• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Trailer, game will be 60 fps

Blitz7x

Neo Member
My favorite thing about it is how the camera movement and animations fit exactly with the style of the trilogy. The fucking AT-AT looks like it's using stop-motion. Crazy.

This was the point of the trailer, not to show gameplay. To set the tone

adelante

I don't see the problem. Especially if it means the potential for a bundle.
People need not get worked up over something someone's excited for.
Trying to temper someone's enjoyment isn't really useful.

It's not so much the benefits of such deal that's gotten people worked up. It's how that poster reacted; you know as well as most people here that exclusive deals are generally frowned upon and therefore can lead to heated debates so why would you want to encourage that kind of behaviour around here?

I pre-ordered a Deluxe PS4 and Standard PC copy.

My girlfriend is currently scolding me for it and I. Don't. Even. Care.

No stoppin' this Hype Star.

rager

Banned
The scene with Boba Fett seems to be the location Jakku from the trailer, you can see the star destroyer crashing in the background. Does that mean Boba is Back?

Then I see no reason to get excited over developer, publisher or audience tweets.

The trailer looks unbelievable. So much in fact I don't believe that is what it will actually look like on even a PC.

Until we have near final code in the people's hand we can't determine what is real or bullshot.

Developers and publisher are going to say what we want to hear but that doesn't mean it's true.

So the planets are
1) Hoth
2) Endor
3) Tatooine
4) Sullust

Got to say that's a pretty diverse, but that still leaves out a dozen other planets that were in the previous games.

Then Jakku in December. I imagine whatever DLC plans they have would include Coruscant, Yavin 4, and the Death Star. Hopefully space battles as well, as much as it would send GAF into a fit if those were released as paid DLC.

This guy is answering questions about the gameplay presentation he saw.

2015-04-1720_31_20-bajsu12.png

2015-04-1720_34_46-ba4qu5i.png

2015-04-1720_32_28-ba0cuy4.png

Literally the only people who are saying it looks the same are twitter accounts tied to the IP.

Give me all the other people who are seeing this gameplay and put them on twitter, then I'll change my tune.

Why do you guys think the graphics won't look like this? It said in-game footage.

To me, it's no different than when DICE showed Battlefield Bad Company 2 multiplayer trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLYdoodBh5w

It was in-game...just show from different angles in-game.

I don't see the difference here.

It said in-engine.

You can crank up anything you want and max out the potential of the engine, and have the game look nothing like it due to the specs of the consoles and computers its running on.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
AT-AT being on rails, and Y-Wings being a call-in power rather than just flying the Y-Wings yourself sounds concerning.

It increases the chance of a bundle which could be dope. It can also mean more players on PS4 which means longer shelf life.

It's really not that big of a deal. I'm glad Sony is making an effort to make sure the PS4 is the version to play.

It also means no risk of waiting months for dlc, waiting for Betas, and no risk of gameplay trailers not shown until launch.

I'm not gonna start dancing if my console of choice gets co-marketing, but I'm going to be happy about it.

Tagyhag

Given this relies on heavy player count and given how much more this game will sell on console, it might as well be.

I can see that. But I also don't see the PC version being a wasteland.

What would you rather have?

A better looking, better running game with free online and a community of players that use teamwork, or a game with a bigger player count in which you won't notice because you won't have trouble finding games in either version?

Marvel

could never
Then I see no reason to get excited over developer, published or audience tweets.

The trailer looks unbelievable. So much in fact I don't believe that is what it will actually look like on even a PC.

Until we have near final code in the people's hand we can't determine what is real or bullshot.

Developers and publisher are going to say what we want to hear but that doesn't mean it's true.

All above points reasonable. It is how I too am handling this for now.

Though it could be one of my most wanted games ever in a very long time should EA/DICE deliver.

It said in-game footage.

No they didn't, no it isn't.

I pre-ordered a Deluxe PS4 and Standard PC copy.

My girlfriend is currently scolding me for it and I. Don't. Even. Care.

No stoppin' this Hype Star.

Human relationships are more important than entertainment. Preordering a game that will be readily available at launch is just dumb.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It also means no risk of waiting months for dlc, waiting for Betas, and no risk of gameplay trailers not shown until launch.

I'm not gonna start dancing if my console of choice gets co-marketing, but I'm going to be happy about it.
Getting to see footage from the marketed platform ahead of time and knowing that the platform in question is a development priority are the benefits that make a difference to me. Nothing to get excited over though.

It's clear why they used the words 'in engine'

This is as representative of how it's going to look ingame as source film maker machinimas are representative of how TF2 looks ingame

When I think about it, BF4 on PS4 was really impressive, and it was a launch title (completely unoptimized for the system + I'm sure Sony has made some improvements to the SDK since then).

I wouldn't be THAT surprised if Battlefront ends up looking like that.

^ Yep. The footage looked good, but actually on par with what you'd expect on BF4, which was a launch title that supported last-gem systems too.

Footage they showed looks fantastic. I hope most people understand that it's not what the final product will look like, and definitely not at 60 fps. Was hoping for gameplay like a match but I'm sure we'll see that at E3.

If they are so confident show to the public, why behind closed doors?

trying to sell the convention probably. There really havent been ANY exclusives for people actually at the convention, besides this. Even a lot of the "exclusive" toys released there were released online as well

TTUVAPOR

Banned
All above points reasonable. It is how I too am handling this for now.

Though it could be one of my most wanted games ever in a very long time should EA/DICE deliver.

No they didn't, no it isn't.

Game-engine footage...what does that mean to you?

Top Bottom