• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

I should probably say: I'd love to be wrong about all of this. I'd love for George Lucas to come walking out on stage to announce a new blu-ray set that's got the originals on it coming for Christmas, before throwing it to Harrison, who says he and Billy Dee are doing cameos for the Han & Lando movie, at which point a quick little teaser from the footage already shot is screened & the title is revealed, and at the last minute, John Williams walks out onstage and it's revealed the first three rows are actually AN ORCHESTRA and he conducts Rey's Theme and the Imperial March before Hayden Christensen walks out in the Vader Costume, pulls off his helmet, and tells everyone he'll see them tomorrow at the Last Jedi panel.
I was almost out of my seat.. Until the last line

SpaceWolf

Banned
Ten republic credits on the new Han Solo film being entitled "Scoundrels" or something similar.

Of course it would. Especially at a fan convention. People there will pop for SYLLABLES uttered. They applaud at basic feats of human recognition. They're gonna pop for Han & Lando walking out on stage.

This is very true. Ford and Williams doing cameos for the new Han Solo spin-off is just an odd idea to me, although I suppose they could be included as some sort of framing device.

Kalentan

Does anyone else hope we get a possible announcement of a Luke's Jedi Academy comic series or book taking place between EP6 and 7? I think that could be cool.

Boem

Ten republic credits on the new Han Solo film being entitled "Scoundrels" or something similar.

I'm betting on simply 'Solo' or 'Han Solo'.

Remember, they changed 'Star Wars Anthology' to 'A Star Wars Story' for the spinoff titles because the former was deemed too difficult to understand across the international markets. I'm guessing something like 'Scoundrels' might have the same problem.

That said, I don't have any problems with that title myself.

This is very true. Ford and Williams doing cameos for the new Han Solo spin-off is just an odd idea to me, although I suppose they could be included as some sort of framing device.

I'm not saying they won't do it, and I know Bobby was joking when he mentioned that, but I'm pretty sure Ford is done with the franchise. TFA was his goodbye.

Just because I want to suggest a ridiculous guess for the coming weekend: what about the chances of them saying anything more about Indiana Jones 5? I know - it's not Star Wars - but it's either this or Comic-Con. It's still Lucasfilm. The last update was that it's coming in 2019 of course, so I'm guessing they'll start talking about it next year at the earliest, but hey. Young me was always a bigger fan of Indy than of Star Wars. I can dream.

They should announce a Double Fine remake of Fate of Atlantis while they're at it.

Kalentan

I'm betting on simply 'Solo' or 'Han Solo'.

Remember, they changed 'Star Wars Anthology' to 'A Star Wars Story' for the spinoff titles because the former was deemed too difficult to understand across the international markets. I'm guessing something like 'Scoundrels' might have the same problem.

That said, I don't have any problems with that title myself.

Solo a Star Wars Solo Story.

;)

TheXbox

They'll announce something at the anniversary panel. It may not be what you want them to announce, but they'll do something. The guys on the Star Wars YouTube channel literally wink and nod at its very mention. "YOU SHOULD WATCH THIS PANEL." That's not coming from some clowns at ABC, either.

Hmm, seems a bit early for another animated show. I think with Filoni's Ahsoka teasing that perhaps he's working on a Siege of Mandalore standalone? That seems to be a big missing piece in bridging Clone Wars and Rebels.

fwiw, John Campea over on Collider Jedi Council said he knows quite a bit about the new animated series already, so its at least coming sooner rather than later

Already a lot in line for the 40th lol

Probably people lining up, to get into the sleep over queue.

The whole sleep over stuuff and allowing people to line up so far ahead is really killing this celebration for me, last two in Orlando did not allow this shit and was able to get into all the panels by simply going an hour or two early enough. Now if you don't essentially spend a day in line and sleeping over, you are likely not getting into any of the big panels

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
The only prequel remake that would make sense is episode 3, george added sooo much to the universe with the clone wars that watching episode 3 after watching all 5 seasons of the clone wars makes the movie feel extremely disconnected.

From the way the characters act, to the way some characters who should be prominent are just ignored or aren't even there and the fact that certain events aren't even referenced despite them having major ramifications for the franchise. It even feels like lucas had an entirely different vision for everyone when he was working on the show vs when he was working on the movie.

I would not be opposed to a flioni spearheaded and lucas approved clone wars style ep3 redo.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME

The whole sleep over stuuff and allowing people to line up so far ahead is really killing this celebration for me, last two in Orlando did not allow this shit and was able to get into all the panels by simply going an hour or two early enough. Now if you don't essentially spend a day in line and sleeping over, you are likely not getting into any of the big panels

This was a problem last year, too. Basically got no access to panels except the... cosplay one. Which was... yeah.

I don't think it's going to be that hard to see the panels, especially if you are okay with getting a wristband to one of the stages where they're streaming them to. You could show up when the doors open back at 5am and probably be fine.

I'll be doing the overnights to get into the live stage for the two big panels, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. I'm not heading over until way later tonight though.

Hell, they're not even supposed to allow people to queue until 8pm of the night prior, but I haven't seen any indications that they're enforcing that yet. We'll see.

They'll announce something at the anniversary panel. It may not be what you want them to announce, but they'll do something. The guys on the Star Wars YouTube channel literally wink and nod at its very mention. "YOU SHOULD WATCH THIS PANEL." That's not coming from some clowns at ABC, either.

It's probably just a hint that Lucas is gonna be there.

rizzo0

So I live about 30 min away from Orlando. I was completely not even prepared to go to this Celebration event due to low funds at the moment and also because I thought this event was in May.

I noticed there are still tickets for sale at the moment for every day EXCEPT Saturday. Can you guys please tell me WTF is happing in secret on that day? Are we speculating some surprises? Also has it been confirmed if we will see any of the new cast memebers from Episode 7?

