• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix to present live Final Fantasy XV stage demo at Gamescom 2015

Dark_castle

I'd be more excited if we didn't already have a demo that we can currently play in our homes right now. This seems backwards somehow.
True, but the demo would only really cover a small, early part of the game. This live stage demo is probably a vertical slice of what's deeper in the game.

Anyway, really hoping for release date soon, or at least release window.

But they've said that multiple times =X

There's even a teaser for what they'll be showing (from the last ATR). https://youtu.be/6u3jd4IyMso?t=3868

dq459Zd.png

Either way, hype, I guess.

R-User!

Here's hoping we get some Fantastic news.

Release date, Collectors Editions, 3.0 for the Holidays...

...I'm also hoping for dat FFXII HD announcement; better have original music (need doz Phon Coast music feels with HD water/sand!)------ Oooooo I hope they also announce Revanent Wings HD "thrown in" as well! <wishful ass thinking I know.

Here's hoping we get some Fantastic news.

Release date, Collectors Editions, 3.0 for the Holidays...

...I'm also hoping for dat FFXII HD announcement; better have original music (need doz Phon Coast music feels with HD water/sand!)------ Oooooo I hope they also announce Revanent Wings HD "thrown in" as well! <wishful ass thinking I know.

This is what I want to know too! Does Sony having a stage demo of FF XV also mean that they have their own conference again?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm hoping to see more exotic settings soon. Duscae was okay but it just looks like Canada :p

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
So in the forest area you camp to get your XP. I assume you hit up a hotel or something in metropolitan areas? Be funny if you still had to bust out a tent and setup on the sidewalk.

Probably. Both the gas station and the Chocobo farm had trailers for the party to sleep in.

Turin

Banned
Its time to reveal Lightning.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/7c9c691f6f872dc7c511669287e3eac8/tumblr_mwnfzsfUnd1t33pe5o1_1280.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--wT27t3yb--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/19f7lw96lm62kgif.gif

LAA

Hyped for this. Hoping for release window also, collectors editions would be nice to know too but seems too early perhaps... A release window doesn't seem like too much to hope for though. We should be getting a glimpse of story and maybe magic which should be cool.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
All I want is to see a female character do something cool.
Not sitting around clutching a pendant.
Not bending over seductively while certain people insist she's just an outdoors type.
FFXV has playable female character.
Media goes crazy.
Gamescon goes crazy.
GAF has something snarky to say.
I just hope it's a new region. Dunno. Give us something 40% mid-way through the game. Or a set piece. I want another vertical slice, dammit!

Duscae is over people.

The demo is out, the demo is gone. They don't need to do marketing for that anymore.

It's going to be all new stuff...

At most we'll see Titan and stuff in Duscae now.

SOLDIER

FFXV has playable female character.
Media goes crazy.
Gamescon goes crazy.
GAF has something snarky to say.
I just hope it's a new region. Dunno. Give us something 40% mid-way through the game. Or a set piece. I want another vertical slice, dammit!

The only way it could backfire is if it felt shoehorned in due to the backlash.

They kind of sound like this already happened by mentioning that Cindy would be a temp party member in one of the ATBs.

sensui-tomo

Umm...

Don't think this ever happened.

Ditto, otherwise we'd have probably seen a thread stating "FEMALE PARTY MEMBER"
i'm not looking forward to the coming months and FF15... because it'll be the same argument back and forth in the future... basically that episode duscae demo thread .

Wagram

Hopefully a Holiday 2016 release date revealed. I really want this to be polished - it absolutely can't release with the frame rate from the demo.

I am damn ready for some new ex-Duscae info. Want to know how magic will be implemented and get eyes on some new areas. In the meantime, I'll be armiger-spamming that Catoblepas.

Square Enix is having a stage at Gamescom? Cool!

Good luck with the demonstration and everything. Always happy to see more XV.

I wonder if Square Enix could announce a Steam version for Final Fantasy XV at Gamescom.

I wonder that too. But I guess we'll get at best a release date for Type-0 HD. Although, we had a confirmation at Gamescom for MGSV... so... who knows ? :p

ConceptX

I guess they couldn't afford pewdiepie

I mean, should I know who NinotakuTV is?

Square Enix actually paid for and flew Pewdiepie out to their HQ in Tokyo a few months back/last year, he has several videos on it.

I forget what it was for now to be honest.

Regardless, excited for the demo, it has to be new content.

Excited for Gamescom/TGS in general to be fair, possibly more so than E3.

RiverBed

Banned
What? That sounds random lol.

Wait, if someone is announcing they'd be demoing gameplay on stage, that's not a big deal. I thought this will be a hands-on demo by any attendee, no? Otherwise, what's the difference from a regular stage demo?
Well this will be the first live gameplay post-Duscae which should mean a more complete battle system, different area and also there will be an info dump and the marketing for the full game will truly begin

I see.

DJIzana

I'm hoping to see more exotic settings soon. Duscae was okay but it just looks like Canada :p

I live in Vancouver and I agree. I love it but I'm also hoping and looking forward to seeing unique environments. Hopefully tropical areas (outside of Lustellum since that's a city) or
just actually curious to know how many different zones are actually in the game.

To me, Duscae really reminds me of a place called Joffre Lakes. So awesome.

Top Bottom