• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Trailer, game will be 60 fps

Circinus

Edit: Apparently this is a digital storefront issue of when Microsoft lets people pre-order on Xbox Live as opposed to a timed exclusivity deal.

Timed exclusive ability to pre-order the game. I think we've hit new levels of stupidity.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/buy

timedexclusiveqgom4.png

Phew. Thought we were about the hit a new low.

529172_1.jpg

SONY exclusive marketing rights!

ok trailer

O.O

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

People cheering for platform-specific branded marketing material. We've hit a new low.

Armadilo

Banned
Why can't people believe that it will look at least half as good on consoles ? This is DICE's first current gen only game

Mouse Cop

I dont see the game running at a locked 60fps, but maybe the pilot sections will run that high? Don't mind the on-rails AT-ATs they were butt in BF2 anyway, moved way too slow to do anything on something like Hoth. 4 planets confirmed, so how many maps per planet? Or will it be just 4 maps because if so that would really suck.

Circinus

Honestly, the trailer didn't to that much for me. It was good, but nothing extra-ordinary. Just rock-solid Star Wars action sequences. (I'm not that big of a Star Wars fan, so that might be a factor too)

I guess my expectations were high due to the hype and anticipation.

I thought the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer from a couple of weeks ago was much better. :)

molnizzle

Gamers have a habit of rewarding publishers who continually misrepresent and launch broken games.

I plan on waiting it out and see how the game turns out before handing over my money.

Same here. I'm a huge Star Wars nerd and this trailer has me "frothing at the mouth," so to speak. But there's no fucking way I'm trusting EA and DICE to deliver on their promises before the game is actually out in the wild.

Day 2 for me, if it works.

M.W.

Didn't Dice do this with BF4? Didn't they have some footage behind doors that only the media saw? That turned out pretty good on consoles.

PnCIa

Looks very good, as expected. The quality of the graphics is not the thing i would worry about.

Think about the disaster that was Battlefield 4.
Also, they will DLC the shit out of this game, count on it. I wonder how many maps the actual game will have....and how many more we can buy afterwards.

Ryaaan14

Banned
My favorite thing about it is how the camera movement and animations fit exactly with the style of the trilogy. The fucking AT-AT looks like it's using stop-motion. Crazy.

Looks very good, as expected. The quality of the graphics is not the thing i would worry about.

Think about the disaster that was Battlefield 4.
Also, they will DLC the shit out of this game, count on it. I wonder how many maps the actual game will have....and how many more we can buy afterwards.

They will provide plenty of content.
Hell, Dice is still planning content for BF4.

I'll be buying the season pass or "premium".

My favorite thing about it is how the camera movement and animations fit exactly with the style of the trilogy. The fucking AT-AT looks like it's using stop-motion. Crazy.

The AT-AT exploding looks exactly like they blew up a real model, like in the original films, brought a smile to my face.

jelly

A BF3/4 sizzle reel would have been much better but from the way the media are talking, it sounds like they watched a few tightly scripted situation demonstrations. Oh well, roll on E3.

ViciousDS

Banned
I have my doubts as with any *In game engine* footage. 60 fps with those visuals on a PS4? No way.......it feels like Watch Dogs all over agian. Which don't get me wrong, I fucking loooovveeeddd watch dogs.

I'll wait for gameplay before I get insanely hyped. Which due to marketing means this will be at the Sony conference at E3 most likely.

I'm all for the PS4 (I own one) but I agree - if people get crazy over who's marketing the game - then yea.....LOL @you!!

It increases the chance of a bundle which could be dope. It can also mean more players on PS4 which means longer shelf life.

It's really not that big of a deal. I'm glad Sony is making an effort to make sure the PS4 is the version to play.

le.phat

Pretty hype! And i for one am glad that sony picked up the game. Means that the ps4 version will be thoroughly shown with no nasty suprises. Also means that i will get all the extra content that sony pays for. Look, im no fan of these deals, but this is a sad fact of the industry and this game was going to be picked up regardless. Rather be on the winning team then.

vin-buc

It increases the chance of a bundle which could be dope. It can also mean more players on PS4 which means longer shelf life.

It's really not that big of a deal. I'm glad Sony is making an effort to make sure the PS4 is the version to play.

If people are going stir crazy over marketing deals - that's a little overboard IMO.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Cool cinema, can't wait to see the actual game in action.

I guess we'll eventually have the "downgrade" thread from all of those who thought this was real footage.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
This looks incredible. Why couldn't Battlefield be like this? What I mean by this is, the Battlefield 3 game looked more realistic in regards to modern war than Battlefield 4 did...and Star Wars Battlefront looks like the freaking movie come to video game life...I can't wait!

gatti-man

Damn this just in-engine. Sorry but that's worth absolutely nothing, it's like a concept video and it gives us no indication about how the game will actually look and play on the PS4, so lame.

"Breaking the internet" sure EA :|

In engine does mean something. Or are all of you just upset because it wasn't console footage? The game probably isn't ready to be shown yet in game. We all know what happens when you show a game too early in game. Everyone freaks out.

Pritchardo

Neo Member

but the version to play is the pc version?

Top Bottom