• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STALKER 2: Heart of Chornobyl - Releasing September 5th

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Coming to Day One #XboxGamePass, Xbox, and PC on Sept 5th

GD-eap_XIAAbdTW

Last edited:

LordCBH

I hope it’s good. Are they making it as frustratingly hard as the earlier games? Hope there’s an easier option if so.

Eagerly awaiting, but at this point I still expect another delay. I'll believe it's out when it's finally out.
Yeah, why not wait till the summer Xbox Showcase to announce a date so they can be 100% sure. This seems too far out to have the release date nailed down.

acm2000

date should be a fix considering how far along the game is in development now, its polishing time so give them what they need to get it finished.

cant wait.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Message from the devs

Dear stalkers,

Last year, during Gamescom 2023, we finally had the chance to meet in person. We gathered around the campfire with you to share something valuable that we have been creating for you for all these years — a small part of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl. Publicly, for the first time ever.

Our one-time initiative then transformed into a journey from campfire to campfire across France, Brazil, Singapore and other countries. Thousands of players were able to play the game themselves and give us the much-needed feedback afterwards.

And as true friends always do, you shared your honest thoughts about the game. Both positive and negative, and we are thankful for that. From your insights, we figured out two key points: the one to celebrate and the one to consider seriously.

The first one: the Zone remains the Zone. In its true beauty and after our likeness. The game absolutely feels and plays like S.T.A.L.K.E.R, the atmosphere, hardcore style, harsh and unwelcoming environment are ready to cook, and we can’t be more grateful for these words, as they basically sum up both the key intention and the main inspiration for the project from the very beginning at the same time.

The second one was: the gear in the backpack should be checked one more time to be completely sure it will not fail us in the most needed moment. On the technical side of things — the game needs more time.

Throughout the frankly challenging development process, we understood the time was of the team's main essence. Seeing the scope of polishing and understanding that we can’t push your patience too much, we were absolutely dedicated to releasing the game in Q1 2024, and we worked extra hard to meet the release window.

That, however, doesn’t change the fact that at the beginning of this year, we still witnessed the certain amount of technical imperfections that hold S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 below the expected standards for the final experience our fans are waiting for.

While there is absolutely no way to make another delay sound less dim, we decided to be clear about our reasons to postpone the game for the sake of yet another wave of polishing.

The final release date for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl is now September 5, 2024.

We know that you are waiting for this moment, as well as we do. But the preparation needs to be done so that the journey into the Zone goes smoothly and as planned. Thanks for your patience and continuous support, and be ready to see a lot of info about the game further this year.

Ribi

Vaporware, scam, too ambitious, can't believe they've shown off videos to generate hype only to keep pushing back the date I don't believe it even exists only meant for investors to throw money at it.

That's what we do with these games now right?

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I'm glad it got another delay, it means that they're taking the process of polishing it seriously. Looking forward to September!

Phase

Vaporware, scam, too ambitious, can't believe they've shown off videos to generate hype only to keep pushing back the date I don't believe it even exists only meant for investors to throw money at it.

We've only seen scripted gameplay. I think we could get a mess on release even with this extra time. Stalker is one of my fav series but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'd imagine Xbox would require a decent look at the game to pay for a day 1 release. So I can't imagine it's vaporware as you put it but it's certainly taking a long time.

JackMcGunns

Ready to support whenever it’s released, I know they’ve been through a lot. Hoping everything works out in the end.

Woopah

Can it really be Stalker if it isn't filled with bugs? Still very excited though, I loved Call of Pripyat.

gtabro

Considering these guys have to move country because of a literal war, lost at least one member of the staff on the battlefield, and their office caught on fire a few months ago... I don't want to even frown at that delay, it will be a miracle if the game even comes out this year, so yeah, letting them cook might be the best course of action.

Meanwhile if you have a STALKER craving, check out STALKER Anomaly - all 3 games in 1 big map, doesn't re-use the story but rather you start in a faction and go through most places. It's free and the devs themselves have given it thumbs up, so it's not even piracy to play it. I put like 60-70 hours into it last year, very immersive. Tons of mods for it (reflecting water surfaces and additional animations for eating/drinking ftw) and the aforementioned GAMMA is built on top of it.

Last edited:

Tsaki

With the 3 month Xbox moneyhat, it will have a similar release schedule on PS5 as BG3 did for Xbox.

Last edited:

Bkdk

At this point, the most talented devs in the game would have find another job in North america or western europe already to avoid going back to ukraine in their lifetime.

adamsapple

At this point, the most talented devs in the game would have find another job in North america or western europe already to avoid going back to ukraine in their lifetime.

You write this, hopefully not understanding that some of the devs are actually fighting and have died in the war.

SenkiDala

Hope MS wasn't involved a lot in the development, if they were it might be, again, a failure.

I tried a lot with Redfall, I tried a lot with Starfield, but if MS fucked up Arkane (a studio who never release à less than 90MC game), and... let's say, "didn't help" for Starfield, I worry what will happen with this talented Ukrainian studio. I wish them luck.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Hope MS wasn't involved a lot in the development, if they were it might be, again, a failure.

I tried a lot with Redfall, I tried a lot with Starfield, but if MS fucked up Arkane (a studio who never release à less than 90MC game), and... let's say, "didn't help" for Starfield, I worry what will happen with this talented Ukrainian studio. I wish them luck.

I personally think the development time and investment is too much for MS to continue funding it. They’ll ship it in whatever state they can get it to and cut losses.

This studio has so much stacked against them with Covid, colleagues dying, the war, and more. If they somehow put out an incredible 85+ metacritic game I’ll be shocked. Moreso if it runs well to boot on PC.

I just don’t see it. I see this being a 65 average that fans of the prior title will be ok with , and everyone else will have major issues with from performance to gameplay to bugs , etc. That’s why I think it’ll be this years RedFall— sent to die.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I personally think the development time and investment is too much for MS to continue funding it. They’ll ship it in whatever state they can get it to and cut losses.

This studio has so much stacked against them with Covid, colleagues dying, the war, and more. If they somehow put out an incredible 85+ metacritic game I’ll be shocked. Moreso if it runs well to boot on PC.

I just don’t see it. I see this being a 65 average that fans of the prior title will be ok with , and everyone else will have major issues with from performance to gameplay to bugs , etc. That’s why I think it’ll be this years RedFall— sent to die.

I hope not. But i also have a feeling that this will be one of those games with a lot of technical problems on pc and even console. I would love to play it on pc later this year (Steam version).

It’s Hellblade 2 imo which will be a flop. Or let me say it differently, more a graphical showcase then a good game.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
You choose it, or maybe someone independent
Never done one but maybe we do something like:

If the game averages 80+ metacritic, you win. Thus making it a great game.

If it’s 75 and under I win, and we leave that 76-79 spot as a draw?

Or do we wait until sales figures a month or two later?

Hard to do a fair gauge but let me know.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Never done one but maybe we do something like:

If the game averages 80+ metacritic, you win. Thus making it a great game.

If it’s 75 and under I win, and we leave that 76-79 spot as a draw?

Or do we wait until sales figures a month or two later?

Hard to do a fair gauge but let me know.
I think just the score would be sufficient, it will probably going to have a lot of players due to GamePass, so that sort of thing I wouldn't count

Top Bottom