) and became the push behind the party but between the end of Chapter 10 and Chapter 11, I believe a week passes and the team finds nothing on Pulse that can help them. Combined with his brand growing and no 'hope' in sight, its not uncommon for teenagers (hell, even adults) to start despairing. I mean, character growth does not mean he will not make mistakes in the future. It's this brief despair that ends up helping the party to understand that Eidolons are not summoned to kill C'Lie but help bring them back to the right path.

As Oerba, it is the only destination Vanille and Fang know on Pulse and there was hope that people were still there that could help them understand their brands and the situation better. Without Oerba as a goal, the party would just sit around and wait to turn Ceith.

no...I'd say FFXV is more likely to happen than XIII-4,5,6...

mlp_ff_xiii_137.jpg

Reveirg

More seriously, does SE have a history of giving entire booths to smartphone ports like DQIV? Seems like padding.

The TGS S-E maps have gotten quite depressing in recent years. It does feel like padding, but it's not a first and I think we have to get used to it =(.

Exentryk

Square → Square Enix → SmartPhone Enix

Mobile titles get full booths, while console titles are MIA.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Square → Square Enix → SmartPhone Enix

Mobile titles get full booths, while console titles are MIA.

I don't really see the problem with Chaos Rings or something getting a booth, it's that DQIV is just a straight port from what I've seen.

HeelPower

FFXV in Japan :)
believe

I honestly don't think that's happening.

Dragon Quest heroes is the game that's taking center spot in SE's japanese lineup.

PS4 bundle, soonish release date and a franchise that's really big over there.This game is their stepping stone to FFXV's release.

FFXV is a game that needs an extensive marketing campaign and a better install base(to be established by DQ).Less than a year seems too little for it especially when PS4 isn't doing as well as it could in Japan...

Idk FFXV in 2015 is unlikely,unless there is some huge blow out at TGS.

Falk

that puzzling face
Tabata did go on record saying Type-0 HD was in significant part meant to help out with the PS4 install base.

How much that applies to the Japanese market especially when the PSP game has been out for 3 years, we'll find out I guess.

Famassu

Dragon Quest heroes is the game that's taking center spot in SE's japanese lineup.

PS4 bundle, soonish release date and a franchise that's really big over there.This game is their stepping stone to FFXV's release.

FFXV is a game that needs an extensive marketing campaign and a better install base(to be established by DQ).Less than a year seems too little for it especially when PS4 isn't doing as well as it could in Japan...

FFXV doesn't have to have a huge blow out at TGS for it to have a 2015 release. FFXIII (actual gameplay & story stuff) was first shown at Jump Festa 2008 in the final weeks of 2008 with a secret mega theater video, but they didn't have a huge blow out of info until Fall 2009, just 2-3 months prior to the game's release. They'll probably have to do a bit bigger & earlier for the huge blow out with FFXV than 2-3 months before release, but TGS isn't really the deadline "if FFXV is not there, then 2015 release is completely out of the question", especially as we now know that SQEX still has Dragon Quest Heroes & FFType-0 HD that they'll release prior to FFXV with some majority importance in building up install base so that FFXV could have even a remote possibility of selling a healthy 2+ million copies in Japan alone. So they might hold off to promoting FFXV for a while still, again... -_-

Tabata did go on record saying Type-0 HD was in significant part meant to help out with the PS4 install base.

How much that applies to the Japanese market especially when the PSP game has been out for 3 years, we'll find out I guess.
Type-0 HD is much more about building PS4 install base in Japan than it is outside Japan. PS4Bone are doing well enough outside Japan already (well, PS4 more than Xbone), so FFXV's success in NA, Europe & elsewhere isn't necessarily quite as dependent on SQEX building fanbase early as it is in Japan. Consoles are a dying breed over there so they need to do everything to try to make the install base as big as possible. In the west, PS4 is already selling really well and Xbone might be gaining some steam so the install base should be in a healthy state for a release of FFXV's caliber by 2015/2016.

Mario007

Considering that if FFXV released in Autumn or Winter 2015 PS4 would already receive all the titles shown at the pre-TGS conference this year, one of which is DQ Heroes which will be a big system seller (at least for the bundle), Type-0 which should do quite well...well there really isn't much more Square can do to increase PS4's userbase. Nevermind the fact that PS4 should be at around 25 million WW by that point if not more. The userbase argument doesn't really stand in that situation in my opinion.
Also let's not forget to what highs did the FFXIII release elevate the poorly performing PS3 in Japan.

Pachimari

I just started playing Final Fantasy XIII on PS3. I'm a little over 1 hour in and it's super awesome.

I'll play X/X-2 and XII after.

I just can't best Final Fantasy games. I have all of them but can't best them.

I was thinking this but DQ heroes is coming quite early (spring 2015). FF type 0 HD should be out by August 2015 as well. I would of though SE would prime FF Type 9 for the holidays. Theres a very small possibility for FFXV to appear in late 2015 in Japan.

HeelPower

well I agree that FFXV itself could be the one to push the japanese installbase instead of waiting for it to grow and maybe ,just a tiny possibility, that skipping TGS won't endanger the game's marketing.

btw if it shows up at all, where do you guys expect it to be shown ? Sony's conference ? SE's own thing at TGS ?

A small KH3 tid bit could be possible with KH2.5 though so who knows.

In any case I don't think its coming.If it does I'll be surprised.Even less likely because of DQ heroes.

well I agree that FFXV itself could be the one to push the japanese installbase instead of waiting for it to grow and maybe ,just a tiny possibility, that skipping TGS won't endanger the game's marketing.

btw if it shows up at all, where do you guys expect it to be shown ? Sony's conference ? SE's own thing at TGS ?

In any case I don't think its coming.If it does I'll be surprised.Even less likely because of DQ heroes.

a teaser of 1st Production Department Conference ?

Not at the Sony conference. I highly doubt there will new stuff at the asia one. If there was a FFXV trailer to be shown at a conference they would have shown it at the pre TGS conference.

How did Versus reveal its TGS trailer? Probably similar to that. Se also did something in January (I think 2011) where they released a bunch of trailers (I remember the words 1st production). My memory's a bit fuzzy.

HeelPower

Not at the Sony conference. I highly doubt there will new stuff at the asia one. If there was a FFXV trailer to be shown at a conference they would have shown it at the pre TGS conference.

How did Versus reveal its TGS trailer? Probably similar to that. Se also did something in January (I think 2011) where they released a bunch of trailers (I remember the words 1st production). My memory's a bit fuzzy.

I guess there is a slim chance something might happen.

The 1st production thing felt like a one off thing.I don't recall it ever happening other than in 2011.

But I could be wrong..lol

Vashetti

Banned
Hey Kagari, how likely is FFXII to get the HD treatment? Are they interested in doing it?

Are they happy with the FFX/X-2 HD sales?

Top Bottom