• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix trademarks Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well, other than the fact that the ios version of the first game isn't nearly as good as the 3DS version by simple virtue of the fact that smearing your finger directly over the play area is hardly the height of precision.
I am Godlike at the game and I play it on my iPad Mini.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You are a false god sitting on a throne of shattered dreams.
:(!
You could at least complete the hardest difficulty tracks on the 3DS version.
What were the hardest difficulty tracks on 3DS? I've bought, finished and 4-5 star'd every single song on iOS - on the hardest difficulties, of course.

Yoshichan

The most brutal 1st post.
Why Square Enix.
duckroll
Crusher of dreams
(Today, 07:26 AM)

Is now, was before... and will forever be :/

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What were the hardest difficulty tracks on 3DS? I've bought, finished and 4-5 star'd every single song on iOS - on the hardest difficulties, of course.

I don't know what that means.

The 3DS scoring system went F-E-D-C-B-A-S-SS-SSS

wrowa

Can't say I was a fan of the iOS version. Rhythm games just don't appeal to me when I have to buy each song individually. I need unlockables and a huge array of different tracks to motivate me.

Yoshichan

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Curtain Call makes it sound like a sort of rerelease to me, like a GOTY version, rather than a sequel.

Probably mobile though, as we all know deep inside :/

Makes it sound like it's the last game we'll ever get. lol.

Effect

Still don't understand why the first game was never released on the 3DS eShop. It would have been an great game to always have on the system.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Re-Release aka GotY edition on 3DS.

Still don't understand why the first game was never released on the 3DS eShop. It would have been an great game to always have on the system.

Because its SE - they love leaving money on the table.

Famassu

Because it's not coming out on 3DS?
You know this... how? Not saying this is definitely coming out on 3DS, just that the possibility is there. If this is a GOTY version, I don't see it being mobile because mobiles already have the most content rich version of the game, so this would be somewhat redundant.

Final Fantasy's curtain call? Damn, been a sweet ride. I'll miss it.

Squeenix looking to focus 100% of Lara Croft and Deus Ex now?

You know this... how?

Well, there's Square-Enix's complete rearrangement of its development and publishing operations with the explicit intent of abandoning anything that isn't AAAA console development or mobile titles, for one thing?

I mean, it's not guaranteed, it could be a legacy release they just didn't bother to cancel because the handheld release was too far along, but given that the first title hit on iOS it's a reasonable assumption.

Robin64

I suppose it could come out on both iOS and 3DS...

I mean, the engine is done, right? Save a few graphical flourishes they might want to add, it would mostly be about charting the various songs. And if they're doing that for iOS anyway, it shouldn't (in theory!) take much to make a 3DS version.

Yeah, just having a little hope over here.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Please, for the love of god be on the 3DS.

I loved the first Theatrhythm and I'm not even a FF fan.

Famassu

Well, there's Square-Enix's complete rearrangement of its development and publishing operations with the explicit intent of abandoning anything that isn't AAAA console development or mobile titles, for one thing?
They still haven't abandoned handhelds completely. Dragon Quest VII remake did really well and they have that Bravely Default "Final Mix" version coming with a sequel possibly following that.

No reason why this couldn't be a 3DS release. As I already said a mobile release would be quite redundant due to mobiles already having the most content rich version, not to even mention Theatrhythm's mobile release model (base trial/demo for free with a few songs, rest as DLC) doesn't really make any kind of "complete" release sound likely (if they have new songs, they could just release them as DLC). This sounds like some kind of Complete/GOTY version and that kind of release sounds way more like something an actual gaming device would get (like the Angry Birds Trilogy & Angry Birds Star Wars releases for consoles & handhelds that clump some mobile content into a single bigger retail release for those platforms) than something released for mobiles.

I mean, it's not guaranteed, it could be a legacy release they just didn't bother to cancel because the handheld release was too far along, but given that the first title hit on iOS it's a reasonable assumption.
It's a possible one, sure, even somewhat probable, but 3DS has found its stride in Japan and after Animal Crossing & Pokemon, it'll be an even healthier platform. I just find saying "no, this is definitely not a 3DS/non-mobile game" a bit premature, even in this world of Square Enix gone mobile/browser game craycray.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So this weekend:

-Type-0 2 was a hoax.
-Theathrhythm trademark is real.
-Bravely Default sequel is confirmed to be in development
-FFX/X-2 HD confirmed delayed for 2014 in NA/EU

Things are heating up for TGS...

At least we will have new cgi trailers for FFXV and KH3 that will be shown in the area 51 secret Square Enix mega theatre.

disco

I would love if this was a HD rerelease for Wii U but it's likely an 'international' version for 3DS coming this Christmas. Hopefully they'll announce Theatrhythm Dragon Quest at TGS...

kswiston

I know S-E is beefing up their mobile offerings, but do we have any indication at all that the iOS port of Theatrhythm was even successful? More mobile support doesn't necessarily mean that we will see all the games we typically got on NDS coming exclusively to iOS/Android. It could just mean that S-E is scaling back their handheld output in favour of Arthur Million/Puzzle and Dragons loli-edition instead.

Top Bottom