• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

MADGAME

I love the smell of patch notes in the morning!

Some odd sounding changes in there, about to boot up now and see what's what.

MADGAME

Man. This is the second time I left my PS4 in rest mode to download a Battlefront update and it didn't do it. WTF, it works for other games.

MADGAME

Try press Options on the game and "look for updates" or whatever it says

Thanks for the suggestion, it kicked in. It said the update was added to the download list, but was hanging without downloading. I restarted twice, but still hung for over 30 minutes. It just kicked in. I left it in rest mode so it would be ready when I woke up but oh well.

Thanks for the suggestion, it kicked in. It said the update was added to the download list, but was hanging without downloading. I restarted twice, but still hung for over 30 minutes. It just kicked in. I left it in rest mode so it would be ready when I woke up but oh well.

Did you install the PS4 firmware update?

Toa TAK

Banned
It was 80k for most of the levels between 50 and 60 (I think it started requiring 80k at somewhere around 53-55). I'm surprised it didn't increase to be honest.
My thoughts exactly. Plus, it's a breeze when they give us 2XP.

Still waiting on my download. :(

MrDaravon

The EE-4 is really freaking good in close to medium ranges. It's like a combo shotgun and rifle.

I like what I'm hearing here, I usually roll E-11 because I like to play the midrange game, but getting to occasionally use the CA-87 for challenges is always hilarious. A decent mix of the two might be right up my alley.

I'm not on yet, so is it just the one playlist for all Bespin content then? They REALLY need to do something with playlists, that's way too many modes and sides to have to play as to get to potentially the one that you care about.

MrDaravon

I don't understand how I am supposed to get 10 headshots with fucking pistols.

Honestly for those challenges I usually just use the DH-17 and the spread/recoil on that will take care of it for me eventually. I'm terrible with the DL-44 but that or the other DL's might be good for accuracy purposes if you can aim them well.

MrDaravon

I REALLY like how assists count as kills now (makes me feel way better about myself!), but does anyone know if they count as actual kills towards your overall stats, Challenges, team kill count in Blast etc?

Edit: Walker Assault on Bespin feels disgustingly weighted towards the Imperials. We got a TON of Y-Wings, but it seems way too hard to do a good amount of damage to the Walker with the way the map is laidout without immediately getting taken down, or alternatively the AT-AT has way too much health. First impressions of course so take it with a grain of salt, but I was with a pretty solid team with a lot of Y-Wings and we got it down to like...half? With the way both the uplinks on the last phase are practically next to each other I don't know if the intention is the Rebels do a lot of damage in the last phase, but lines of sight on the AT-AT on the last phase + map layout seemed to be working against us. Hm.

Toa TAK

Banned
Its like paper to infantry blaster fire.

You're not kidding.

s6xb4lU.gif

Excuse the ugly gif, but people, don't do it! They're death boxes.

MrDaravon

My problem with Fighter Squadron now is that with 16 players there's barely ANY NPC fighters in the air, and as someone who is not great in vehicles that was always a way I could contribute to my team. Now with rounds twice as long on top of there being almost nothing but human players that are going to wreck me? Yeah, once I get all my contract stuff done definitely quitting out if Fighter Squadron comes up in Bespin. That again though is always going to be a problem of having only ONE playlist with all of the modes in it, it actively fucks over people who don't want to sit in multiple rounds of a mode they don't want to play to get to one that they do.

Top Bottom