• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

I honestly don't think i'd mind if certain characters were mostly just reskinned to keep a good selection and variety without needing a huge amount of work.

Obi-Wan-> Mace, Qui Gon, other Jedi
Sabine + Boba-> Jango
Han(OT)->Han(TFA)
Han-> Lando, etc
Leia~> Padme

lawnchair

Banned
I'm glad they did.

We got a lot of great content out of it, like The Clone Wars, an expanded lore, etc.

Movie sucked, sure, but I don't get why people dog on those who like that era. A lot of us who liked it grew up with it in the same way older fans grew up with the OT. No one will ever take that away from us, especially the actual fans themselves. That's just insulting.

i understand, and i don't hate you or think you're a bad person, Toa TAK. you like what you like, that's fine. i was 15 when the phantom menace came out, and i thought the droid army sucked, the trade federation sucked, naboo sucked, the banana fighters, the shiny ship, jar jar binks, gungans, etc, etc. it just got worse as they piled on with count dooku and hayden christiansen love story, a god awful script, cartoony flipping ninja jedi, etc.

if i had been 7 when i first saw that movie instead of 15 i may have eaten all that shit up.

it's like losing your virginity. even if it's to a massively overweight girl with terrible acne, it's your first time, it's still pretty cool. ;)

Toa TAK

Banned
i understand, and i don't hate you or think you're a bad person, Toa TAK. you like what you like, that's fine. i was 15 when the phantom menace came out, and i thought the droid army sucked, the trade federation sucked, naboo sucked, the banana fighters, the shiny ship, etc, etc. it just got worse as they piled on with count dooku and hayden christiansen love story, a god awful script, cartoony flipping ninja jedi, etc.

if i had been 7 when i first saw that movie instead of 15 i may have eaten all that shit up.
No hard feelings or anything, lawnchair. I just feel like sometimes the fanbase has a hard time taking into consideration everyone at times.

lawnchair

Banned
No hard feelings or anything, lawnchair. I just feel like sometimes the fanbase has a hard time taking into consideration everyone at times.

i certainly have a hard time with it. i haven't talked to one human in my entire life who will admit to liking the prequels.

yet here on gaf many, many people seem to love it. i feel like im in the twilight zone sometimes

shingi70

Banned
i certainly have a hard time with it. i haven't talked to one human in my entire life who will admit to liking the prequels.

yet here on gaf many, many people seem to love it. i feel like im in the twilight zone sometimes

You ever think people DS not admit to liking them because of the backlash they'll get.

The Star Wars brand was still very strong and prequel and climate toys sold well so there have to be people who like them.

I we as seven when Phantom.meance came out and I know suite a few people my age fans to varying levels who like those films.

Tapejara

For me the Prequels are more or less disappointing films, but I really enjoy the media surrounding them. I loved both Clone Wars cartoons, one of my favourite Star Wars novels is the now non-canon Darth Plagueis, and I've had a lot of fun fighting droids and clone troopers in games like Battlefront II. I'm not going to defend the films, but I think it's unfair that some legitimately great pieces of Star Wars media get dismissed because they take place during that era.

Arttemis

Qui Gon, Obi Wan, Darth Maul, and Pod Racing were the only good things about the prequels, but none of them were worth the proliferation of spin-off travesties the prequel caused.

Jar Jar was a crime, and so was giving Yoda a lightsaber. The completely clashing aesthetics serve no place in the SW galaxy, and the rapid-speed evolution from chrome and amorphic curves aesthetic to the classic kit-bashed look of the original trilogy is off putting.

The less man hours put into that aspect of the game, the better.

I do hope the card system is completely abandoned. I'd rather have a class-based system than everything tied to cooldowns.

lawnchair

Banned
I hope we'll get Jar Jar as a hero and that they'll make him the strongest one in the game, like they did with Greedo and Nien Nunb.

e678f395bfe15e0e3363112674e490a4.jpg

I wouldn't mind if they removed Nien Nunb and Greedo.

Shit, there doesn't even need to be an equal number of heroes and villains. If you limit the amount of heroes/villains to 2 per game (or 2 at a time), then you can easily work around it.

WillyFive

Half of them want DICE to just reskin Battlefield 1 and can't accept that Battlefront is allowed to have it's own gameplay.

No one is saying that. Battlefront already had it's own gameplay with heroes and space battles; but making a reskinned Battlefield would actually be closer to the original Battlefront gameplay than the game DICE made.

No one is saying that. Battlefront already had it's own gameplay with heroes and space battles; but making a reskinned Battlefield would actually be closer to the original Battlefront gameplay than the game DICE made.
No it wouldn't. At all. The original games were based on Battlefield 1942. Battlefield 1 plays nothing like 1942. Battlefront 2015 shares the same core gunplay as the original Battkefronts.

I was looking at the heroes and villain list for the OG Battlefront II and there are more heroes than villains in that game. I thought that was odd then remembered that there was a limit to how many heroes could be active in the current match (1) so it didn't really matter.

Just thought they could do that again so they wouldn't have to dig up some really obscure character to even things out.

Palpable

I was looking at the heroes and villain list for the OG Battlefront II and there are more heroes than villains in that game. I thought that was odd then remembered that there was a limit to how many heroes could be active in the current match (1) so it didn't really matter.

Just thought they could do that again so they wouldn't have to dig up some really obscure character to even things out.

I was more confused as to why you said to remove Greedo & Nien.

I was more confused as to why you said to remove Greedo & Nien.
Well, they're rather boring to play. Nien Nunb has a bunch of abilities that are available to regular infantry but more powerful. Greedo is kinda the same but also has that one unique shooting ability.

I don't mind them being in the game but I wouldn't miss them either.

But some of us like obscure characters...
And if they're really going the no holds barred toy box route, why remove awesome characters as Nien Nunb and Greedo? The more the merrier right?

GeeTeeCee

I just got around to watching the trailer. I was already sold anyway just based on the amount of time I got out of the first Battlefront, but everything I've seen and heard about the sequel is very, very encouraging.

Top Bottom