• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix teasing new PS4 title - Project Code Z [It's Minna de Spelunker Z, F2P]

Zil33184

We already know Sony is more synonymous with Japanese audience. If you have an anime character in your icon on GAF, its about 50 percent more likely you game on Playstation than on Xbox in most cases.

I'm just wondering what level of sales SE need to reach in order to justify developing it for both consoles. Pre-E3 speculation was that it was PS4 exclusive and since that didn't end up being the case I assume they expect it to do well on Xbox.

cat-trainmnb06.gif

Lol

Ha ha

I was expecting his face to be put on the cat but that's much better.

De_Legend

Banned
Sakaguchi is too busy forming a team that will focus solely on making Jrpgs for the PlayStation. This team, will of course, also include Uematsu and Amano, and will be first party.

I don't see him doing Chrono Break anytime soon.

Sakaguchi forming a team for PS games?

Oh, Irony.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Well yea, of course they paid money but I'm saying that those two other factors also helped things move along. I mean, if it was just money, why not just do it again?

Because MS paid out the ass, and doesn't consider Japan a worthy cause to win for the price. For JRPG's they are content with the ones that come to XB1 by default because of their install base in the world market.

It wasn't just SE, but Bannamu, newly formed at the time Mistwalker and even Cavia at one point.

Heck, I think the reason that the best they could get was TR (and timed, not even fully exclusive) was because that's the only one that bit on the bait. They probably went around and no one wanted to make their games exclusive to the X1, or maybe not for a reasonable price (or one MS was willing to pay). SE being the shortsighted company it is probably thought it a good idea.

Its possible.

I mean, compare the TR deal to something like SFV, which Sony specificially secured exclusive, forever (and even put it on PC at the same time, unlike TR).

Well with that, its because MS only paid with money that its timed. They wanted an exclusive for the holidays, so they went to SE who was already making the game, had it fully funded themselves and said "delay the PC and PS4 versions with this money i am giving you to make our platform more attractive"

With Sony at the helm, they(Sony) are actually developing the game with Capcom, and paying for the game itself atleast partially, and publishing it most likely along with making USF4 themselves. That by default keeps it off of the competitor's platforms. Then there's cross play to think about...

Sakaguchi is too busy forming a team that will focus solely on making Jrpgs for the PlayStation. This team, will of course, also include Uematsu and Amano, and will be first party.

I don't see him doing Chrono Break anytime soon.
Mate, you're worse than I am thinking that the jRPG AAA Verendus hyped for Studio Japan is the Legend of Dragoon reboot game I've been waiting for.

lol at the guy in here who is disappointed SE is putting more games on PS than X1. Where were you the last two generations? :D

Kain

LOL

Also are you just kidding or is there some truth on the bolded one?

Just kidding, but hey, do you expect anything else? Just wait for the price, 20$ for a port of a bad port done in who knows how many lazy afternoons. If the music is in midi format I'll cry tears of happiness.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Mate, you're worse than I am thinking that the jRPG AAA Verendus hyped for Studio Japan is the Legend of Dragoon reboot game I've been waiting for.

Why are you bringing up painful memories? You should know better than to hurt other people's emotions like that

Rymuth

lol at the guy in here who is disappointed SE is putting more games on PS than X1. Where were you the last two generations? :D
I agree it's a silly notion but to be fair to him, I've seen one or two,posts championing KH3 and Type-0 as example of RPGs.

Combine that with Phil Spencer's promise of RPGs coming to Xbone and its easy to see how shocked one might be when reality sets in.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I seem to recall you saying "This is won't be the last time" about the SFV exclusivity. Were you, perhaps, referring to this or something else?

Or perhaps you could just see that far ahead. :3

I was referring to Japanese games.

Why are you bringing up painful memories? You should know better than to hurt other people's emotions like that
Look at my username. This hurts me more than you.
I agree it's a silly notion but to be fair to him, I've seen one or two,posts championing KH3 and Type-0 as example of RPGs.

Combine that with Phil Spencer's promise of RPGs coming to Xbone and its easy to see how shocked one might be when reality sets in.
I`m sure he was talking about RPG, he forgot to add the W in front of it though. :D

Does Kagari live in Japan? He (or she) seems to know a lot about over there, I even get the impression of some inside information.

So we have an emphasis on the Z, some images of environments, and the letters "msz" in the url. These must all mean something (and is enough to eliminate half the ridiculous things people are hoping for in this thread).

I`m sure he was talking about RPG, he forgot to add the W in front of it though. :D

Does Kagari live in Japan? He (or she) seems to know a lot about over there, I even get the impression of some inside information.

She's been known to know some things about FF/SE, but I don't know to what extent.

BumRush

Logically, I'd think this is 12HD...

The platform makes sense, the Z could stand for Zodiac and it's about time to announce it...buuuuuut those images don't look very FF12 to me at all.

Logically, I'd think this is 12HD...

The platform makes sense, the Z could stand for Zodiac and it's about time to announce it...buuuuuut those images don't look very FF12 to me at all.

I like the connection of the Z for Zodiac, but yeah the images don't give me FFXII vibes (not even vibes of XII's concept art). I'm thinking this is a suppose to be for a new game rather than a re-release of some kind.

Cornbread78

She's been known to know some things about FF/SE, but I don't know to what extent.

I'm pretty sure she runs a website pretty much dedicated to jrpg fans and has some "ins" with Japanese devs. She just doesn't go around flaunting or teasing it...

Biker19

Banned
Are you really that surprised? This isn't the end.

If Japanese games are your thing, avoid the X1 because that thing isn't going to get any better support wise. KH3 and FFXV are coming, as are other big titles like MGSV but outside of that I think it'll be very slim pickings.

These. If you're a big fan of Japanese 3rd party games, it's wise to just stick to Nintendo's products & Playstation products.

Ramza

Banned
Even then the wiiu is missing out on a bunch of third party games the ps4 is grtting

For home consoles, Playstation has long been the home of Japanese games. For handhelds, though, it's 3DS all the way (although seeing a lot of Vita niche love makes me happy)

Verendus said xenosaga hd collection exists
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Ugh, that post of his was torture. It was too fanfic-y. Probably padded real stuff with fake stuff, so who the hell knows what from it we can take, but I don't want to get my hopes up for Xenosaga HD, it'll be crushing if it doesn't happen.

Yes, one was from Sony's Japan Studio and the other was from a studio that he wasn't allowed to name. I assume this the latter.

So i guess this is it. If i remember correctly, he seemed pretty excited and it seemed like it would be a pretty big or decent third party game for the ps4.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Any particular reason why "P" & "O" are highlighted?
Also why where the Z from? looks like 7 to me.

Top Bottom