• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix shares new info and art for 'Return to Ivalice' (FFXIV content)

Link.

img_0203ffo3w.jpg

The update’s key artwork was showcased, featuring characters that definitely look like Ramza and Delita from Final Fantasy Tactics.

img_0204q6ptd.jpg

Return to Ivalice will be the new alliance raid written by Yasumi Matsuno with bosses designed by Keita Amemiya.

img_0205r6r3e.jpg

img_020685q7b.jpg

img_0207g2o6b.jpg

img_020862rhk.jpg

More artwork related to the raid and the design of a boss were revealed. Matsuno-san actually shown a picture of the raid as a tease on his smartphone. The city shown is Rabanastre from Final Fantasy XII.

img_02097wq3q.jpg

Part of Ivalice will be implemented in a way within Final Fantasy XIV, located in Dalmasca, north of Othard, where you can find Rabanastre. It’s basically going to work as a sort of theme park within the game. The team working on it is made by big fans of the game sets in Ivalice, so they’re working very hard to recreate the atmosphere and characters carefully.

Other patch related things at the link.

Fraxin

The legend returns.

That's the name for the patch, or because Matsuno returned to FF?

Probably the name of the patch.

Well, Cloud, Balthier, and Luso made their way into FFT's Ivalice. I guess Ramza and Delita are going to make their way into FFXIV! Hopefully it's their post-ending selves.

They've gotten so slow with updates I'm not even bothering to sub again until near the end of Stormblood to finish the story.

Heartfyre

The legend returns.

That's the name for the patch, or because Matsuno returned to FF?

Probably the name of the patch.

Patch names usually have multiple meanings in different contexts. For the MSQ, I'm guessing it's the return of
Gosetsu
. It's also the beginning of the next Hildebrand quest line, the return of Ivalice/Matsuno, the return of Bahamut fights etc.

So much Ivalice love. The resurrection that needed to happen. If only I can get Tactics on Switch now please. SE needs to keep Matsuno close!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This is going to be fucking insane. I can't wait for 4.1.

FFXV gets ramen hats and AC cross branding promos.
FFXIV gets Matsuno.
One's a single-player RPG getting free updates. The other's an MMORPG that operates through the selling of expansion packs and paid subscriptions.

What, no. It's 60 bucks.

bought ff14 at launch > 60 >bought heavensward > 40 > bought stormblood > 40 more.

you only get it for 60 if you somehow find the original ff14 ARR for 20 bucks.(new)and even then i dont think its physically possible to get to stormblood endgame in the first month lol so make that 75

and by that logic you can find ff15 for like 30 or so

duckroll

So excited for this content. Final Fantasy XIV really is one of the best games in the series, I feel sorry for the people who turn their noses up at it because it's an MMO. Missing out on a great story, and just an overall great experience.

If anyone does end up interested, however... Head over to the FFXIV thread in community and join us. We have one of the largest [NA] Free Companies on the server, and we're very active and willing to help new players.

hah...well didnt know about that since i bought each expansion individually .
though some of my point still stands. 60 is its price after multiple years and expansions and 15 bucks sub is still a thing.
ffxv will probably cost next to nothing after 2-3 years and that will pretty much include cost of all dlc.

this is less about what the end consumer is paying right now and more about how much its taken to get the devs to deliver content like this, to the point where its simply unreasonable to expect something like 14's expansion content in ffxv for free

laoni

Interesting they call it a theme park, for the lore at least.

The artwork of Rabanastre is a wrecked ruin, but the photo shot of the raid is looking pretty idyllic. Maybe we've got some time travelling/reality warping/etc. shenanigans going on?

We might find out more about Livia too, she was known as the 'Witch of Dalmasca' in the JPN version

I'm interested to see where this goes.

Buttons

I wonder what they mean by theme park, does not mean we can enter Rabanastre as a location and it's not just a raid dungeon? :O That would be amazing.

Kudo

Seems pretty intense, can't wait for this.
Also people with no time/money, FFXIV has free trial up to level 30 with no time limit, what are you waiting for? It's the best FF in centuries.
Just take your time with the trial and decide whether you want to continue the story after that.

duckroll

I wonder what they mean by theme park, does not mean we can enter Rabanastre as a location and it's not just a raid dungeon? :O That would be amazing.

FFXIV is a "theme park" style MMO, like World of Warcraft. It's a term people use to refer to different types of MMOs. Return to Ivalice is just a raid.

laoni

Yeah, I wonder...

On stream, they said this art was Rabanastre

http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Screenshot-9_2_2017-8_22_01-AM.jpg

But then we also got this screenshot for the raid, which they said was also Rabanastre

http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Screenshot-9_2_2017-8_25_22-AM.jpg

Which is decidedly not a wrecked city sinking into the sand.

It kinda looks like there's a duty list to the far right, but, it's really hard to tell

dramatis

What if Rabanastre is a brief hub area to access the actual raid, like they did with Omega.

They might even add a fishing spot

FFXIV is a "theme park" style MMO, like World of Warcraft. It's a term people use to refer to different types of MMOs. Return to Ivalice is just a raid.

a themepark that requires you to go through all the old rides multiple times before it lets you onto the newer set of rides.
So if youre going for that avatar ride, good luck coz youre gonna do pirates of carribean 50 times before that

I never learn

Buttons

Oh I know duckroll,I've been playing FFXIV since beta. Just wondered how Return to Ivalice would function, was hoping Rabanastre would be some sort of hub where we access the quests and can enter the raid from, but still a place we can enter and hang out in. In contrast to how it worked in the past with Crystal Tower or Dun Scaith.

Garlador

a themepark that requires you to go through all the old rides multiple times before it lets you onto the newer set of rides.
So if youre going for that avatar ride, good luck coz youre gonna do pirates of carribean 50 times before that

I never learn

I honestly don't know why people do this.

Just... don't do it. I don't. I've always had plenty of things to do without grinding the same dungeons over and over. I'll do a dungeon multiple times only if I like it, and only as different classes.

But you don't want to do that one raid over and over? Join a FATE party. Dabble in some Palace of the Dead. Do some PvP and Frontline stuff. Chill out at the Grand Saucer. Do some alternate Class Quests. Do some Hunts. There's almost always a timed holiday quest.

I get that some people want all the best stuff as soon as it's available, but I've enjoyed the game at my own pace and almost never repeat content and I've never straggled behind for too long. 95% of the dungeon's I've only done once.

The only exception I can think of is turning level sync off and going to town on old Primals to get their mounts. I enjoyed collecting those, but they don't benefit my character level or gear at all.

Top Bottom