• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Trailer, game will be 60 fps

Ominym

Banned
529172_1.jpg

SONY exclusive marketing rights!

ok trailer

This is some pretty embarrassing shit right here.

Wavebossa

Yeah.... no. There might be SCENES in the game that look like that. But we want to see footage of someone playing the actual game and having it look like that.

We (or at least I) remain reasonably skeptical. I'm still getting it day 1, but... come on now.

LevelNth

Banned
Isn't this an FPS?

What's the need to see gameplay? You see the front two-thirds of a gun, you point, you shoot stuff that moves.

woen

I posted this is another thread where I mentioned they have Noken on the team (I hope?) who made some absolutely fantastic choreographed trailers for their multiplayer parts of the Battlefield series since BF:BC2. They could have just had him make a multiplayer trailer and hype people up with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJsLKqYctW4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5lnzScc6ZE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrnm6SeAaRI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDfPxF3EFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LrzHMEuzi0

They are choreographed and staged as hell, but I was absolutely psyched to play the multiplayer after watching these.

You'll see this for the E3 press conference (alongside with live demo) or maybe before and surely after.

I imagine one of Sonys announcements this E3 will be an exclusive beta like Destiny and Hardline.

Hopefully the game looks as good as the trailer!!!!

it won't

I'm expecting Battlefront at Sony's E3 and Gamescom pressers. They're gonna push this hard.

It'll probably be like some previous EA conferences where they show a trailer or some gameplay but then cut it off and say tune in to Sony's conference for the rest. I'd guess that's where the inevitable PS4 Battlefront will be announced. Everyone knows it's coming.

EL CUCO

Great day to be back.

Looks like EA found a loop hole to my "no more buying EA games" since the BF4 debacle.

The force was too stronk.

demigod

Looks good but i'm betting its running on high end PC hardware. There's no way this is running on PS4 or Xbone.

Elandyll

Banned
Hope they don't pull some Destiny bullshit and give ps4 exclusive stuff. They can have weapon skins or something if they want. I just don't want to have guns and maps and shit withheld from me.

I despise third party exclusives, but if DAI is any indication, the standard EA modus operandi is a DLC that'll be exclusive for around 2 months.

Not sure it'll be the case though, as their "annualized" BF (Battlefield/ Battlefield Hardline/ Battlefront) is probably a bigger deal than the Dragon Age franchise.

Calcium

Banned
I'm skeptical as to whether the game will actually look that good. Really looking forward to getting my hands on this in November.

Sure.

Exclusive marketing, no matter what the platform is disgusting and deceiving in the sense it comes off as if it's exclusive to one platform when it isn't. To brag about such things is even worse.

I don't really see the problem with it at all.
I could see that being a problem if the non marketed versions sold poorly, but that's never really the case.

"In-Engine" has become the new politically correct term for "CGI": Pre-rendered in-game assets with enhanced pp effects is still CGI, developers!

molnizzle

This is some pretty embarrassing shit right here.

Have you guys not watched a video game trailer over the last five years or something? Pretty much every major AAA release has this. CoD, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Madden, etc. This is standard procedure for co-marketing deals.

zlatko

Banned
Gameplay or GTFO.

I don't believe the game will look even half as good as they are showing it will be here.

#don'tbelievetheirlies

eh, I'll wait till they show actual gameplay footage instead of this bs. don't even expect the game to look even half as good as that.

Bacon

Have you guys not watched a video game trailer over the last five years or something? Pretty much every major AAA release has this. CoD, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Madden, etc. This is standard procedure for co-marketing deals.

He's talking about the post that was cheering the fact that sony got marketing rights

aerts1js

Why are so many people commenting on the "PS4" before the trailer? just sounds salty.. it's coming out on every current gen platform.

Ominym

Banned

The guy posted a mountain of "yes" .gifs in response to Playstation getting marketing rights. You're reading it wrong.

I'll just post this here so it makes more sense as quoting it doesn't do it justice.

Of course they have. They just needed something to bitch and complain about.

Really getting tired of game trailers showing little to no gameplay whatsoever. It doesn't help that EA has an INFAMOUS history of bullshotting "in-engine" footage. Whatever, I'm just more concerned about how the thing will play... crossing fingers for bots!

Top Bottom