• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent OT.

Should I get this for PS4 or PC? Normally I would go with PC but I'm not sure which platform will have a larger player base for a longer amount of time.

Yoday

Thought this was funny/sad:

https://twitter.com/MitchyD/status/664691463201026048

Kind of ridiculous to have an embargo when the full game is *out* and can be streamed/reviewed without NDA by anybody with EA Access.
I get that the situation must be frustrating for someone who's job it is to review, but that tweet comes off as super whiny. EA access has more or less made reviews for any EA game completely unnecessary, and while thatvmayvsuck for reviewers, its fantastic for gamers. NFS was a great example of EA Access being worth a thousand times more than any review, and this will be no different.

a.wd

Great OT, one question, it says a rejuvenated star wars brand? The star wars train never fell off baby!

SURGEdude

I get that the situation must be frustrating for someone who's job it is to review, but that tweet comes off as super whiny. EA access has more or less made reviews for any EA game completely unnecessary, and while thatvmayvsuck for reviewers, its fantastic for gamers. NFS was a great example of EA Access being worth a thousand times more than any review, and this will be no different.

Agreed. Though I do think (good) reviewers are less prone to confirmation bias. For example look up damn near any universally panned game's OT here on Gaf and you will find an army of people shilling for it. Even absolute excrement like Sonic Boom have a decent number of people whose fandom has rotted their brains.

I trust reviewers like Jim Sterling far more than people who want to prove that their investment or membership perk is validated.

The easy solution is just don't embargo games after the public gets to try them.

JimiNutz

Banned
I am soooooo in on this.
I only really have time to dedicate to one big online shooter every year and this year it is definitely Battlefront. Beta was so much fun, especially for a filthy casual like me.
I skipped Halo 5 for this and have my Vader PS4 preordered. First game I've ever double dipped on too as I have friends on both Xbox One and PS4.
Can't wait.

Thats how i felt playing on Endor

mog1.gif

I cant believe how amazing it looks even at 720p. And its soo smooth.

Cant wait to see the PS4 version next week.

do you need to unlock any of the locations for splitscreen? i dont get home for another hour but i may be able to convince the wife for 1 game before bed, and Endor sounds great.

Hello guys can someone help me please? I have one question and I really need the answer can I post gameplay videos and make live streams of the 10 hours early access trial without a problem?
of course I will put the music level down but I'm talking about embargoes, copyright etc if someone knows the answer please tell me thanks!

Hello guys can someone help me please? I have one question and I really need the answer can I post gameplay videos and make live streams of the 10 hours early access trial without a problem?
of course I will put the music level down but I'm talking about embargoes, copyright etc if someone knows the answer please tell me thanks!

yes you can

there are no embargoes or NDAs for playing a game through EA Access :) stream away!

Jtrizzy

so far so good! Endor looks great, although 720p is noticeable with aliasing/shimmering. This will be a good appetizer before the PS4 and PC versions though.

antone

Banned
I can't stop crashing. Driving a Speeder is harder and faster than I thought. Also., with all the single player stuff in the game with the 5 missions , battles and survival mode. Dice could have combine all of that and made a campaign. I mean , it is already there.

so far so good! Endor looks great, although 720p is noticeable with aliasing/shimmering. This will be a good appetizer before the PS4 and PC versions though.

Yup, its noticable but not as harsh like BF4 and Hardline were before.

Battlefront looks really amazing on Xbone too.

mileS

Keep the impressions coming people :) lovin it. Watched a few streams but I need sleep now. Looking forward to reading more tomorrow.

kriskrosbbk

I can't stop crashing. Driving a Speeder is harder and faster than I thought. Also., with all the single player stuff in the game with the 5 missions , battles and survival mode. Dice could have combine all of that and made a campaign. I mean , it is already there.

Hey ,there is a season pass as well.

antone

Banned
Hey ,there is a season pass as well.

The missions are story driven. So I was kinda shocked by that. It is like the game had a campaign. But they decided to do the missions based off the set pieces of a campaign. When you play the game , it will make more sense what I am talking about.

dc89

Thanks to working away for the best part of 6 weeks I didn't get to play the beta. It looked awesome though, strongly considering picking this up.

ST3K3LLY

Banned
Xbox one version is more than good enough, I pre ordered the pc version for my triple screen setup but am really liking it on my big tv. Excellent games out at the moment, especially on the xbox one it seems.

I need mission impressions. Are they fun and how repayable are they?

Maybe Dice pulled something out the bag with this mode.

Also missions can be done in co op right?

gossi

I took lots of screenshots on Xbox One this morning, but it looks like they have sharing disabled still - you can take the screenshot, but it won't let you publish it.

There's a level in a forest during a big storm, it looks fantastic.

haha. There is an xbox one challenge for killing 500 enemies during the 10 hours of EA access. After my session tonight, I am at 33%

I took lots of screenshots on Xbox One this morning, but it looks like they have sharing disabled still - you can take the screenshot, but it won't let you publish it.

There's a level in a forest during a big storm, it looks fantastic.

Yeah I grabbed a clip and noticed it didn't show up on the activity feed.

When the Empire has the Emperor out, there is an option to spawn as his guard. Shock trooper with extra health (that doesn't recharge) and a powerful gun. Pretty cool.

Saw someone play CTF on rainy endor

Fucking beautiful

Yeah whatever it's rendering at, whatever their post processing work is does a pretty damn good job on a sub-1080 render. And of course the texture assets, lighting and effects are just awesome.

gossi

Yeah whatever it's rendering at, whatever their post processing work is does a pretty damn good job on a sub-1080 render. And of course the texture assets, lighting and effects are just awesome.

Yep. Endor looks amazing, especially considering 720p. Like I said, the Imperial forest level during rain also looks fab. Getting solid fps, too.

Theorry

Downloading now. Most important are the frames for me. BF4 was rough, Hardline was quite solid so hope this one is better also. Beta was oke overall iirc.

Saw a guy playing on twitch without a helmet for his trooper. Didn't look right at all, definitely keeping standard trooper until I get the scout. Not a fan of the shadow trooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom