• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Trailer, game will be 60 fps

vlcsnap-2015-04-17-13kvssf.png

vlcsnap-2015-04-17-13bdswr.png

vlcsnap-2015-04-17-132csus.png

Quotient

It is impressive, but at the same not impressive in that we have no idea what hardware was running that game, it would well be dual GTX Titan X.

I think we should all lower our expectation and wait until we get definitive console footage, or at least an idea of the PC specifications and its resultant image quality.

If it actually looked like that then why not just show some gameplay or even better, have made the trailer using only gameplay footage?

Oh that's right, because it fucking doesn't.
Yeah, I find it hard to interpret this any other way.

I'm sure it'll still look incredible, and thats fine, but it seems safe to assume the trailer is not truly representative of the experience we're going to get.

weevles

the game seems promising, but yeah I want to see some gameplay footage before I get too excited. The starfighter footage just makes me want a new x-wing vs tie fighter game though...

FireCloud

Nice trailer. Would watch again. 5/5

Just hope the game comes somewhere in the ballpark to what's going on in the trailer. Seems difficult to imagine they are already able to get this sort of power out of the current gen consoles in actual game play. ...targeting 1080p/60fps....yeah, that too....

UnrealEck

The graphics look like a natural progression from BF4 to DAI to this. It sort of has a similar look to DAI's lighting and effects, which I thought was better than BF4's.

Unicorn

I really really want vehicle controls and combat to be good. I want to be a speeder biker hotshot. I want to rock the snowspeeder

platocplx

OK, lets be real, If they had a demo that looked remotely that good, they would be trumpeting it from mountain tops, not be all cloak and dagger.

It will come. They are building the hype star. Doesnt make sense to show a demo publicly so far from release. They probably will closer to release or during E3

yohan12

I can comfim 100% that the footage at 1:41 is gameplay, and when it cuts out of the x-wing it's a just a free camera.

Heroman

Banned
The trailer does noting for me, it just star wars shit that I seen before. if it was gameplay than it would be a different story.

RoKKeR

I'm actually sort of disappointed it's 60fps. Really hope it looks and runs respectably on consoles. Please no 720 for the bone.

Otherwise I'm hyped.

Also people cheering marketing rights is just embarrassing.

Swass

SONY exclusive marketing rights!

Well it certainly puts Aaron Greenbergs tweet into perspective as the marketing deal probably kicked in as of this trailer meaning Microsoft won't be able to even utter the words Star Wars Battlefront. Battlefront cologne incoming..?

rschauby

Banned
Pure bullshots.

They showed zero real gameplay. I predict this will be the most overhyped disappotment of this generation.

Rootbeer

Banned
So there are sandcrawlers exactly like the ones on Tattooine on Jakku?

Just what makes Jakku special anyway? They could easily have just used Tattooine.

I'm glad it's not tattooine... yet AGAIN... I just want to know why Jakku seems so similar to it.

Tawpgun

Hope they don't pull some Destiny bullshit and give ps4 exclusive stuff. They can have weapon skins or something if they want. I just don't want to have guns and maps and shit withheld from me.

Top Bottom