• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Trailer, game will be 60 fps

brett2

I know the final graphics won't look quite like the trailer but so what? I'm still excited for this game and the new movie. It's going to be a great year for Star Wars fans. I'll watch the movie opening night and the game...well I'll wait a few days after launch just to be safe :)

Stoof

No way the game will look like that on consoles and I'll gladly eat crow if it does. I'm still tentatively hyped, though I'm hoping EA doesn't mess this up. Show us some good gameplay footage soon pls.

Ambient80

2015-04-1010_42_58-dejcjae.png

2015-04-1620_45_08-da50uox.png

idontbelieveyou.gif

Sorry, been burned too many times. Most recently with AC Unity. I'll be thrilled if they deliver, but I'm not gonna go full hype mode until I see some true gameplay footage.

JSR_Cube

Add me into the pile with the skeptics. I've been burned too many times, especially by EA with bullshots and trailers.

I agree it looks cool though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
damn I'm concerned now. All my hype blown away just like that, because

1. no gameplay footage
2. but pre order already up
3. footage looks "too good" to be true

hope I'm wrong, tho

Even if it looks too good to be true, BF4 still looks good. So even if it doesn't look as good as the trailer, battlefield wih a Star Wars theme and Bf4 level graphics still sounds damn good.

Even though I'm looking forward to this, I'm not confident in preordering after the BF4 launch. Only way is if there's a big beta that runs smoothly for me.

I'll probably try it via EA Access on the One before getting it. If they had shown HUD, 1st and 3rd person views I would have pre ordered it for my PS4 today.
Not getting fooled again like with the WatchDogs footage, no f###ing way it will look that good in a 40 player MP match.

Even if it looks too good to be true, BF4 still looks good. So even if it doesn't look as good as the trailer, battlefield wih a Star Wars theme and Bf4 level graphics still sounds damn good.

I totally agree. And yes it's not EA or DICE's fault that I was expecting great instead of good. It's just sth that has me worried, can't explain it. Hope I'm wrong anyways.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
No way the game will look like that on consoles and I'll gladly eat crow if it does. I'm still tentatively hyped, though I'm hoping EA doesn't mess this up. Show us some good gameplay footage soon pls.
I think it will. Just not at that image quality. The game, judging by this trailer, is using similar rendering features at similar quality that The Order 1886 is using. It's just that it's much more colorful, and of course open world. Open world part makes it hard to believe, but again, DICE is a huge team compared to RAD with far more resources and EA money, and a game made by a small team of people can't remain the best looking forever.

Pre order for bonus content....m'kaaaay.

That and I get the feeling they're going to add hero characters as killstreak rewards which I honestly hate a lot. Give me some actual gameplay not a tech demo.

misterck

I believe that if the game had a single player campaign (which it doesn't) then that portion of the game could look close to the trailer but no way in hell the multiplayer component is going to look anywhere near that.

How am i supposed to get excited when the real game will be nothing even close to that? Plus it was badly cut constantly changing the camera angle barf ! Look like that and be 60 fps ROFL !!! Who believes that?

-SD-

Banned
Definitely needs to be released as a downloadable 1080p 60fps high-bit-rate (HBR) version.

Come on, EA, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

I think it will. Just not at that image quality. The game, judging by this trailer, is using similar rendering features at similar quality that The Order 1886 is using. It's just that it's much more colorful, and of course open world. Of course, the open world part makes it hard to believe, but again, DICE is a huge team compared to RAD with far more resources and EA money, and a game made by a small team of people can't remain the best looking forever.
Even beyond IQ, this is more technically impressive than the order in almost every category (yes, I can easily claim that). And you still imagine it will look like the trailer just minus the IQ (and at 60fps)?
Definitely needs to be released as a downloadable 1080p 60fps high-bit-rate (HBR) version.

Come on, EA, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

I would like this as well.

This can't be Dice. The sound didn't cut out for the first 12 seconds of the map/trailer.

I'm middle of the road with this. Held out on Hardline, but loved the old Battlefront's. Dice has put out some of my favorite shooters of all time, and between the "no battlelog" comment earlier on GAF and this snazzy trailer I want to believe.

N30RYU

Gold Member

I don't care who says it... it's bullshit... but is even worse if isn't PR Bullshit...

someone managed to play something live or just they saw a "gameplay" recorded video...

Will be downgrades everywere... 60fps... 2 players split-screen... don't make me laught.

See you all around when the shitstorm approaches when they show real gameplay footage.

oti

Banned
I don't care who says it... it's bullshit... but is even worse if isn't PR Bullshit...

someone managed to play something live or just they saw a "gameplay" recorded video...

Will be downgrades everywere... 60fps... 2 players split-screen... don't make me laught.

See you all around when the shitstorm approaches when they show real gameplay footage.

#believe

Slixshot

Banned
I understand people's disbelief, but let's not forget the difference between launch 360 games and the games that were made two years later.

Call of Duty 2 (360 launch game):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRy_w-JQl0Y

Call of Duty Modern Warfare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETFFyw2Btoc

and yes, it's a different engine... but let's look at a series that has been using the same engine and simply modifying it between games:

Arkham Asylum 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02utCE9AQB4

Arkham City 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V1ZF5cNYCs

Arkham Knight 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slI8eSk_NTY

If DICE can make a game like Battlefield 4 look as good as it did at the launch of the system (broken online sure but we're talking looks), I'm sure with the time they've had to delve into the system's capabilities, the game can look as good as what we've just seen.

Nizz

I'm trying to find where they stated this would be 60fps. Regardless, I'm excited for this and the movie of course.

Doc Az

Neo Member
Pre order for bonus content....m'kaaaay.

That and I get the feeling they're going to add hero characters as killstreak rewards which I honestly hate a lot. Give me some actual gameplay not a tech demo.

I'm pretty sure they were unlocked for use due to the amount of points being earned, back in Battlefront 2, but I don't see them being killstreaks, due to the fact that this isn't CoD. The best way is to basically give the option to the best player after they pass a certain number of points.

That or make them like 'Commanders' in Battlefield 4, as in something you select that you want to be before finding a lobby, and have them be present all throughout the match.

Like I said in the other thread, the base game doesn't look much better than BF4 but the enhanced lighting and textures (PBR and photogrammery) makes the IQ so much better.

I don't think this game will have a problem running at at least 900p 60fps on the PS4 as it stands now.

Odah

Banned
Like I said in the other thread, the base game doesn't look much better than BF4 but the enhanced lighting and textures (PBR and photogrammery) makes the IQ so much better.

I don't think this game will have a problem running at at least 900p 60fps on the PS4 as it stands now.

Anubis is better than you

ultrazilla

The trailer is exciting. I'm not convinced the real gameplay will look anything close to that.

Bah. Enough with rendered cinematic trailers. SHOW YOUR CUSTOMERS THE ACTUAL GAMEPLAY!!!

I'm pretty sure they were unlocked for use due to the amount of points being earned, back in Battlefront 2, but I don't see them being killstreaks, due to the fact that this isn't CoD. The best way is to basically give the option to the best player after they pass a certain number of points.

That or make them like 'Commanders' in Battlefield 4, as in something you select that you want to be before finding a lobby, and have them be present all throughout the match.

Either way I really disliked how the best player basically got to play a different game for a limited amount of time because of how well he was doing.

Top Bottom