• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 5: Fiore Brunelli character trailer

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Yeah, but generally, it just meant putting it in a place you weren't wearing clothing really such as leg, arm, or chest. Then again, I'm pretty sure there've been plenty of symbology users who didn't really show it, but couldn't wear armor or something.

Edit: Apparently, you have those who can use it innately, get it put in genetics or something, and I think it may only be the case for offensive symbology?

All the males have it genetically and all the females have to get it tattooed somewhere that forces them to wear revealing outfits.

So this....is the power.......of JRPGs.......

T.O.P

Banned
I honestly love her design, at least she doesn't look like a kid, wich is what turns me off 99% of the time

And also yes, reminds me, a bit, of Bayonetta

I have to admit, I've been fairly critical in my tastes of impractical or sexually enticing outfits for the past few years, but I occasionally forgive the idea.

I forgive it for Fiore, she's one of my favorite designs out of this game so far.

I genuinely love her design.

The colours, the jewellery, the hair, the massive hat, the wings and tail, and the ridiculous harlequin like half bikini, half catsuit, it's just marvellous, and exactly the kind of over the top, super stylised high fashion look I like in Sci Fi.

Really reminds me a lot of the more out there Sci Fi movie wardrobes infact, and wouldn't be out of place in films like Babarella, Flash Gordon or The Fifth Element.

Frankly I'm just disappointed the rest of the characters aren't in similarly weird and wonderful outfits.

TheRook

Yeah, but generally, it just meant putting it in a place you weren't wearing clothing really such as leg, arm, or chest. Then again, I'm pretty sure there've been plenty of symbology users who didn't really show it, but couldn't wear armor or something.

Edit: Apparently, you have those who can use it innately, get it put in genetics or something, and I think it may only be the case for offensive symbology?

The devs on the gameplay stream mentioned that magic isn't Symbology this time but rather Run(e)ology.

Golnei

I genuinely love her design.

The colours, the jewellery, the hair, the massive hat, the wings and tail, and the ridiculous harlequin like half bikini, half catsuit, it's just marvellous, and exactly the kind of over the top, super stylised high fashion look I like in Sci Fi.

Really reminds me a lot of the more out there Sci Fi movie wardrobes infact, and wouldn't be out of place in films like Babarella, Flash Gordon or The Fifth Element.

Frankly I'm just disappointed the rest of the characters aren't in similarly weird and wonderful outfits.

I don't personally think Fiore has a great costume, but I'd absolutely agree with wanting to see the rest of the cast wear ridiculous pulp sci-fi inspired outfits instead of going with the generic JRPG look.

Imagine Emerson wearing a ripoff of Sean Connery's Zardoz costume.

Zardoz-2.jpg

TheRook

I don't personally think Fiore has a great costume, but I'd absolutely agree with wanting to see the rest of the cast wear ridiculous pulp sci-fi inspired outfits instead of going with the generic JRPG look.

Thats the thing about Star Ocean though, it's has to have a good balance between the two.

SO3 was my favorite but Fayt wore very fantasy based like Clothing while Maria was more Sci-fi like Edge and Reimi in SO4.

I sort of agree in wanting to see more Sci-fi as I do want to see characters with more advanced technology than what most fantasy based worlds have. But with the current cast that we see now, I don't think that is going to happen unless its a world we visit that doesn't have a recruit-able party member.

I don't even know who owns the Celestial Ship they use to get around in.

MattXIII

Yup, whenever available she's gonna be in my party. Def one of the more interesting designs.

Any kind of character/outfit customization in this game?

VariantX

Yup, whenever available she's gonna be in my party. Def one of the more interesting designs.

Any kind of character/outfit customization in this game?

She'll be in your party except if the game's story dictates she wont be. You can have 7 characters in battle at the same time.

Zipzo

Banned
I'm very green to the Star Ocean franchise, I've played maybe like a couple hours of the PS2 one of which's name I don't even remember...long time ago.

I've had trouble latching on to JRPG's in the past that don't have excitable end-game content for me to tackle after the narrative is over and done with. Xenoblade Chronicles captured me for that and furthermore Xenoblade X restored my faith in my ability to like single player RPGs again.

Is Star Ocean typically known to have end/post-game content that is difficult to tackle without being extremely well prepared, or even a set of challenges that you are presented with that require mastery of the games mechanics to do? This might be my next drug after weening myself off XBX but this is really my only concern.

lumi7890

Loved her design, but I'm kinda of disappointed that she seems to lack the punch that some of the other characters have, it won't stop me from using her, but it still is kinda of disappointing.

SeanTSC

I love Endo Aya's voice, easily my favorite female Japanese VA (her Sheryl is the best ever). Titty Witch just got even better. I can't wait for SO5.

Has some cool looking attacks but I usually don't use mages in a Star Ocean game because melee usually just blow them away in terms of raw damage and effectiveness. Still hoping for some alt outfits because I hate all of the character designs so far. I'm sure they'll kinda grow on me but meh.

A.E Suggs

Oh fuck, it's this stupid character...

Hoping I can have in my party as little as possible.

As opposed to the other stupid characters in your party that you don't know the personality of? I mean seriously some people have issues if a design like this makes you uncomfortable. The outfit isn't even that bad, its just ugly, the characters you shouldn't want to have in your party are the ones who are insufferable during the actual story or crappy in combat since this is an rpg.

Cornbread78

I love all of these character intro videos... This game is going to be soo damn good; just give me an NA release day SE, c'mon. Please be close to 3/31 and not 6 mos off!

sensui-tomo

please let us have alternate character endings like so2 and 3.

fiore and anne are too good to get stuck with pinky

This is important to me, I'm already kinda saddened by the fact we've seen all the characters we can get (unless they pull something on us and we can get another cast of misfits like in SO1-3 ) but thats not really within budget of today's games. But if we get multiple endings due to PAs i'll be fine with that.

please let us have alternate character endings like so2 and 3.

fiore and anne are too good to get stuck with pinky

I'm hoping this is the case, and they've really emphasized the importance of private actions and how they'll determine the ending for you and such. But yes, I really don't want to be stuck on a fixed path again like we were in SO4. It was so odd from them to go that route for SO4, but I'm hoping that was a bit of a mistake. Then again, a lot of what we're getting in SO5 feels like sort of an "Apology" for some of the aspects in the previous game.

So here's hoping.

nOoblet16

Ofcourse they have the typical shrill voice for the young green haired girl and sultry sounding voice for this one Fiore girl.

You could tell how they'd sound just by looking at them because that's how common those two voices are for those two character archetypes in anime/JRPGs. So common infact that they all sound the same most of the time with the same pattern of speech :p

Datschge

Is Star Ocean typically known to have end/post-game content that is difficult to tackle without being extremely well prepared, or even a set of challenges that you are presented with that require mastery of the games mechanics to do?
Yes, Star Ocean is known for its extensive post-game content that can be hard unless you essentially break the systems (which many fans of the series consider part of the fun).

Top Bottom