• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness |OT| Once more into the undiscovered ocean

Pejo

Gold Member
Review will go live when the game launch, tonight at 9 PM PST / Midnight EST

Cool thanks! I'm just hoping the story and characters are better than SO4. Well, and the awful twist of SO3.

I don't need an amazing narrative to enjoy the game, but the story has actively hindered my enjoyment of the last two titles.

Loudninja

Because if they have reviewer that they prefer because they know how their taste line uip with theirs ? And there's gonna be a lot more reviews than there currently is. Can't read Japanese publications most of the time and you have random YouTubers review (which are fine but if you don't know the person, might be hesitant to spend 60$)

I myself will play no matter what, but it's easy to understand why people want review before the game launch.
Talking about gaffers impressions mostly but you are right.

Alastor3

Will it have a dual audio option? Kind of not feeling the emotion of the characters, plus, those EYES, they all look like dolls....

Ship my goddamn copy Amazon.

I'm in the "ship my goddamn copy Amazon" party as well. Got prime so they better not screw it up. I remember they botched my Fallout 4 release day shipping, ended up coming 2 days later. Majority of the time they're on point, but it should've shipped by now.

Jolkien

Still hasn't shipped from Amazon, I'm hoping they don't make it tomorrow so I can get that extra month of prime>:)

Check your order status. Amazon for me normally ships it between 16h00 and 17h00 most of the time. My order was at Shipping soon this morning and now it's at Preparing for Shipment

I dont get why people waiting on reviews its not like its has been out for awhile now in Japan.
I don't read Japanese reviews, I almost never rely on import impressions and there are too many games this summer to just drop money on games I might not like.

What's so hard to understand about that?

I dont get why people waiting on reviews its not like its has been out for awhile now in Japan.

Review scores help sell games and most people won't look up import stuff. General public won't even know it was out anywhere else before hand. Not to mention in a lot of cases it is due to a lack of faith in the game's reception, hinting at bad dub or localization.

Oh, and Famitsu is the only JP reviewers I am passively aware of, and they rate everything 90+.

Check your order status. Amazon for me normally ships it between 16h00 and 17h00 most of the time. My order was at Shipping soon this morning and now it's at Preparing for Shipment

Yeah mine just says Shipping today. It may be near one of the fulfillment centers as one opened close by recently I think, so it may ship this afternoon and get here really fast (hoping).

Been at shipping today for awhile but I don't care like I said. But they'll more than likely have it out in time.

CodeBlueMega

Neo Member
Received my copy a few hours ago and have been playing. So far I love how breezy the opening is! It is so enjoyable to play an RPG and hit the ground running in 15 minutes. The soundtrack is also quite lovely, reminds me of another one of my favorites ( Baten Kaitos) :)

Received my copy a few hours ago and have been playing. So far I love how breezy the opening is! It is so enjoyable to play an RPG and hit the ground running in 15 minutes. The soundtrack is also quite lovely, reminds me of another one of my favorites ( Baten Kaitos) :)

Luuuckky

Alastor3

soundtrack sound like Baten Kaitos? Im buying this game right now!

pablito

Despite 4, I'm still hyped for this. Can't help it with Star Ocean. Working my shift tomorrow is going to be painful.

Just got an email that Amazon shipped. Phew.

This makes me happy. I love Sakuraba's BK soundtracks so damn much.

Got a great weekend ahead with both Star Ocean 5 and Zero Escape 3 goodness. Like the PS2 era again for me with this.

i think exist archive would be better for that cause

Eh, I dunno. Star Ocean 5 is Square-Enix's stable and if SO IP revival succeeds it stands to reason for Square-Enix to go "let's revive VP" since it's Square who own that IP. Exist Archive is Spike-Chunsoft, who do not own VP. I really doubt Square would look at Exist Archive's relative success as a cult game at all. They'd just ignore it. Besides, pretty sure the Square producer said that we need to support SO5 for VP revival to happen on console.

