• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II joins Call of Duty: WWII as PS+ games for June

I like the game.

But almost every week it was in some sale at the psn. I bought the first one plus this one for 8 bucks in an ea sale.

If someone really wanted this game, he had a lot of opportunities to buy it for really cheap....

But hey.... I agree with you... Haters indeed hate facts.... And moan when someone points them.

Exactly, seems like you have a big problem with it.

The game is available on PS+ in June, not "then" when you bought it for 8 bucks (and I still doubt it). And even 8 does not equal 5. Current value/price of the game is in the range of 20 USD.

Everybody should try out Battlefront 2. It has improved so much it is truly incredible, the story is still trash though but the multiplayer is honestly the best FPS on Playstation right now. All the new classes and mods really added a lot to the game. You can play a Republic commando from the FPS Republic Commandos! You got the wrist blade, magazine fed assault rifle that transforms into a grenade launcher and even some of the animations were lifted from the game (or at least imitated). It is a fantastic game right now.

I"ve been away from BF2 for long while now. Can you pick which maps you want to play in? You could in the beginning, then they just took that option away, and I stopped playing the game!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Coming off one of the worst months in PS Plus history ever that's pretty good and has a shot as the best ever.

manfestival

I mean this is a month with 2 solid titles(finally). Normally we just get indie stuff and we got 2 sims last month so 2 shooters .... maybe there is a theme going on?

GermanZepp

I played the first mission of call of duty and I couldn't finish it. It felt like I was playing a very old game, restrained and heavily scripted. Also too much 'murica hero propaganda in the intro. Graphics are very good tough.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Heh Battlefront 2. i bought it before and lost interest very quickly. gorgeous game but not that much fun to play, just personally. Jedi: Fallen Order is a way better game.

still, i might as well try it out. they've added a ton of stuff since then so i at least want to see the Ewok battle mission.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I played the first mission of call of duty and I couldn't finish it. It felt like I was playing a very old game, restrained and heavily scripted. Also too much 'murica hero propaganda in the intro. Graphics are very good tough.

K5lCAy9.png

:messenger_winking_tongue:

Im enjoying COD so far but there is a bunch of very old feeling encounters in the campaign so far. Lots of inifinite spawning enemies until you move forward, but you die pretty quickly. The graphics are pretty dang good though.

I tried Zombies the other day and I dont know what the fuck is going on. I get that you use points to buy weapons and unlock new areas but what else are you supposed to be doing? At around level 23-24 the weapons you have just do fuck all damage and its almost impossible to kill anything with them. There was a guy running around with a blunderbuss and pistols that shot exploding rounds that basically carried us for a few additional waves before we all got killed.

It kinda sucks? I feel like there should really be more direction as to what you should or should not be doing.

Aion002

Exactly, seems like you have a big problem with it.

The game is available on PS+ in June, not "then" when you bought it for 8 bucks (and I still doubt it). And even 8 does not equal 5. Current value/price of the game is in the range of 20 USD.
8 for two games.

But ehhh... You got me... The lowest on this game only was 6.24 usd.

Can we not make this personal? I just said my opinion... No need to call others morons or that have a big problem.... Have a nice day.

Mossybrew

Yeah, I also played the first mission, though I finished it, it did just feel like some old relic. And yeah, it seems devs can't make WWII stuff anymore without the overly solemn, good-ol-boys tropes. I think we've just seen these type of scenes too many times across various media and it's just become corny and played out.

GermanZepp

Yeah, I also played the first mission, though I finished it, it did just feel like some old relic. And yeah, it seems devs can't make WWII stuff anymore without the overly solemn, good-ol-boys tropes. I think we've just seen these type of scenes too many times across various media and it's just become corny and played out.

Exactly. And The fact that can't choose the language in the game options made it worse. Cod WWII is one of those games that requires changing the language of the ps4 to change it in the game itself. I appreciate the dub but I prefer original language and subtitles.

Last edited:

Numenorean

Well the issue I have is that they are not really 100% free in the way that they are not giving the game to you, it's only playable as long as you have active PS+, so essentially this is where paying for a subscription like Gamepass ultimate is far better as you have a big assortment of free games to play except with PS+ they don't leave like Game Pass does after a while. Sony is really behind with this side of their service.

To that extend, you are pretty right. Im pretty sure competition is the drive behind innovation. MS is very behind this gen, they have to step up their competition which is good for gamers. Maybe SONY will have to step up the first years of PS5 with aggresive features which could turn into something very good at the end.

Good month, but I can see that a lot of people already got these titles. Not too surprising. Big titles generally are owned by a great portion of the player base, especially BFII who was offered in numerous sales.

mcz117chief

I"ve been away from BF2 for long while now. Can you pick which maps you want to play in? You could in the beginning, then they just took that option away, and I stopped playing the game!
In COOP you can pick an era but in others you are put in a rotation. So not really. It is also my only current criticism of the game.

Last edited:

MilkLizard

And again a month where I already got both titles. Sony need to tackle this and give us a selection of games we can choose from.

Then people would complain that they have every game from the selection. You can't always please everyone and people shouldn't get PS+ for the "Free Games" in the first place anyways. If you don't play online you're better off buying the games you want on sales instead of waiting for them to become "free".

xrnzaaas

Haven't played WW2 but save yourself the time with BF2's campaign, it straight up feels like a movie tie in from the early 2000s.

The online is incredible though, the amount of variety is unreal.
I'm more annoyed with having to download 115GB of Battlefront 2 just to play SP. I really hope Sony will follow in Microsoft's footsteps and allow the users to decide which parts of the game they wish to download.

Justin9mm

PS NOW...
but great Microsoft plug! you will get your astroturfing card in no time ;)
Lol.. I'm Team Sony actually but PS Now is nothing like GamePass, it doesn't hold a candle to it.

I have a One X with GamePass but bought well after my Pro. I will be going PS5 only next gen. I want just the one Eco system and Sony Exclusives are my kind of games and I do not care much for Xbox Exclusives besides Forza but I can live without it.

Justin9mm

They do have a similar service, its called PS NOW. That is the same type of service as gamepass. Xbox1 also has a monthly gold subscription that offers 2 "free" games just as PS does and is also required to be able to play multiplayer.

Gamepass is a completely different service which is $10 a month vs $50 a year. And same for xbox1, if you dont renew your Gold subscription those games wont be accessible.

SAME for even Gamepass:

"If your Xbox Game Pass subscription expires, the game will remain installed, but you won't be able to play it until you either resubscribe or purchase the game. You don't get to keep games you download via Xbox Game Passyou lose access to them when your subscription stops."

Stop spreading misinformation.
Misinformation?

I have a One X with Gamepass Ultimate and a Pro with PS+ I know very well how all this works.. I realise they are two different services. I was merely highlighting that GamePass 'Ultimate' which includes Gold, is a much better offering. You do realise GamePass is available in every major country. I'm from Australia, PS Now is not even available here.. And we are not some third world country, we pretty much get everything first just like the US or UK etc. The fact that Sony does not offer this here is behind the 8 ball. And even if they did, it's a well known fact it doesn't hold a candle to Gamepass service.

And I'm not even sure why you quoted this:
"If your Xbox Game Pass subscription expires, the game will remain installed, but you won't be able to play it until you either resubscribe or purchase the game. You don't get to keep games you download via Xbox Game Passyou lose access to them when your subscription stops."

Did I say otherwise?

I would probably consider myself a Sony Fanboy but an unbiased one, Xbox got it right with GamePass and Sony need to work on their PS Now service including actually providing it to at least all major countries.

Top Bottom