• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
swco2017-key-art.jpg

Star Wars Celebration is back! After a successful trip to London in 2016, Celebration returns to the US at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando. The event runs from Thursday, April 13th, to Sunday, April 16th and looks set to be one of the most action-packed so far. Not only is Celebration kicking off the 40th anniversary celebrations for the original film, but we can also expect to get our first look at the eighth episode in the saga at the panel for ‘The Last Jedi' on Friday.

This year's Celebration will also be an opportunity to celebrate the amazing life of Carrie Fisher after she sadly passed away at the end of last year. Mark Hamill will be providing his own special tribute to Carrie in a panel on Friday. She will be missed.

Tickets for the event are still available from the Star Wars Celebration website if you can make it to Orlando.

VrwxgFB.jpg

Watch THE LAST JEDI teaser here.

C9YRt1SXkAEYN-k.jpg

Watch the Day 1 Livestream here.

Keep an eye on the Official playlist which should update as the event goes on.

You can view the full schedule for the event here, but I've picked out a few of the highlights to look out for. As with previous events, many of the panels will be streamed on the Star Wars Show LIVE.

The Star Wars Show LIVE will be streaming from Celebration Orlando beginning Thursday, April 13, through Sunday, April 16, featuring celebrity guests, interviews with Star Wars creators, must-see panels, and much more. Andi Gutierrez and Anthony Carboni are set to host, bringing you all the action as it happens.

Verizon and The Star Wars Show LIVE will deliver 30-plus hours of live streamed content on StarWars.com, including the highly-anticipated Star Wars 40th Anniversary and Star Wars Rebels panels, a special discussion with Star Wars: The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, and much more.

Donate to Force For Change with Omaze to win the chance to visit Skywalker Ranch, be in the Han Solo film or attend the premiere for The Last Jedi. It's all for a great cause!

40 Years of Star Wars

40bannerxou4k.png

Watch the 40 Years of Star Wars Panel Stream here.

April 13, 2017 - 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM EDT / 08:00 AM – 09:30 AM PT / 16:00 PM – 17:30 PM BST

A very special tribute to the 40th anniversary of Star Wars will kick start Celebration Orlando in grand fashion. The panel, hosted by Warwick Davis, will feature Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy and discussions with some of the saga's brightest stars, highlighting the impact of the galaxy far, far away and the fandom that has propelled it for the last four decades.

Although many galactic-sized surprises are still being saved for the event, Lucasfilm is excited to announce some new panelists that are among the biggest names in Star Wars.

Hayden Christensen (Anakin Skywalker), star of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, returns to Celebration for the first time since 2002. Christensen will also meet fans and sign autographs at the show.

He joins an impressive list of Star Wars greats at the panel, including: Kathleen Kennedy (Lucasfilm president), Dave Filoni (executive producer, Star Wars Rebels), Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Ian McDiarmid (the Emperor/Darth Sidious), Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), and Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian).

Dave Filoni: Animated Origins and Unexpected Fates

rsz_filoni7yu7d.png

April 13, 2017 - 13:30 PM - 14:30 PM EDT / 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM PT / 18:30 PM – 19:30 PM BST

Dave Filoni, Executive Producer and Supervising Director of Star Wars Rebels and Supervising Director of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, is joined on stage by creative executive Pablo Hidalgo. They'll discuss some of the most cherished characters to come out of Lucasfilm Animation, reveal some untold origins of heroes and rogues, and with rare clips and artwork, they will track the surprising fates of this generation of Star Wars characters.

The Music of Rogue One: Analysis with David Collins

rogueonemusic85ubb.png

April 13, 2017 - 15:30 PM - 16:30 PM EDT / 12:30 PM – 13:30 PM PT / 20:30 PM – 21:30 PM BST

Come celebrate the music of Star Wars as host David Collins explores the connections between Michael Giacchino's score for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and the legendary work of John Williams in the saga films. The music will be analyzed in connection to story and character, breaking down both new and classic themes.

Doug Chiang: The Production Design of Rogue One

rsz_rogueoneconcept74u9b.png

April 13, 2017 - 16:00 PM - 17:00 PM EDT / 13:00 PM – 14:00 PM PT / 21:00 PM – 22:00 PM BST

Join Doug Chiang, the Academy Award-winning artist, author and production designer, as he talks about designing Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Chiang served as co-Production Designer on the movie, so can share unique insights into the process of creating the worlds of Star Wars. Currently the Vice President and Executive Creative Director at Lucasfilm, Chiang oversees designs for all new Star Wars franchise developments including films, theme parks, games and new media.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

thelastjedipvrri.png

t1492182000z1.png

April 14, 2017 - 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM EDT / 08:00 AM – 09:30 AM PT / 16:00 PM – 17:30 PM BST

Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy and Star Wars: The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson will appear on stage. There will be plenty of surprises and special guests on the panel to keep the excitement brewing and speculation spinning throughout the rest of the weekend.

Mark Hamill's Tribute to Carrie Fisher

rsz_markcarriehds7f.png

April 14, 2017 - 17:30 PM - 18:30 PM EDT / 14:30 PM – 15:30 PM PT / 22:30 PM – 23:30 PM BST

Fans remember her not only as their princess or general, but as part of the Star Wars Celebration family. Join Mark Hamill as he remembers the talent, humor and enduring legacy of one of the Star Wars galaxy's most luminous beings, Carrie Fisher.