Wagram

I truly believe that Sakuraba goes all out for Star Ocean. The OSTs are always awesome.

I truly believe that Sakuraba goes all out for Star Ocean. The OSTs are always awesome.

Looking at his work, it's only a few of his Tales of OSTs that are weak. His other Tri-Ace stuff is very good too (Resonance of Fate with Kohei Tanaka & Valkyrie Profile series) and let's not forget his work on Dark Souls either.

Philippo

I won't be able to play this till probably half-way thorugh next year, but i'll definitely get it, if anything even only to support the genre!

Not sure if it's been asked or answered yet, but is this more like Xenoblade Chronicles X or will it be closer to the upcoming Final Fantasy XV?

Mine is coming tomorrow. Hyped, granny panties and all. Between this and Grand Kingdom and the E3 sale I have plenty of good stuff to last till August/September.

SeanTSC

I only got to play for an hour and have an appointment soon, but I'm having a great time so far. The 60 fps is great and it looks better than I thought it would.

My only real nitpick is the cutscenes or lack thereof. It's a little jarring how most of the conversations so far are just the character models standing still and talking at each other while you can move the camera around. Other than that I think this is going to be a very solid game.

LordAmused

I've played maybe half an hour today, got my copy early from Amazon.ca and what a soundtrack!

Also, an RPG on console at 60FPS is much more enjoyable than I would have thought.

MilkBeard

Nice impressions. 60FPS will be a big boon for a game like this in terms of visual appeal, considering it doesn't push the system at all.

Hmm my local store is selling it for 39€ instead of 59€ for release day.

I loved Star Ocean 3 but I feel like the game can go lower in price...and it's not like I'm having a drought of games right now.

MilkBeard

The digital preorder theme is a bit disappointing. I was hoping it would be that nice 2d art from the store page. Instead, it's some animated renders moving slightly over generic backgrounds.

I have no idea what to think of this game because I've never touched a Star Ocean game before, but I like JRPGs. I have a friend who loves them, I'll probably end up buying it. I just want to check the reviews first before spending the $60.

I'm in the "ship my goddamn copy Amazon" party as well. Got prime so they better not screw it up. I remember they botched my Fallout 4 release day shipping, ended up coming 2 days later. Majority of the time they're on point, but it should've shipped by now.

Been an odd year for me and Amazon. Dark Souls III shipped on release day (a Tuesday), got to me on Thursday... Then it happened again with Uncharted 4, then again with Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator, etc...

Dark Souls III and Uncharted 4 were limited/collectors editions and I had placed the pre-orders as soon as I saw them up, which to my knowledge wasn't exactly when they went live or anything, but the point is I pre-ordered them ages ago. I was only truly disappointed by Dark Souls III -- the other two games were exciting but I didn't feel so excited that I needed to play either on day 1.

Talked to customer service just to see what was up, as this had never been an issue for me before, and they simply stated that I had not placed my pre-orders during the release day delivery guarantee period. I've also noticed that a few of my future pre-orders I have with Amazon now list a release date shipping time with a delivery time estimated for Thursday. So it looks like day 1 access to the game is not necessarily a guarantee on Amazon pre-order anymore, though I have gotten notifications via email that Persona 5 and Horizon (both collectors editions) got bumped up to release date delivery for me. No Man's Sky collector's and Final Fantasy XV deluxe still showing two day "late" delivery, though. Persona 5 is the only one out of the bunch that I wanna play right away, so I'm still happy I get discounted copies of the rest and that that one in particular got bumped up to release day delivery.

Would make perfect sense if just tossing a pre-order into the pile a few days ahead of release didn't result in release day delivery, but I find it odd that months out doesn't seem to get a ton of priority.

Pre-ordered, but it looks like Brazil will get it later (as usual). It seems they delayed because of PT-BR subtitles (a first for the series if true), so I'm okay with it.

Top Bottom