• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix reveals TGS 2014 booth map

OmegaDL50

So what are we looking at now?

Type-0 HD = 2015
FFXIII HD Collection = 2016
FFXIV Expansion = 2017
FFXV = 2018
KH3 = 2019

Does this sound about right? Am I too early on those dates for XV and KH3? They'll come out with some new original Lightning game before those using the FFXIII assets, right?

LzaHLVG.jpg

Blaarg, if that ever happens.

Why would you even fathom the idea.

*I don't know who made the above image, but I'm not sure if it fits in this example, or what it ever eluded to so don't take it seriously.

HeelPower

at least Kojima shows sometihng that looks playable(but not to the public) including this tgs.

come on Nomura just release FFXV PROGOLUS for $40

don't give them ideas :DDDD

Kojima is the only one doing it right after that stupid Phantom Pain stunt from a while back.

He is the premier Japanese developer.No doubt about it.

His game has had consistent showing and is going to be innovative in many ways for the MGS series.It also sets a really high standard technically at 1080 60fps open world game.

No to mention the amazing marketing and game design behind the Playable Teaser.

If only everyone in Japan was like Kojima-san.

HeelPower

they did it with dissidia 012 and most of us bought FF7ACC for the FFXIII demo.

A demo must be released.

lol @ The PROLOGUS part.

That's exactly how SE would name it.

@kagari is something XIII related really happening ?

I have a hard thinking anything would happen considering LR's performance.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
lol @ The PROLOGUS part.

That's exactly how SE would name it.

@kagari is something XIII related really happening ?

I have a hard thinking anything would happen considering LR's performance.

No, and after LR bombed off the face of the planet SE would be pretty dumb to try and get people to buy those games again.

Wilsongt

No, and after LR bombed off the face of the planet SE would be pretty dumb to try and get people to buy those games again.

Poor, Toriyama... Crying into his Lightning pillow nightly because we all couldn't accept the Goddess as our savior...

SE doing a dumb thing?

Then is basically confirmed.

Edit: Lol, just imagining they can skip XII HD to make XIII trilogy.....oh lol....

T_T

HeelPower

Technically speaking we haven't seen an original concept related to FF since 2006.

FFXV is still FNC related.

The closest we have come to that was in Agni's Philosophy.

Honestly, I sometimes wished that Versus would be cancelled at E32013 just so we can be done with it all.

I was hoping AP would be the next chapter in the series. Versus was such a disappointment to follow.

original_b.jpg

But obviously this was nothing but a techdemo and the cycle restarted with Versus and FNC.

OmegaDL50

Yoshida save us ;-;.

Don't worry Kagari.

Things will work out...

For all our sakes. I surely hope so.

Oh by the way, which Yoshida do you want to save us?

Akihiko Yoshida the creator of Vaan, or Naoki Yoshida of FFXIV fame.

I just hope some secret SE employee isn't reading this topic and decides that we need more Vaan. (well if it leads to a FFXII HD Remaster, maybe that'll be good thing?)

Don't worry Kagari.

Things will work out...

I just hope some secret SE employee isn't reading this topic and decides that we need more Vaan. (well if it leads to a FFXII HD Remaster, maybe that'll be good thing?)

Naoki Yoshida is the only director/producer at SE capable of releasing large scale projects on time (well FF XIV ARR got a delay, but 100% understandable).

So, yeah in YoshiP we believe

(Also the other Yoshida no longer works at SE)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Don't worry Kagari.

Things will work out...

Akihiko Yoshida also works on FF14 :).

Falk

that puzzling face
I hate to shit on everyone's cake but just a reminder that you're all insane if you think Lightning won't show up in some form in KH3.

That's a few years away though, at least!

BumRush

You mean to tell me they have NO new gameplay to show since that (surprisingly awesome) leviathan trailer / walk through? I don't buy it. Gameplay shows up at the show!!!

Believe.

Technically speaking we haven't seen an original concept related to FF since 2006.

FFXV is still FNC related.

The closest we have come to that was in Agni's Philosophy.

Honestly, I sometimes wished that Versus would be cancelled at E32013 just so we can be done with it all.

I was hoping AP would be the next chapter in the series. Versus was such a disappointment to follow.

But obviously this was nothing but a techdemo and the cycle restarted with Versus and FNC.

What we've of seen XV shows that it is new in style and gameplay compared to previous FFs despite being related to FNC.

Besides I want to see other takes on FNC. XV could be as different to XIII as Type-0 is when it comes to the myth.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I hate to shit on everyone's cake but just a reminder that you're all insane if you think Lightning won't show up in some form in KH3.

That's a few years away though, at least!

Yeah but by then there will hopefully had been a sizable gap. Lightning has been at the front of SE since 2006 and that's just too long.

A FFXIII HD Collection would be sooo nice. Imagine those hairs in 1080p, imagine the Goddess in 60 fps or that beautiful storytelling that only the brilliant mind of Lord Toriyama-sama could bring to us, mere humans.

Even Kagari will buy 13 copies. I'm a insider too, I know.

please be excited

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
A FFXIII HD Collection would be sooo nice. Imagine those hairs in 1080p, imagine the Goddess in 60 fps or that beautiful storytelling that only the brilliant mind of Lord Toriyama-sama could bring to us, mere humans.

Even Kagari will buy 13 copies. I'm a insider too, I know.

please be excited

@________________________________@

JoJoSono

Banned
A FFXIII Trilogy port would be very nice. XIII already looks fantastic and would be awesome to play again with a few upgrades. XIII-2 and LR suffer from a lack of polish, would be nice to up the framerate and image quality on those 2.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
What would be the point even of 60fps in a game like FF13. So you can tap auto-battle at just the right level of responsiveness? I guess FF13-2 and 3 would make sense in a technical fashion because they ran like dog shit even at 30, but lets be real, nobody really cares about a trilogy pack of these games.

Toth

LR did just fine for itself last time we discussed this rationally >.> Nothing earth shattering but there were still a million or so Lightning fans WW out there who bought it. Besides, LR is a completely different game than FF13 and FF13-2. In fact, does FF13 even need a HD remaster??? The game still looks absolutely gorgeous to this day.

At the end of the press conference Ito comes in on a zipline revealing the project he's been secretly working on for years and shows a short teaser for it, the letter "X-V-I" appear during the trailer.

Hype.

KoopaTheCasual

I've been going back and forth in my mind if FFXV will actually show up with any form of update. Hashimoto did say the game would get an update before the end of the year, and isn't this the last show where the game could possibly be?

They've avoided outright lying (but have been wholly disingenuous; remember more frequent updates), so I expect them to at least address FFXV in a serious manner this go around.

HeelPower

What we've of seen XV shows that it is new in style and gameplay compared to previous FFs despite being related to FNC.

Besides I want to see other takes on FNC. XV could be as different to XIII as Type-0 is when it comes to the myth.

don't get me wrong I am really really really excited for FFXV.

It better that they utilizing concepts that look really promising rather than scrapping everything and starting from zero.

In addition we hardly how the final game is going to be so its more or less a totally new game.

But I guess we'll have to wait for next gen to get something 100% new from scratch..

I've been going back and forth in my mind if FFXV will actually show up with any form of update. Hashimoto did say the game would get an update before the end of the year, and isn't this the last show where the game could possibly be?

They've avoided outright lying (but have been wholly disingenuous; remember more frequent updates), so I expect them to at least address FFXV in a serious manner this go around.

IIRC, the first scans we got with actual gameplay screenshots of FFXIII were released around Jump Festa 2008. Pretty much a year before the launch (in Japan).

So, maybe they are going the same route. Just a guess, in any case.

Top Bottom