• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront - EPISODE VII's Jakku Gameplay Video

Seanspeed

Banned
We watched a demo with PS4 button prompts, I dont believe for a second that the demo was running on a PS4.
They specifically said it was running on PS4 hardware(well, the other video did, at least). I expect devs/pubs to be misleading or sneaky at times, but I do not expect they will outright lie about these things.

Holy hell I haven't been paying attention to E3 all that much, is PS4 really doing these graphics? this game beats everything graphically.

Seanspeed

Banned
Lol sure. Battlefront has by far the best graphics I've ever seen in my life. The fact that the demo was running on a PS4 is mindblowing.

The first game that let's you forget that it's not a movie.
What's really cool is how they've managed to make the enemies *look* CG somehow, like they came from the I-III movie trilogy or something.

kharak

Neo Member
Graphic wise it looks the same. Keep in mind that this is a different setting ;)

Ive seen plenty of Playstation Buttons.

And different game mode. I know, I know. But the graphics are not the same. The explosion have more effects, light looks better and the LOD is less aggressive.

I think it's amazing how well they have captured the stormtrooper die-falls. They reminds me much of the original trilogy troopers throwing themselves in every direction and falling on top of one another.

Even if they do pull off these graphics the HUD is still atrocious and the rest of the complaints about the game lacking content and freedom are still there. Plus after Battlefield 4 I'm not getting burned again at launch, I'll wait before getting this.

Adam M

Frostbite is crazy good, EA can relax because they own one of the best game engine so their games should look good

Majanew

Banned
Very impressive graphics. I really want to see how well that forest map holds up with the trees and grass everywhere.

Is there a single moment where the framerate dips in either gameplay video? I think the final version will be close enough to this footage but not quite the same.

Donos

People are shocked that devs get better with new hardware. Just because XB1/PS4 are X86 and not some Cell/whatevercomplicatedtech doesn't mean that console release games are the ceiling and that there is only little space to improve. Also X360/PS3 are not holding them back anymore.

i-Lo

Dat proprietal PBR mechanic has done wonders for the game thus far.

I am a touch disappointed with the character model of Luke, however. That said, just fucking IMAGINE, what a SW RPG running at 30fps can accomplish with this tech.

nib95

Banned
Dat proprietal PBR mechanic has done wonders for the game thus far.

I am a touch disappointed with the character model of Luke, however. That said, just fucking IMAGINE, what a SW RPG running at 30fps can accomplish with this tech.

Drool....

I honestly thought the footage at the start was CGI video followed by realtime. Very good visuals, best of E3?

I would probably give that to Dreams if there was playable sequences in there. Overall technical showcase goes to U4 to me no doubt. Well that is also becuase Ghost Recon is likely super fake.

boeso

Going through all these gameplay vids this morning...

9773531.jpg

What an E3!!!!

Woorloog

Banned
Uh, was there ammo meter anywhere? Or do the blasters have limitless ammo? (Ofc possible the UI was partially disabled for these vids.)

EDIT Or is that overheat meter? Limitless ammo but overheat perhaps?

Uh, was there ammo meter anywhere? Or do the blasters have limitless ammo? (Ofc possible the UI was partially disabled for these vids.)

EDIT Or is that overheat meter? Limitless ammo but overheat perhaps?
No ammo, they overheat. I think that's those semicircles around the reticule are meant to indicate -- how long until your blaster overheats.

0racle

We need confirmation it was on ps4 hardware.

The other video had it at the start in order to boast about it. This didn't. It leads me to believe it wasn't because why would you omit something like that when it would add to how impressive it actually is?

Woorloog

Banned
Oh, great gif Opus.
Shows the overheat well actually.

Not sure if limitless ammo is the best idea but... *Shrug* Well, we'll see if it works. At least the game will be fast paced most likely.

EDIT oddly, i'm inclined to play this on third person view. Wasn't something i liked in BF2, or in general in games that offer view toggle option.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Forstbite 3 is such a beautiful engine and runs great. I wonder how UE4 compares.

TimFL

So this is 2 player co-op only? Was looking forward to doing 4 player co-op missions with friends :/

woen

So all the negativity and downgrade shitstorm we had with the reveal trailer is off.

The photogrammetry technique + frosbite lighting engine are a perfect match.

The DH-17 (the one being used) uses compressed gas and and a power pack that can fire 100 shots...so I imagine it won't be unlimited in the game?

I mean ammo conservation is a mainstay of all the Battlefield type games.

l41m4hTeDTHRZxwFG.gif

Woorloog

Banned
The DH-17 (the one being used) uses compressed gas and and a power pack that can fire 100 shots...so I imagine it won't be unlimited in the game?

I mean ammo conservation is a mainstay of all the Battlefield type games.

http://i.giphy.com/l41m4hTeDTHRZxwFG.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

That was the old canon. At least Wookieepedia does not list the new canon DH-17 having any set amount of shots, only that it will empty the charge pack in 20 seconds with automatic fire.

I am thinking this will be "Battlefield lite"... didn't they imply there won't be classes like previous but rather more customizable experience?

Top Bottom