Star Wars Rebels Season Four Sneak Peak

a-promotional-photo-for-star-wars-rebels.png

April 15, 2017 - 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM EDT / 08:00 AM – 09:30 AM PT / 16:00 PM – 17:30 PM BST

Executive Producer Dave Filoni and special guests will bring an epic sneak peek at what's to come in Star Wars Rebels fourth season. From the exclusive reveals, to the always lively audience Q&A, Celebration fans know this panel is not one to miss!

Del Rey Books

thrawnbjqy1.png

April 15, 2017 - 13:00 PM - 14:00 PM EDT / 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PT / 18:00 PM – 19:00 PM BST

Del Rey has been publishing Star Wars books since 1976. Find out what we have in the works for 2017 and beyond. Join authors Chuck Wendig (Empire's End), Christie Golden (Inferno Squadron), Timothy Zahn (Thrawn), and Delilah S. Dawson (The Perfect Weapon) as they discuss current projects and preview other books to come.

The Galaxywide Premiere of Star Wars Battlefront II

rsz_bf224shk.png

April 15, 2017 - 14:30 PM - 15:30 PM EDT / 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM PT / 19:30 PM – 20:30 PM BST

Join the award-winning developers from DICE, Criterion and Motive as they offer a first look of EA's Star Wars Battlefront II. Learn about how they're partnering with Lucasfilm to deliver all-new interactive experiences that are authentic and connected to the greater Star Wars universe. Be among the first to get a sneak peek at what these creative minds are working on to make your Star Wars fantasies come to life.

Marvel Comics Presents: Star Wars

vaderheadermauu5.png

April 15, 2017 - 16:00 PM - 17:00 PM EDT / 13:00 PM – 14:00 PM PT / 21:00 PM – 22:00 PM BST

The Star Wars universe continues to expand in the pages of Marvel Comics! From the ongoing Star Wars series to critically acclaimed fan-favorites like Poe Dameron and Doctor Aphra, new Star Wars stories of all kinds are being released every month in the Mighty Marvel Manner! Join Editor Jordan White, artist Phil Noto (Poe Dameron), and writer Charles Soule (Poe Dameron, Darth Vader) to find out what's in store for your favorite characters both new and old in this can't-miss panel!

Celebration Orlando Closing Ceremony

closenzu3j.png

April 16, 2017 - 16:00 PM - 17:00 PM EDT / 13:00 PM – 14:00 PM PT / 21:00 PM – 22:00 PM BST

Gather with your friends and fellow Star Wars fans to relive the best moments of the weekend, and bid farewell to another Celebration.

giphy.gif

Thanks to marq_roq for the OT title!

Come join us in the Star Wars OT after the event for more Star Wars talk.

Hour and a half out from my hotel for the event. Won't be around much Sunday but I'm hype! Got photo ops with Hayden and Mark, Alan Tudyk gonna sign my Figuarts K2, a LEGO ticket for their booth, shaping up to be an amazing week!

Boem

So the only thing I'm really interested in is the movies. So I'm guessing:

The 13th: Maybe some Han Solo info, announcement of the next spinoff movie?
The 14th: Last Jedi trailer.

Am I getting that right?

Hagi

Really looking forward to whats coming out of this. I wish I could have went to the London celebration last year but next time it's in Europe definitely going to try and make it.

pxleyes

Banned
Be there Saturday.

Orlando local here. If you need recommendations to avoid the treachery that is the I-Drive corridor, please let me know.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeah. I need to get myself to Celebration one of these days. I've never attended a convention though so I don't know how these things work.

Boem

There'll probably be a teaser trailer released on Friday.

Didn't they confirm it would be a full trailer, not a teaser or behind the scenes thing?

I thought I read something about that - that article from someone who had seen the trailer, which also revealed Luke's first words (
Who are you?
)

I can't keep track of all this stuff with so many rumors flying around though, so I can't tell what's fake and what's not.

Are these panels getting streamed? If so, where?

It's in the OP. 30 hours of content will be streamed on the Star Wars website and their YouTube channel.

Didn't they confirm it would be a full trailer, not a teaser or behind the scenes thing?

I thought I read something about that - that article from someone who had seen the trailer, which also revealed Luke's first words (
Who are you?
)

I can't keep track of all this stuff with so many rumors flying around though, so I can't tell what's fake and what's not.

Lucasfilm haven't confirmed a trailer at all but it's a safe bet. I think Star Wars News Net were saying it's more like a full trailer than the early Force Awakens ones but who knows.

Jacce

Banned

Who are you?
)

That was something for shareholders. We are getting a trailer friday. 99.99999999999999% guaranteed.

Boke1879

Won't be going and I'll be missing the stream on Friday, but I really can't wait for this. Star Wars is really going to Dominate the weekend and you can already feel it.

TLJ teaser is going to be so hype and then we get a Battlefront 2 trailer the next day. Amazing.

Pachimari

I hope we will get a sale on Battlefront - Ultimate Edition on Origin again. I would play it in the weekend just to celebrate Star Wars.

So what about the original, unaltered trilogy?

Lucasfilm seems content for the time being to let the niche market serve itself in the form of fan restorations that you can freely download from a variety of forums and torrent sites.

You will see a trailer for The Last Jedi. It will probably technically be a "teaser" being as it won't reveal much (if any) plot, but it will probably be around 2 minutes long.

So basically, whenever the end of the TLJ panel is on Friday, that's when it'll hit YouTube.

I believe even if you can't get in the room at the convention center, other rooms in the convention center will be screening what's happening in the main hall. You'll still get the experience of being in a crowded convention hall with hundreds of other people as the panel unfolds in front of you. You just won't be in that room.

Occam

I and many others really want an official release of restored 4k scans of the Original Unaltered Trilogy. I don't think this is too much to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom