• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

MADGAME

So I played for a couple hours. Love the maps and design. Magnifique.

Initial heartburns - please DICE, if you read this please change:

• In Sabotage, the hero icons are visible at all times on-screen. They are obtrusive and in your face, blocking gameplay and it is a distraction. Please minimize or go back to the red dots.
  • The new "join the next game instantly" is flawed. Yes, you can join the next game right away, but it seems at the sacrifice of the end of round screen taking longer to load. This is bad because before players could adjust their hands for a new mode without wasting game time. Now, you can start right away but if you need to adjust your hand you could be lopsiding the game. I've joined many games where there were only a few people in for the first minute or two because everyone is adjusting their hands. Speed up the end of round and give a short delay before the next round starts!

Also, the new free Ion Disruptor Hutt Contract is not available to me. It is not in my list :( The DLC ones are there though.

Dantooine

Banned
Played a few rounds earlier. I think they've nailed the feel of Bespin. It was great. I also really like the partner system now, I never bothered spawning near my partner before but this gets you back into the action fast with clear benefits.

I think the way that map / mode rotation is handled isn't very good. In the core game you choose a mode, but in the dlc you choose... the dlc. We need a Season Pass holder tab where modes take in the dlc maps, where you can play everything.

Also the leak about instant action is brilliant, can't wait for this.

Instant action all but confirmed boysss

HYPE !!!

bVmSuNEl.jpg
lTv596Zl.jpg

QF9WTIZl.jpg
az2Xvoxl.jpg

Lulu23

I can't get rid of that icon showing up when you unlock something, even after "clearing" everything.
Very annoying for me, hope they fix this.

Did anyone notice that after the Outer Rim patch and knows if they fixed it with Bespin?

Nemic77

I have yet to be Lando damn it.

Do the new Heroes show up on the other playlists?

They do.

Just played a few rounds of Supremacy. DLT-19 is now lot's fun to use - Hadn't used it since the Beta test.

Also the Snowspeeder got a big nerf to its Jammer - Not sure if I saw that in the patch notes.

PrankT

Why provide a kill if someone only does 25 damage? Should be 50 or more damage.

The companion app now shows wins, losses, and draws in the various modes. This is why I hate Fighter Squadron:

Cargo 19/3/1
Supremacy 161/74/0
Sabotage 0/0/0
Walker Assault 129/56/0
Blast 10/0/0
Droid Run 116/53/0
Turning Point 26/16/0
Fighter Squadron 10/11/0
Drop Zone 172/44/7
Heroes v Villains 14/4/0
Hero Hunt 0/0/0
Extraction 19/7/0

somme

Yes. If you're close to the generator and land a kill you get bonus points for defending. Get 10 of those.

Cheers, thanks.

Only played two different maps so far, they felt quite samey. But I guess with it all being set on one planet/city that's to be expected.

Will see if the others are different!

Who thought Disruption would be a good idea? Play against a clan multiple times and they all were running around with EE-4 and Disruption.

LoveCake

Have the glitches/bugs in the Hutt missions been sorted out where they don't unlock?

Not been able to get on to play this this evening.

The EE-4 is alright, but the E-11 is still king.
I was running around with the EE-4 with Bacta Bomb and Scan Pulse/Disruption. And while those two work well on the really small maps, I find my traditional Personal Shield and Thermal Detonator still work better on the larger maps.

somme

Sorry for sounding like an idiot, but what does classic conquest entail?

Never really been a fan of online shooters but Star Wars and a PS4 lured me in. So yeah, not got a clue really.

Sorry for sounding like an idiot, but what does classic conquest entail?

Never really been a fan of online shooters but Star Wars and a PS4 lured me in. So yeah, not got a clue really.

Imagine supremacy but all flags are open for capture at any time. Both teams start with a set amount of points first to zero loses. You lose points by deaths on your side or the enemy team holding a majority of flags.

IMO the big maps really aren't designed for that type of match since they're pretty linear.

somme

Imagine supremacy but all flags are open for capture at any time. Both teams start with a set amount of points first to zero loses. You lose points by deaths on your side or the enemy team holding a majority of flags.

IMO the big maps really aren't designed for that type of match since they're pretty linear.

Ah, I see! Thanks for explaining.

I seem to only be playing on Cloud City. Damn bad luck getting the same one over and over.

Haven't yet gotten a chance to play Bespin but I'm looking forward to it tonight.

I have yet to be Lando damn it.

Do the new Heroes show up on the other playlists?

On that topic, I think they should randomize the order in which the heroes appear in HvV selection. Too many people memorize the order and just mash the buttons. Randomizing them would give everyone a fairer chance.

And I say this as a Vader fan that mashes the button.

Orcus

I found a fun bug. If you are waiting on players in the lobby it will detect you as idle and kick you. That's one way to depopulate a server.

WillyFive

Instant action would do such a huge deal in making the game much better. It took over 12 hours of gameplay for the normal Hoth Walker Assault map to even show up while playing online for me, and yet others kept repeating over and over again.

Instant action would do such a huge deal in making the game much better. It took over 12 hours of gameplay for the normal Hoth Walker Assault map to even show up while playing online for me, and yet others kept repeating over and over again.

You know you can select exactly what game/map you want to play, right? You dont have to just wait for the luck of the draw.

j-wood

How has the season pass been for this? I just played my first match in awhile and was impressed with the changes.

Though why did I have a dl-44 when I hadn't u locked it yet?

I really didn't mind the playlist for Outer Rim, I actually enjoyed it, but for Bespin they really need to change some things.
Really like the Cloud City map, but it's featured way to heavy.
If I'm not mistaken the rotation is something like:

WA>WA>SAB>SAB>TP>TP>DZ>SUP>SUP>BLAST>WA>WA.... etc...

So if you play like six matches in a row, you have to play at least four times on Cloud City. And if it's Cloud City's turn for Sabotage, six times in a row.
That's a bit too much if you ask me.
They really need to figure something out to mix it up some more.

MrDaravon

Played for a more few hours, largely pretty happy and really enjoy the new emphasis on teamwork with the partner stuff etc.

Balance-wise only things jumping out at me are that WA still seems to be heavily in the Imperials favor (still haven't seen the Rebels get the Walker below ~40%), the Ion Disruptor seems useless still (maybe they should allow it to do a small amount of damage to vehicles?), and Disruption is actually kind of disgustingly good. Like, really really good lol. And it's cool down is pretty good, I'm not sure I see this surviving as-is right now.

I saw this on Reddit, but as a pro-tip to anyone working on the Ion Disruptor Contracts, anything the Disruptor effects counts as a vehicle. So you can shoot turrets with no one on them, an AT-AT even if it's not vulnerable etc and you get the pop-up/bonus which counts towards the 20 vehicles disrupted. Turrets/droids count towards vehicles destroyed, but I assume most here already knew that.

Zereta

Despite it not being the Battlefront game I wanted, I had a lot of fun last winter playing the game. Haven't bought the season pass yet because that shit's expensive here (S$50 is way too much money for a season pass) but man Outer Rim and Bespin look awesome and Death Star and (presumably) Rouge One probably would be cool though.

I want to justify getting the season pass but man...

Instant Action might do it for me though.

MedicUnderFire

Neo Member
Played a couple of hours, enjoyed bespin, did some people glitching through some of the buildings and such. Got to play as Dengar and he's a pretty cool character. Managed to unlock the ee-4 and played a little bit with it, seems interesting. Hope to get some more play with it later tonight.

I'm always amazed by how fast people seem to unlock all the weapons and cards etc.

Dantooine

Banned
Played Bespin for three hours last night, didn't get to see the Carbon freezing chamber stage once. Is that just for blast?
Finally unlocked the EE-4. I kept getting killed by it so I guess it's good. I was really looking forward to Fighter Squadron, but after a few games it doesn't seem to be as intense as the other maps. Higher player count is good but something is off.

I bought this originally on my PS4, but with the ultimate super mega deluxe edition available on Origin for $60 I'm tempted to buy it for my PC and give it another go, especially with how good Bespin looks. Worth it?

Top Bottom