• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 5: Fiore Brunelli character trailer

Pandering aside I think the chess pattern tattoo thing she has going is pretty cool, wouldn't mind seeing a male character with that either.

But her hat, wings and tail are stupid as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

i-Jest

SourCriminalAustraliancattledog.gif

Laawwdd Jesus. Fada! "What you gonna do with all that junk, all that junk, all that junk inside your trunk?"

AlucardGV

Banned
realistic(ish) graphics with anime faces....why, they look like dolls

yes, it's really difficult to pull anime style with 3d graphics, but i feel eye movement and facial animation in star ocean 5 are a big improvement to what you usually find in other games (tales of, the old star ocean)

realistic(ish) graphics with anime faces....why, they look like dolls

Or live-action anime figures, which kinda make these kinds of games seem like you are a kid playing with their toys, having them go on adventures.

An alternative to get a good anime-look in 3D models would be to have them cel-shaded. Some of the things done with cel-shading has resulted in some of the coolest looking renders that still look like cartoons.

As for Fiore's look, I'm blushing to say that its similar to something I would've designed back in high school, and that's not a put down. Teenage art nostalgia and strange, illogical clothing... yipee!!

I have nothing to say about her outfit. But I really like what they've shown of her dark magic skill set. Damn it, 7 character battles, super slick dynamic action combat, I'm going to have to play anothe SO game, which never ends well for me.

Top Bottom