• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Trailer, game will be 60 fps

I'm glad to see that there's shit unique to Star Wars in there that doesn't just make this a super mod of BF4 where the gameplay is the same

The bubble shield equipment is the type of shit I'm looking for. Same thing with jetpacks. That stuff hints at something uniquely different.

Doc Az

Neo Member
Either way I really disliked how the best player basically got to play a different game for a limited amount of time because of how well he was doing.

It's really hard to balance something like that, I mean, the best way to balance them would be to make them AI controlled, but that would get so much shit, and with good reason. Who doesn't want to play with a lightsaber? Really hope they find a good way to make it possible for even the players that aren't doing too well to play as the 'Heroes and Villains'.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Even beyond IQ, this is more technically impressive than the order in almost every category (yes, I can easily claim that). And you still imagine it will look like the trailer just minus the IQ (and at 60fps)?

I would like this as well.
The most impressive improvements over BF4 to me here are the high quality material shaders, high quality motion blur and high quality animation. Lighting is probably combination of precomputed and realtime, like in BF4. BF4 already had some of the most impressive character animation I've seen, so I doubt they'd regress there. However, it won't have this kind of hand-scripted animation, of course. It looks like a natural improvement over BF4 to me, with added PBR, better assets/art and more complex lighting much of which is precomputed probably. Micro detail and characters don't look as good as TO1886, which is natural for a non-linear game. As for 60FPS, the game will likely be 30-60FPS much like BF4 multi, and running in 900p.

Arjac

Yep, still waiting for gameplay.
I mean the gadgets shown were kinda interesting, but this isn't like Mankind Divided where we didn't already know what it was going to be about.
Still, comparing this to the screenshots and E3 footage makes me think that the visuals will be similar to this, so that's cool.
Hoping this doesn't end up as just reskinned BF4, because I kinda liked the more arcade-y feel of the Pandemic games.

Merc_

Hahaha, as expected. The final game won't look anything like that, especially on consoles.

lol at the lack of gameplay footage.

Krakn3Dfx

Hahaha, as expected. The final game won't look anything like that, especially on consoles.

lol at the lack of gameplay footage.

Saw this posted elsewhere, never saw it before, but now I can't stop laughing.
93UEbV9.jpg

Jackfrags said they were at Dice recently to see the game running (actual gameplay) and that it was running on ps4 and looked amazing.

18-Volt

Day 1 material right here.

But I really want to see more Clone Wares stuff. I know a lot of people love sequel trilogy to death but "real" battles were in Clone wars. Sequels only have little guerrilla conflict that's all.

Just tell me that I can play with Asajj Ventress or Grevious.

I'm personally more interested to see gameplay just because I'm curious as to how it will play, and what mechanics are used. I'm confident that with it being next gen only the graphics will be passable even if they don't look like what we saw in the trailer.

Was I the only one not impressed by this, as in not impressed in the context of this not being actual gameplay. Looks impressive but until we see gameplay, I can't imagine it running at 60 fps.

KDC720

Wished they showed some gameplay, but it's about what I expected anyway. No space battles kinda stinks, but I'm A-OK with everything else as long as the game plays good.

Frostbite is a good looking engine, but there is no way (on consoles anyway) it can output those graphics at 60 FPS. Usually I don't even care about graphics that much, but this really feels a bit shady on EA's part. Just really wish they will show us actual gameplay soon.

people put way too much emphasis on resolution. graphic fidelity is much more important and going forward i dont think we will see many 1080p games as devs push graphics even more

Why do you guys think the graphics won't look like this? It said in-game footage.

To me, it's no different than when DICE showed Battlefield Bad Company 2 multiplayer trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLYdoodBh5w

It was in-game...just show from different angles in-game.

I don't see the difference here.

Yeah I assumed that we were gonna get something like that BC2 MP trailer you posted

Typically how it goes with DICE. Some teaser 1-2 months before E3. Then at E3 they just dump an entire lengthy gameplay demo on the public.

Wil348

SY3GDTf.jpg

Hmmmmmm Interesting

I don't think they would have the final resolution down just yet. If it is 720p on PS4;
A. The game must look incredible
B. Xbox One though....

Its possible it's just a placeholder though, 900p on PS4 is a safe bet.

yuraya

DICE does make some good looking games but this one is going to have splitscreen and its running 60 fps. Visuals are probably going to suffer a bit. With 40 player battles there are going to be things flying and exploding so your should most certainly expect frame rate to dip.

Don't do this to yourself GAF. Lower your expectations pls lol.

I need to know a lot more about sp before I get interested. Nice trailer though. I think they could hit those graphics in sp 30fps (look at the order or killzone sf), but mp 60fps: not likely.

Top Bottom