Basically I want to know if all I want to see are the old cast memebers would buying a ticket just for Thursday be good enough? Idk if I feel like going the whole weekend plus I don't have money to be buying merch or getting autographs.

Force Push me for asking lame last minute questions

-griffy-

Banned
It's probably just a hint that Lucas is gonna be there.

Lucas is gonna walk on stage to a booming ovation, as the most glorious rendition of the Imperial March ever heard is blasted from the sound system. In his arms he cradles Hayden Christensen, who is openly weeping. Hayden opens his mouth as if to speak, only no sound escapes. Instead, his mouth continues to widen. In the back of his throat an object catches the light and the crowd goes silent. Then, all at once, exploding forth from his gaping maw comes SPOOLS of film reel, violently snaking in every direction, into the audience. THESE ARE THE UNTOUCHED REELS OF THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY. Pandemonium ensues. Prequel fans combust into flames. Lucas commands Christensen to expunge the film "Faster, and with more intensity." Kathy Kennedy smirks from the back of the stage. The giant Han Solo figure in Boyega's arms melts. Large sections of the audience are speaking in tongues, convulsing, passing out, the paramedics unable to move fast enough. The feed cuts to an unfazed and professional Anthony Carboni who succinctly wraps up the panel as DeeGoots quietly rolls around in the fetal position besides him.

I don't think it's going to be that hard to see the panels, especially if you are okay with getting a wristband to one of the stages where they're streaming them to. You could show up when the doors open back at 5am and probably be fine.

I'll be doing the overnights to get into the live stage for the two big panels, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. I'm not heading over until way later tonight though.

Hell, they're not even supposed to allow people to queue until 8pm of the night prior, but I haven't seen any indications that they're enforcing that yet. We'll see.

If you aren't doing the sleepovers, you are essentially not getting into the big panels at this point. And in previous celebrations, even the streaming stages were filled up quickly. It's easier to just watch live streams on your phone than waiting a whole bunch for a chance to watch a stream of a panel going on in another room.

And yes it's going to be bad, folks were in line two hours ahead to see Mark Hamil at the same location 2 celebrations ago, and they got denied. Now people are being allowed to come early and get wristbands for these shows in the morning.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So I live about 30 min away from Orlando. I was completely not even prepared to go to this Celebration event due to low funds at the moment and also because I thought this event was in May.

I noticed there are still tickets for sale at the moment for every day EXCEPT Saturday. Can you guys please tell me WTF is happing in secret on that day? Are we speculating some surprises? Also has it been confirmed if we will see any of the new cast memebers from Episode 7?

Basically I want to know if all I want to see are the old cast memebers would buying a ticket just for Thursday be good enough? Idk if I feel like going the whole weekend plus I don't have money to be buying merch or getting autographs.

Force Push me for asking lame last minute questions

You're over thinking it. Saturday is the main weekend day so more people can go, and they more than likely don't have to take off of work. Plus kids can go since they aren't in school.

Instead, his mouth continues to widen. In the back of his throat an object catches the light and the crowd goes silent. Then, all at once, exploding forth from his gaping maw comes SPOOLS of film reel, violently snaking in every direction, into the audience. THESE ARE THE UNTOUCHED REELS OF THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY. Pandemonium ensues.

We're all done here now.

We can log off. Go about our lives.

The second trailer for Force Awakens premiered during the opening panel two years ago.

Yeah, but that opening panel was specifically for The Force Awakens.

Surfinn

Lucas is gonna walk on stage to a booming ovation, as the most glorious rendition of the Imperial March ever heard is blasted from the sound system. In his arms he cradles Hayden Christensen, who is openly weeping. Hayden opens his mouth as if to speak, only no sound escapes. Instead, his mouth continues to widen. In the back of his throat an object catches the light and the crowd goes silent. Then, all at once, exploding forth from his gaping maw comes SPOOLS of film reel, violently snaking in every direction, into the audience. THESE ARE THE UNTOUCHED REELS OF THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY. Pandemonium ensues. Prequel fans combust into flames. Lucas commands Christensen to expunge the film "Faster, and with more intensity." Kathy Kennedy smirks from the back of the stage. The giant Han Solo figure in Boyega's arms melts. Large sections of the audience are speaking in tongues, convulsing, passing out, the paramedics unable to move fast enough. The feed cuts to an unfazed and professional Anthony Carboni who succinctly wraps up the panel as DeeGoots quietly rolls around in the fetal position besides him.

You forgot about Gabe Newell then coming on stage to announce HL3.

Drayco21

Very excited; Rebels season 4, Battlefront 2, and the book panels are must watches for me.

Was hoping for a Hasbro panel for upcoming figures- probably too early for it though.

SpaceWolf

Banned

This is amazing.

Thank you.

Woah whats all this talk about Hayden?
Has the brotha finally been un-excommunicated, can he stop living as a farmboy now XD
The only people who excommunicated him are the fanboys who have a lust for sand and didn't appreciate it when Hayden told them it wasn't all that great. So yeah the OT purists did it.

Wow I never thought I would use the word "excommunicated" in a gaming forum. Kinda cool.

Nah it is but they're apparently gonna do a bag check for people going into the panel which means people without bags can skip ahead if they don't have one.

Man just wondering if there's even a chance to get in if we get in line at 5am. Doubtful but I don't know if we can handle two overnights lol

Bronx-Man

Banned
How practicable of you Bronx. But you're willing to sacrifice arguably the most defining moment in Star Wars because the costumes got a little too cute?
Don't get me wrong, Luke at the Emperor's Throne is the greatest moment of the entire series. But it's pretty obvious that ROTJ just ain't on the level of Empire and ANH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom