• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 5: Fiore Brunelli character trailer

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Boss★Moogle;195436778 said:
I wonder if they will censor her outfit in the West.

Square Enix isn't Nintendo and already said that they won't be changing anything.

Interestingly enough though the game is Cero C (15+) in Japan, a first in the series.

AESplusF

SourCriminalAustraliancattledog.gif

^ hypnotic really

Oh, so the outfit was practical after all.

Also the lip-syncing looked fine to me, better than I expected actually, I mean it looked a little off for a second or two and then it looked alright.

Dice//

Banned
Kingdom Hearts re-did lip-sync for the english version (KH also has some of the best lip-sync in the industry).

That confirms a long time suspicion of mine, I thought it looked really good! Thanks!

Anyways, most ridiciulous looking character ever. I'll NOT use her because of it...and because she's a mage in a tri-Ace game, so, the bar ain't set high...
I wonder if a cool Star Ocean spoiler can explain her inexplicably Italian-sounding name.

The more I see her the less I think of her outfit.

Not that it ever bothered me at all but its just kinda there now. Too bad she's a mage and they are doomed to be bad to play as.

Rpgmonkey

This game is funny. One scene will look ok or maybe even pretty good, then the next you suddenly get bobble-heads and awful lip-synching, lol.

Anyway, her Rush attack is kinda boring compared to everyone else's. As an overall character Fiore just doesn't seem that interesting to me at all compared to basically everyone else, maybe aside from the heroine who seems equally bland.

ViciousDS

Banned
Her outfit is better than 99% of tera onlines insanely skimpy outfits...it's really not that bad. But I do like her character.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Worst character

Worst part of the game

Burn this witch

Or just give her some clothes, that works too

Hubb

I usually like digital cheesecake, but that's just bad. The Star Ocean games just have the worst character designs.

They have some bad one's sure, but I really like some of their designs too. Big fan of Nel's in SO3. In fact, I don't have a problem with most of SO3's cast.

Rad-

Thank god this has Infinite Undiscovery -like combat (yes, that's a good thing) because everything else shown so far reminds me too much of SO4.

Sakura

I think Star Ocean The Last Hope definitely had (Japanese) lip syncing in its CG cutscenes.

Edit: Or did it?

Considering there should be a good English dub I don't see it mattering, because other than FFXIII I can't think of any time lip movements have matched in a localised JRPG. Can't speak for you but a lot of us are pretty used to it.
Many Japanese games don't have proper lip syncing, but it usually doesn't bother me because they aren't attempting proper lip syncing in the first place. They open their mouths, sound comes out. Looks cheap sure, but it's understandable.
My only thing with this video clip here, is it looks like they are trying to get proper lip syncing, but the lip movements aren't always quite matching with the sounds she's actually making, so it's somewhat distracting. Just looks weird I guess. Not a big deal though.
Square Enix isn't Nintendo and already said that they won't be changing anything.

Interestingly enough though the game is Cero C (15+) in Japan, a first in the series.
I was really surprised Star Ocean 2 was only Cero A considering some of the content/themes in the game.

Breads

Banned
Screw her... the star is the music.

Sakuraba goodness <3

Yeah I was going to ask if that was Sakuraba because... well... besides the "is this a video of that dumb witch thing" (and yes, it was) my only interest in this was the music. It was dope and it that sounded Soulsy. Now I know why.

The design is kinda silly, but it's a post PS2 era Star Ocean game. I'd be surprised if there weren't some questionable character designs.

With that being said, I am never not surprised at how well this game looks and runs.

TheRook

I think shes a cool character, I hope there are some really funny interactions with her and Fayt 2.0 on the Celestial Ship in between traveling worlds and such.

VariantX

Read the OP, it has deep lore related reasons.

I only owned SO2 and played and finished SO3, but I thought that those tattoos needed to be exposed in order for hearaldry users to use their magic or something like that. Of course, things could have changed since then that im not aware of since the games seem to jump all over the place in that universe's timeline.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I only owned SO2 and played and finished SO3, but I thought that those tattoos needed to be exposed in order for hearaldry users to use their magic or something like that. Of course, things could have changed since then that im not aware of since the games seem to jump all over the place in that universe's timeline.

This is actually an established thing in the series?

Deeper lore than I thought......

Lain

I like Fiore. Before this thread, I only knew her as the green-haired witch with the checkered outfit and the nice ass. Now I can add a name to that checkered outfit and ass.

The more videos I see of this game, the more awesome it looks.

Zolo

This is actually an established thing in the series?

Deeper lore than I thought......

Yeah, but generally, it just meant putting it in a place you weren't wearing clothing really such as leg, arm, or chest. Then again, I'm pretty sure there've been plenty of symbology users who didn't really show it, but couldn't wear armor or something.

Edit: Apparently, you have those who can use it innately, get it put in genetics or something, and I think it may only be the case for offensive symbology?

Top Bottom