• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix teasing new PS4 title - Project Code Z [It's Minna de Spelunker Z, F2P]

KoopaTheCasual

Sakaguchi is too busy forming a team that will focus solely on making Jrpgs for the PlayStation. This team, will of course, also include Uematsu and Amano, and will be first party.

I don't see him doing Chrono Break anytime soon.
Waaaaait a second, hold the phone. How did I miss this news? Do you have a link of him talking about this, or is this just speculation? Because, this seems like pretty serious news.

Cornbread78

This site? And yeah, Verendus is more talkative when it comes to SE stuff.

Looks about right, I couldn;t remember which one it was...

Verendus said xenosaga hd collection exists
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Man, it would be absolutely amazing if that did happen, but I think with everything going on with Mistwalker/Bamco/Nintendo etc, it just won't happen. Maybe they can put it out on PS4 and Wii-U as a joint effort, but that is highly doubtful as well. Add in the fact that dies off in sales by the third:

est. NPD ltd numbers:
Xenosaga Episode I - 514,401
Xenosaga Episode II - 290,653
Xenosaga Episode III - 122,556

I would love to see it though...

#projectKosMos

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I want it to be dq11 so we can finally get a legit successor to dq8.

But this is square.. I have no faith in this company to do the right thing. Ever.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It's animated. Every single letter and number gets highlighted at some point. It is clearly a Z.
See that's what happens when you don't click the link, Thanks

Just thinking out loud,I wish they would remake Parasite Eve

Waaaaait a second, hold the phone. How did I miss this news? Do you have a link of him talking about this, or is this just speculation? Because, this seems like pretty serious news.

Should have added this '':p'' at the end. I thought my statement was too out there to be taken seriously.

I'm just exteriorising my hopes and dreams, futile as they are.

Cornbread78

Well that's no fun. And yea, Sakaguchi still doesn't care for the PS brand anymore, so I thought that would be really really strange.

I think he beef was with Kenny K and all the issues that arrose from He "Final Fantasy Spirits Within" No idea pst that. Ken is long gone and he has cozied up with MS now. Who know though, maybe is out sipping pina colada's and body surfing in Hawaii at this point. That of he is already knee deep in his MS sequel...

I think he beef was with Kenny K and all the issues that arrose from He "Final Fantasy Spirits Within" No idea pst that. Ken is long gone and he has cozied up with MS now. Who know though, maybe is out sipping pina colada's and body surfing in Hawaii at this point. That of he is already knee deep in his MS sequel...

That doesn't seem wise at this moment.

So, when SE had the world's attention at PSX, they had the choice of revealing this or FFVII Re. They chose FF VII.

That should tell you all you need to know about this game.

JoJoSono

Banned
So, when SE had the world's attention at PSX, they had the choice of revealing this or FFVII Re. They chose FF VII.

That should tell you all you need to know about this game.
You mean the same PSX where they chose not to show new footage of FF15 or the first footage of 15 in English, which instead was just thrown up randomly on Youtube.

Yeah, that dosen't say anything about what this game is.

Though, this game must be by that new team.

Some Nobody

IF this is a single-player game, then it's all going to come down to art style in the end. It's obvious it's not going to be AAA, but that doesn't mean it can't be cool. Still, if I see some chibi charas I'm probably out.

Ushiwaka

Well that's no fun. And yea, Sakaguchi still doesn't care for the PS brand anymore, so I thought that would be really really strange.

At one point, Sakaguchi was specifically asked if there’s a chance of a new The Last Story. He responded in English: “Ok, yeah, you talk to Nintendo.” The audience cheered and applauded when the panel’s moderator asked who would like to see a sequel on Wii U, and Sakaguchi again added: “And maybe PlayStation 4 too?”

http://nintendoeverything.com/hiron...ow-up-to-the-last-story-has-new-3ds-interest/

This is giving me hope that Sakaguchi is not against the PS brand anymore.

Famassu

A DD action RPG like (a more modern) Secret of Mana or a nostalgic JRPG like Bravely Default but smaller scale. Priced 19.99$-29.99$. Release in Summer or Fall 2015.

Asd202

Huh. Did you forget about mobile and PC? That's where it makes the most sense. They actually make F2P games for those platforms as well.

F2P yes but not multiplayer. Like Capcom is making two F2P RPG's for PS4. Lack of PC is because SE Japan is rather slow with PC ports and games.

Cornbread78

A DD action RPG like (a more modern) Secret of Mana or a nostalgic JRPG like Bravely Default but smaller scale. Priced 19.99$-29.99$. Release in Summer or Fall 2015.

Hell, I just want to start throwing crap out there now.. Too many good options I want Radiate Stories 2 on PS4; they sould have my money in a heartbeat. Then I remember our conversation from a few pages back and give up on it. It's not worth any emotional investment anymore.

Likely is the first project from that new studio they made concentrated on console games. Probably mid-tier budget type thing. Can't wait to see what it is

Whatever it is, this is SE so I know it's gonna end up being something I totally don't want. :/

Sorry I know it can be something great, but god they've shat the bed way too many times. (I'd love to be wrong though.)

Dynasty8

What I want it to be: (1995 Square Mentality)

- Turn Based / Action RPG
- Epic Story with interesting Characters
- Awesome Music like the PS1/SNES days
- Awesome Art Style
- Challenging Game
- 40+ Hour game with extra side quests

What it'll probably be: (2015 Square Mentality)

- Card / Board Game
- Boring storyline with characters I won't care about
- Forgettable music
- Loli Art Style
- Game that holds your hand the whole way through
- 12 Hour campaign with tons of DLC packages I won't care about...

I miss the good old days.... :(

Top Bottom