• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 5: Fiore Brunelli character trailer

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_F98FnkFwk

via Gematsu

Square Enix and tri-Ace have released a new trailer for Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness introducing party member Fiore Brunelli.

One of the world’s leading signeturges who belongs to the superior-in-magic Kingdom of Langdauq’s Signeturge Research Institute. She wears a revealing outfit, but it’s probably because she wants to show off the advanced magic symbol carved into her leg.

If you missed it, catch the previous character introduction trailers here: Emmerson, Anne, Miki and Victor, Fidel.

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness is due out for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in Japan on March 31, and for PlayStation 4 in North America and Europe in 2016.

Outfit confirmed practical, naysayers pls go.

I thank the gods that we can get games like this with superb character designs and not trash like Valkyrie Profile.

;__;

Atrocity-Face Girl has a shrill voice. Yeesh.

So that's where the animation budget went! :p

Like the Darkness spells in her repetoire, the crawling chaos and ENDropy are really snazzy.

Haroon

I love this outfit:
EVaYDQP.png

Mediking

LMAO somebody pls make a gif of her walking with the main guy following her from the beginning of the video. Her butt is shaking and is seductive! But the dang tail is in the way!

Golnei

I think the best part of the reasoning given for her outfit is that the checkerboard pattern on her legs actually covers up most of the symbol.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I thank the gods that we can get games like this with superb character designs and not trash like Valkyrie Profile.

;__;

Valkyrie Profile didn't sell enough most likely to keep going after that DS game, and if this doesn't it's probably gone too. Star ocean has had a single release of a smartphone F2P game in the 6+ years since The Last Hope International and nothing else.

Crocodile

Wait, if the markings are only on her legs, why not just wear spats/shorts/miniskirt/ microskirt? Those markings should be all over her body if that's the justification they wanted to use.

Risev1

yep that character...

joke?

Take a guess.

On a more positive note, the game IS looking very beautiful, and I'm excited for an eventual western release.

I just wish I could play these games in my living room instead of my room so that others don't cringe at the way characters look.

sensui-tomo

sexy mage character in, check 3 of the 5 SO games have had this (i'm not sure about SO1, but boy did SO2 have it, SO3 had it in a manner of speaking, SO4... you bet it did.)

WadeitOut

I am so stoked for this game. It's going to be another one of those "watch japanese people play online while I wait" situations but oh well.

Sakura

Outfit is cool but not really a fan of the character.

It's like they didn't even try to match the lips with the audio.

I mean, really

I guess they forgot to pay attention to her mouth.

I think it would work better with anime style mouth flapping instead of making it look like she is making sounds with her mouth but not actually matching what she is saying.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I think it would work better with anime style mouth flapping instead of making it look like she is making sounds with her mouth but not actually matching what she is saying.

I think Star Ocean The Last Hope definitely had (Japanese) lip syncing in its CG cutscenes.

Edit: Or did it?

Considering there should be a good English dub I don't see it mattering, because other than FFXIII I can't think of any time lip movements have matched in a localised JRPG. Can't speak for you but a lot of us are pretty used to it.

Redx508

Take a guess.

On a more positive note, the game IS looking very beautiful, and I'm excited for an eventual western release.

I just wish I could play these games in my living room instead of my room so that others don't cringe at the way characters look.

lol just making sure
yea the game does like good

anyone think that keeping track of 7 characters in battle is going be a bit too much?

cyress8

Banned
Only dislike the hat. She can fit her whole body in the damn thing if she curls up. Everything else is, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Star Ocean The Last Hope definitely had (Japanese) lip syncing in its CG cutscenes.

Considering there should be a good English dub I don't see it mattering, because other than FFXIII I can't think of any time lip movements have matched in a localised JRPG.

Kingdom Hearts re-did lip-sync for the english version (KH also has some of the best lip-sync in the industry). At least until KH2 they did (BBS they didn't, and I don't know about 3D).

But yeah, I don't really expect that out of Star Ocean.

FFXIII still kills it when it comes to lip synch in JRPGs imo (English version at least).

I don't really mind the lip movements in this game because I'm comparing it directly to SO4 which was pretty bad in that department.

So I consider this an improvement.

sensui-tomo

Boss★Moogle;195436778 said:
I wonder if they will censor her outfit in the West.

Probably not, i mean we got Star ocean 4 over here, and that had more issues that would warrant a censor than this outfit.

Hastati

Yeah, the lip-syncing was bad. The vocal track seemed to be off by a second or two...but the details in the mouth movement were so minimal that being in sync wouldn't have made it much better.

Outside of the faces, the game looks pretty good overall, better than it did when it was first revealed.

Top Bottom