• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Sony Ad Leak

v1lla21

Fucking dope. Finally we get the battlefront we deserve. The first one played well but it was really barebones even though I enjoyed it.

C9LOiZSXUAAaPk9.jpg:large
^
From the video? It just looks like the old Anakin lightsaber to me.
Idk the way she's holding it looks like that. Esp as maul is on the other side holding his the same way

Servbot24

Banned
I don't care about this gameplay genre but if it's an all out celebration of all things Star Wars then damnit I might be in

Damn, if that had leaked TLJ stuff, Sony would have been on Disney's shit list for life.

Super hyped if they let us play the Battle of Geonosis.

LowParry

well.....she is skilled with a staff.....it makes sense. Plus you can clearly see how shes holding and the other end is lit that its a double sided lightsaber

If this turns out true, and by the looks of it, it does (I mean it's contrast to Maul there in the pic), I'm fucking hyped. Saturday is gonna be a damn fine day.

MattyG

Banned
Same. Everyone is talking about this right:

C9LOiZSXUAAaPk9.jpg

Doesn't look two sided to me.
It's not. And that exactly how she holds it in The Force Awakens. I think that'd be cool, but it really doesn't look like it, especially because that's her Force Awakens costume.

Drayco21

Prequels content? Stand alone campaign? Sold.

Hopefully this game is on par with the classics, but now I'm at least willing to give it a shot.

Also, yo that Tauntaun fucking headbutted that dude, let's go!

That's not a double sided lightsaber. Her hands are right next to each other, like on a regular light saber hilt. Darth Maul's are far more spread apart. She's just holding it downwards as if she just swung.
She is clearly holding the saber like darth maul. I don't think you would hold a single bladed saber like that.
Look at the hand placement

Boke1879

it would be no shock at all if Rey used a doubled sided Saber.

I can't WAIT for TLJ trailer and more gameplay for this.

Like many have said though. That's her TFA costume.

Mett

^

Idk the way she's holding it looks like that. Esp as maul is on the other side holding his the same way

I'll agree that she's holding it weird for sure, but from previous image that has been out of Rei's look from Episode 8, I still think it's Anakins. Here's the pic:

rey-the-last-jedi-232527.jpg

WOAH at this Darth Maul push Disney is doing. Almost as if they're trying to retroactively redeem how wasted he was in the Phantom Menace. Also, does this practically confirm a campaign?

Alienous

So having the campaign protagonist at the middle of the logo, instead of an original trilogy representative, seems to imply that their single-player won't be an afterthought.

So that's cool.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Never bought the first game, but if this has a decent campaign, I'm all in.

Chairhome

She is clearly holding the saber like darth maul. I don't think you would hold a single bladed saber like that.

^

She's not holding it the same way. She's holding it as if she were blocking something.
Her bottom hand has thumb pointing down, his hand is bottom pointing up.
It's for symmetry.

She's not using a double sided saber.

If we are wrong, we will hold you in the highest regard.

Really hope there isn't a season pass, that fucked up Battlefront (2015) big time and playerbase dove. Please don't do that again EA, PLEASE.

I'll agree that she's holding it weird for sure, but from previous image that has been out of Rei's look from Episode 8, I still think it's Anakins. Here's the pic:

rey-the-last-jedi-232527.jpg
Fair enough, it's just a very strange pose then, esp as it seems to be directly complementing maul who is holding a staff.

Boke1879

And this game is most likely coming out before the movie. Don't think they'd spoil anything in regards to that before the movie even comes out.

WOAH at this Darth Maul push Disney is doing. Almost as if they're trying to retroactively redeem how wasted he was in the Phantom Menace. Also, does this practically confirm a campaign?

Don't look into it. Maul is there because he's a hype figure from TPM. Also doubt Disney had anything to do with him being included in the game or this trailer. A lot of the Star Wars stuff is governed by Lucasfilm and Disney probably has even less so to do with these games.

So having the campaign protagonist at the middle of the logo, instead of an original trilogy representative, seems to imply that their single-player won't be an afterthought.

So that's cool.

Their panel on saturday is rumored to be all about the SP.

MP reveal at E3. Yall ready to see Snoop Dogg smoke a blunt while playing Star Wars?

Top Bottom